Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
melvyn;526010 said:
Hey, have any of you guy ever attended the BMW Driver Training?

They actually use the 323i as the event training cars. So that must mean the the 323i is the best! Those of us who bought anything other then the 323i, have made a big mistake.

Well I got news for you, and probably music to doocrayboy's ears, this year starting from June, 320D will be used for driver training. So is that the best BMW??:smokin:

ALBundy;526306 said:
Well I got news for you, and probably music to doocrayboy's ears, this year starting from June, 320D will be used for driver training. So is that the best BMW??:smokin:

I know the answer Mr Founding Member! All BMWs are the best because all are the UDMs! Mr President warned me already don't say any car better than the others, otherwise kena buang forum...so I am very neutral now.

docrayboy;526444 said:
I know the answer Mr Founding Member! All BMWs are the best because all are the UDMs! Mr President warned me already don't say any car better than the others, otherwise kena buang forum...so I am very neutral now.

With your this statement, we love you more! hehehehe....

But sometimes no argue no fun la. Create some fire la :burnout: Kena buang forum, then come back again using "boyraydoc" nick la. Just kidding :cool:

ALBundy;526306 said:

BMW is really going all out promoting their Efficient Dynamics cars. But it still looks to be that our Malaysian mind set is unable to accept a diesel engine in a luxury sedan.

320d resale value is expected to be lower then the 320i...

Hey, has the thread died or what? Why no activity?

(dull)

ALBundy;526302 said:
Mun, you can get the ball rolling?

Know of any free dates?

Know any of the A4, C class and alfa guys that are willing to go to the track just to see whose car is the fastest?:smokin::burnout:

Bundy,

At least you have a chance that Audi can smell your smoke and probably see your tail lights from a distance but for us we smell thier smoke la.

Kena tiong twice already, even at 230kmh.

melvyn;526493 said:
BMW is really going all out promoting their Efficient Dynamics cars. But it still looks to be that our Malaysian mind set is unable to accept a diesel engine in a luxury sedan.

Hey, has the thread died or what? Why no activity?

(dull)

Mel,

Like it or not, Malaysians will in the very near future have to give serious consideration to diesel powered units, given the fact that petrol/gas price increase is inevitable.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/petrol-prices-could-rise-initial-15sen-ltr/

Also given the strict EU regulations on carbon emission in the near future, BMW has started developing hybrid diesels!

To me the 6 cylinder diesel engine is relatively refined (perhaps the best diesel engine in the market in my opinion, compared to the Merc, VW and Audi), and if our diesel quality improves I'd hope BMW will make its 2.5 liter diesel engine available to the local market in the future.

Perhaps many years from now, driving a petrol engine BMW will indeed be a luxurious experience:smokin:

initialM;526511 said:
BMW sucks lar. Banyak Makan Wang & Banyak Masuk Workshop:smokin:

yea, i agree

the Bring More Women statement doesnt work for me either :(

sharp;526747 said:
yea, i agree

the Bring More Women statement doesnt work for me either :(

Sometimes it's Brings Many Worries because it Breaks My Wallet when it Banyak Masuk Workshop that Banyak Makan Wang.

Salut

ALBundy;526713 said:
Mel,

Like it or not, Malaysians will in the very near future have to give serious consideration to diesel powered units, given the fact that petrol/gas price increase is inevitable.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/petrol-prices-could-rise-initial-15sen-ltr/

Also given the strict EU regulations on carbon emission in the near future, BMW has started developing hybrid diesels!

To me the 6 cylinder diesel engine is relatively refined (perhaps the best diesel engine in the market in my opinion, compared to the Merc, VW and Audi), and if our diesel quality improves I'd hope BMW will make its 2.5 liter diesel engine available to the local market in the future.

Perhaps many years from now, driving a petrol engine BMW will indeed be a luxurious experience:smokin:

What do you guys think of the new X1 2.0d? Any good?

I don't expect it to be as rewarding to drive as a 3 Series...

melvyn;526493 said:

For now, it is still a grey area. If the 320d is proven to be reliable and if the price of fuel goes up, it will keep its value better than its petrol cousin.

melvyn;526774 said:
What do you guys think of the new X1 2.0d? Any good?

