astroboy;525798 said:
Huh?! 320i also a good contestant ka? Hurray! :rock:

Top speed for the 3 variants:
320i = 215 kph
320d = 228 kph
325i = 242 kph
335i = 250 kph :eek: :D Limiter
M3 = 250 kph Limiter also.. :D

astroboy, pls dun include 335i and ///M.... which is definitely not so powderful comparing to 320i or 320d or 325i..... especially 320d! You can include 330i too but definitely not 335i or ///M :)

David Yong;525811 said:
astroboy, pls dun include 335i and ///M.... which is definitely not so powderful comparing to 320i or 320d or 325i..... especially 320d! You can include 330i too but definitely not 335i or ///M :)

DY, please be aware that sarcasm can be very offensive. We are only comparing the 2000 to 2500cc engines as that is what most of us middle class working men can afford at this moment. If we had the extra Ringgit and the application, we too would love to have the more powerful models in our garage.

I agree that a fair displacement NA car is defiantly far better then our forced induction methods, but a larger displacement and higher revving engine can be very uneconomical. The E90/92/93 M3 cost over 4 times the maintenance cost of the "regular" 3.

astroboy;525831 said:
haha... I started it.. :p chill~! :D

I think too long never organise E9x TT liao..

Melvyn, u from Penang? Sunday night u free? Go attend the following TT, shake hand and racun each other.. :p :D

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33929&page=7

Astroboy, thank you very much for your warm welcome, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I will be overseas for this 2 months. I'll try to make it the next time.

melvyn;525819 said:
DY, please be aware that sarcasm can be very offensive. We are only comparing the 2000 to 2500cc engines as that is what most of us middle class working men can afford at this moment. If we had the extra Ringgit and the application, we too would love to have the more powerful models in our garage.

I agree that a fair displacement NA car is defiantly far better then our forced induction methods, but a larger displacement and higher revving engine can be very uneconomical. The E90/92/93 M3 cost over 4 times the maintenance cost of the "regular" 3.

Wow... we have so many sensitive people around in the forum nowadays.

No worries & thanks for your reminder.

Cheers :D drinks on astroboy :cool:

Chill lar, everybody please.

Maybe it would be better to prove all the claims on the track or on some quite road.

DY, your car not allow cos not classify under the same category with 320d and 325i.

David Yong;525840 said:
Wow... we have so many sensitive people around in the forum nowadays.

No worries & thanks for your reminder.

Cheers :D drinks on astroboy :cool:

Humour is fine, but we need to keep in mind that everyone has a different view and financial capacity. Don't want to start another raging argument like the last time.

David Yong;525811 said:

heh...heh....someone is trying to make this thread lively again............:rock:

p/s: i thought freedom of speech is a right of evrybody??

On a serious note, i really hope there is a test between 325i and 320d. Really eager to know the result. Let me know when this can happen. There are few nice roads/highways to test this out. The Kajang Silk Highway is wonderful. Huge and not many car. Can even conquer the 3 or 4 lanes road.

After the test, drinks on satayman also known as astroboy!

jarance;525844 said:
Chill lar, everybody please.

Maybe it would be better to prove all the claims on the track or on some quite road.

DY, your car not allow cos not classify under the same category with 320d and 325i.

I want to come! Never missed DY in power test. Pls pls pls.... hehehehe...

On this Sunday's E9x TT, why not try the Round Penang Island lap? 3am, lap time is about 20min. 325i vs 320d... Air is cool, road is clear-ish...

David Yong;525864 said:
I want to come! Never missed DY in power test. Pls pls pls.... hehehehe...

OK, we ask Astroboy aka the satay man to orgynise the shootout lar. :rock::rock:

Hey, have any of you guy ever attended the BMW Driver Training?

They actually use the 323i as the event training cars. So that must mean that the 323i is the best! Those of us who bought anything other then the 323i, have made a big mistake.

Frankly, I don't understand why BMW came up with the 323i anyways, its the same engine as the 325i and there isn't a market for this car.

320i = C200k = A4 1.8T

325i = C230k = A4 2.0TQ

320d = C220CDi = A4 2.0TDI

323i = ?

melvyn;526010 said:
Hey, have any of you guy ever attended the BMW Driver Training?

They actually use the 323i as the event training cars. So that must mean the the 323i is the best! Those of us who bought anything other then the 323i, have made a big mistake.

Frankly, I don't understand why BMW came up with the 323i anyways, its the same engine as the 325i and there isn't a market for this car.

320i = C200k = A4 1.8T

325i = C230k = A4 2.0TQ

320d = C220CDi = A4 2.0TDI

323i = ?

Are they using the 323i now? I suppose they are, seeing as the 325i is now only available in Sports trim. I took the Driver Training course a couple years back, and BMW was using the 325i (pre-LCI, non-Sports). Right now it seems that BMW has a nice differenciation for the mid-range 3er: those who go for comfort/luxury - they have the 323i; while those want sporty - they have the 325i Sports. It figures that those who want sporty, would prefer a more powerful engine (hence the more powerful tuning of the 325i vs the 323i), sportier handling (the M-Sport suspension), and generally sportier trim (the silvery/aluminum & black trim in the 325i Sports vs the wood trim in the 323i).

I wouldn't say there isn't a market for this car. Have seen quite a number around town, I know of at least one OM here who has one (although with all the stuff he is doing to his car, maybe he should have gotten a 325i Sports instead, hehe!)

Top Bottom