Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
whiteknight88;559620 said:
??? heavy steering??? not wat i tested.... guess they must adjusted it then.

Yeah zhul,I totally agree- I get fingers pain sometimes from turning the 320d steering but it's a good hands work out at the end of the day!-tak payah pergi gym buat hand exercise! I do not like those thin and light steering wheels e.g. even on the the MK VI Golf GTI and even the Porsche 997 911!-I just like it thick and heavy...sorry but I am totally biased that way!!

whiteknight88;559523 said:
testdrove the 320d m-sports earlier today... nice torque, good pickup upon 2krpm but overall handling felt light... almost japanese handling like.. too bad :p

Wow! which Japanese handles like an E90 Msport? I want to know! Can save a lot of money.. :p

Our steering is "heavy" because its moving on rails.. just like a train. Ever turn the steering of a locomotive? :D :D

E90 with active steering feels lighter than the non-active steering variant. Normally MSport variant doesn't come with active steering, that's how they sell "less" for "more".. hehe :D

Steering as light as Honda Accord? U got to be kidding! Maybe I should go test drive an Accord now.. :p I know Civic 8th gen steering is light. My wife had an opportunity to drive one back from JB.. keep cursing and swearing all the way back.. :D :D

???? wateva lar... it was light to me when i drove it yesterday.. maybe i got stronger arms than u :p peace out

whiteknight88;559814 said:
???? wateva lar... it was light when i drove it yesterday. peace out

I know why! Pre delivery car are all over inflated their tyres of up to 45psi to prevent flat spots from lengthy parking in the SC.

I test the GTI MkV and it was heavy too. That because the steering looks smaller in diameter. Now the Merc is super light, same as the Passat CC.

astroboy;559815 said:
I know why! Pre delivery car are all over inflated their tyres of up to 45psi to prevent flat spots from lengthy parking in the SC.

I test the GTI MkV and it was heavy too. That because the steering looks smaller in diameter. Now the Merc is super light, same as the Passat CC.

A-Men brother, I totally agree. Merc has the worst steering feel! Even a cheap Toyota Alphard feels better to drive. Merc has this idea of creating luxury with super over powered steerings.

melvyn;560450 said:
A-Men brother, I totally agree. Merc has the worst steering feel! Even a cheap Toyota Alphard feels better to drive. Merc has this idea of creating luxury with super over powered steerings.

Merc has different agenda. They are more to stress free driving and very light steering does make things more effortless. I've driven few mercs and they're a breeze to drive, over long distances and city driving. BMWs are more focused. Anyway it's no longer coined as UDM, but defined as JOY...

I've got to agree with Mun. BMWs tend to have a much more focused drive as opposed to Mercs. I once spoke to a sales guy who has worked with both brands his definition was :

Mercedes - if you want to travel long distance and feel absolutely light & relaxed after the trip
BMW - if you want to travel long distance and feel challenge & excitement throughout the trip

Mun;560860 said:
Merc has different agenda. They are more to stress free driving and very light steering does make things more effortless. I've driven few mercs and they're a breeze to drive, over long distances and city driving. BMWs are more focused. Anyway it's no longer coined as UDM, but defined as JOY...

the merc's steering is too light to my liking. get bmw if you like excitement, you will have surprises everyday :)

hi doc, can't really imagine how the 500nm torque of 6 pot D feels like in a 3s. will have a sprint when it reaches our shore :cool:

mikeyC;595088 said:
hi doc, can't really imagine how the 500nm torque of 6 pot D feels like in a 3s. will have a sprint when it reaches our shore :cool:

I know U want it BADLY mikeyC bro....U would be the first of the 320d guys to book one when it comes!:wink:

I'm getting my 325I Sport next week... wuuuttt!
Any advice from old bird for me?

Thanks so much..

Stanley, u shud introduce yourself at the newbie.

Enjoy! U hv got urself a great car!
BTW, tell u passengers to buckle up! :rolleyes:

Not because of it's fast in straight line or what, dis is not the biggest selling point.
U will go faster then usual without knowing & without feeling a thing, but ur passengers will drop their jaws...

HI Vroom325.. thanks! finally i fulfill myself..
Cars that i owned Perdana V6 (2yrs) > Accord 2.4 (5yrs) > 325I Sport 2011.. yay..

Top Bottom