I don't expect it to be as rewarding to drive as a 3 Series...

Test drove the X1 2.0d a few weeks ago. Its handling and feel is amazingly like a 3 series, with only slightly more body roll when you take corners fast. :burnout:
Had much fun driving it about the town area. Quick lane changes don't rattle it at all. The only negative issue is the equipment spec is quite bare.

David Yong;525850 said:
On a serious note, i really hope there is a test between 325i and 320d. Really eager to know the result. Let me know when this can happen. There are few nice roads/highways to test this out. The Kajang Silk Highway is wonderful. Huge and not many car. Can even conquer the 3 or 4 lanes road.

After the test, drinks on satayman also known as astroboy!

Silk & Lekas Highway is best for this.... the other day when I was taking that highway, there was 10 Porsche + 2 Ferrari racing from 1 toll to the next toll zig zag-ing each others....

we can have a team of 3 x 320d and 2 x 325i and go for a Free For All chase....

M3, 320i, 323i, etc are all welcome to join the Free For All session...

Morganl;526919 said:
Silk & Lekas Highway is best for this.... the other day when I was taking that highway, there was 10 Porsche + 2 Ferrari racing from 1 toll to the next toll zig zag-ing each others....

we can have a team of 3 x 320d and 2 x 325i and go for a Free For All chase....

M3, 320i, 323i, etc are all welcome to join the Free For All session...

I think not necessary, both cars are already very fast, already very good!:burnout:

Free For All is still fun though... especially when petrol/diesel is still subsidized... lol

I've been here in Eastern USA driving a V6 rental car for the past couple of weeks. Haven't encountered a single diesel passenger vehicle on the road. Visited a BMW distributorship - no such things as 325s, only 328s and above. 335i sticker price is US$43k (RM142k) Petrol price similar to ours. 6 lane freeways, perfect city roads with no potholes.

We are so sad...

Schwepps;528363 said:
I've been here in Eastern USA for the past couple of weeks. Haven't encountered a single diesel passenger vehicle on the road. Visited a BMW distributorship - no such things as 325s, only 328s and above. 335i sticker price is US$43k (RM142k) Petrol price similar to ours. 6 lane freeways, perfect city roads with no potholes.

We are so sad...

Go to a BMW dealer and test drive a 550i or an M3 :p.

I rode in an X1 this morning (courtesy shuttle ride from Ingress), and man, the engine sound reminds me of the Hilux 2.5 diesel.

I'll take a turbo petrol anyday. If Audi can still squeeze 350NM torque from their 2 ltr 4 pot petrol, BMW should be squeezing more than 350NM from the 2 ltr 4 pot diesels!

Check this out!

http://www.automoblog.net/2010/03/22/carbon-e7-bmw-diesel-engine/

carbon_motors.jpg

Schwepps;528363 said:
I've been here in Eastern USA driving a V6 rental car for the past couple of weeks. Haven't encountered a single diesel passenger vehicle on the road. Visited a BMW distributorship - no such things as 325s, only 328s and above. 335i sticker price is US$43k (RM142k) Petrol price similar to ours. 6 lane freeways, perfect city roads with no potholes.

We are so sad...

Diesel passenger cars are more common in Europe versus US...

E46Fanatic;528364 said:
Go to a BMW dealer and test drive a 550i or an M3 :p.

I rode in an X1 this morning (courtesy shuttle ride from Ingress), and man, the engine sound reminds me of the Hilux 2.5 diesel.

I'll take a turbo petrol anyday. If Audi can still squeeze 350NM torque from their 2 ltr 4 pot petrol, BMW should be squeezing more than 350NM from the 2 ltr 4 pot diesels!

yea.. and that's supposed to be on their new TFSI engine, not even Quattro engine.... this could be the benchmark for the next gen 3 series though...

and if even Merc can squeeze 204hp 310NM torque on it's 1.8 4 pot turbocharged petrol engine available on C Class now (C 250 CGI), I think we should expect more from BMW today rather than expecting it on their next gen 3 series...

Top Bottom