How to make e90 325 faster than Golf GTI MK6?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
turbology;490608 said:
I just peed my pants

2010 135i's come with 7 speed DCT option. That will be quicker than the stick (faster shifts and better ratios) and much easier to drive around KL! This one is worth the wet pants :D

Itu Golf kereta kecik, itu 325i lebih besar, macam mana mau lawan? Kalau mau lawan mesti pakai kereta kecik macam itu 135i, barulah syok.

Ya la! Even cock fight also separated into different weight categories ma.. :D

affan66;490765 said:
what cock? hmmmmm :)

This one la!
2674717690_001fba357c.jpg

Cannot be this one ma!
CockFight.JPG

:D :D :D

E46Fanatic;490731 said:
2010 135i's come with 7 speed DCT option. That will be quicker than the stick (faster shifts and better ratios) and much easier to drive around KL! This one is worth the wet pants :D

For oldschool petrolheads like me, manual is the ONLY option, nothing more, nothing less... hahaha..

E46Fanatic;490731 said:

Sorry... DCT is a DCT, not a manual.
I want a fun and fast car which need 100% driver involvement.

If I want just a fast car, I can always go for GTR35.
But GTR35 is not a fun car.

Just me. Thanks for the info though. :)

Yes.. you and Fabian are purists. I am a techno geek. If the DCT can shift faster, heel and toe for me, and have better ratios I'll take it over building more muscles on my left leg :p

Ok back to reality ... sigh

U guys can talk from real cars to remote control cars to cock fighting.... hmmmm... wondering what next heh.

E46Fanatic;490908 said:
Ok back to reality ... sigh

LOL... Both Fabian & I are living in 'manual world'. Although i don't get 300+hp, but i get the 'half effect'... good enough for now. LOL

For the DCT, You can try the alternative : Proton Savvy with AMT :D
Why is Savvy a flop? never get a change to drive the car

energy;489509 said:
There are 2 other ways to beat the GTI MK6 with e90 325 Msport.

1) Long drive to Spore. - anytime

2) Complicated routes where Sat Nav is essential (golf has no Sat Nav and my buddy has yet to buy the Garmin portable sat nav) - anytime also my mkv got sat nav.

:top:

energy;489830 said:
Can we fit the 7 speed DCT transmission to M52N 325?
Else, I will wait 2 years and upgrade to e92 335iS. That should 'hatam' the GTI MK6 'kau kau'.
There is a chinese saying that goes, "Gentlemen's revenge, 10 years not late" (something like that lar).

another 2 years time MK6R is here. And you will be sweating again. Stock 300hp. They got 3 stage to go... and it's only 2.0 liter car.

David Yong;489703 said:
Honestly, Golf GTi is a nice car to have. Value for money if you ask me. It also hold better 2nd hand value. Depending on what you want. U want a brand name plus comfort with good handling or you want something that is fun and powerful.

you got the point man.. :top:

I got ultimate solution for you, put spikes in front both of your car. Since MK6 are not on run flats, i think. so after that you can cruise at 80kmh and win the race.

My suggestion bro...if you wanna beat him in a street race....just bring your iron balls out, and race him like there is no tomorrow..dont even bother about modifying the car..

end of the day...its the driver that makes the difference :)
kekekekeke

venger;499954 said:
My suggestion bro...if you wanna beat him in a street race....just bring your iron balls out, and race him like there is no tomorrow..dont even bother about modifying the car..

end of the day...its the driver that makes the difference :)
kekekekeke

Thats very true. Race from K.L all the way to PJ and take Jalan Damansara way. Aviod all highways. Drink 2 cans of beer and your balls will turn to steel. :)

my fiend is getting his MK6 next week.
What do you think of the 3.2L stroker kit for N52?

energy;501617 said:
my fiend is getting his MK6 next week.
What do you think of the 3.2L stroker kit for N52?

stroker kit is mostly e only way to go for NA cars for petrol heads wanting more power.
as the saying goes, no replacement for displacement.
rest of e mods like bolt-on's, ecu tuning, etc dun really increase much ponies.
but also depends on what e stroker kit comes with but personally i think after e kit, some head job is required.
with FI its so much more fun to mod, price per HP is so much lower n derives much more satisfaction.
so like DY sell off e 325 n get a 335... hmmm.. anyone wants my car?? ahaha

YellowMellow;494757 said:
another 2 years time MK6R is here. And you will be sweating again. Stock 300hp. They got 3 stage to go... and it's only 2.0 liter car.
mk6 golf R? should be 270PS right? not 300..i think 335 is still faster than mk6R

mohdazlanabas;499875 said:
I got ultimate solution for you, put spikes in front both of your car. Since MK6 are not on run flats, i think. so after that you can cruise at 80kmh and win the race.

nice idea, but the prob is how can the 325 ever be in front? haha

no wonder last time i see an e92 with some ugly spoiler without badge, guessing it's a 323 or 325, while its accelerating i have no prob keeping up with my mk5 gti.. he went on to 230km/h and do crazy zig zagging, i finally give up
yes the comfort level of mk5 gti is not that good, the seat is pretty uncomfy, tire noise on stock tires are noisy at high speeds... and yes i never felt comfortable on the passenger seat of mk5 gti on a long drive

but since 325i has 218hp and mk5 and mk6 gti has less than that, the only thing the 325 beats them is in terms of top speed, 325's 242kph while the mk5 233, mk6 238.

phas3r;503351 said:
mk6 golf R? should be 270PS right? not 300..i think 335 is still faster than mk6R

0-100 sprint the gti-r wins by 0.1 second.

phas3r;503351 said:
nice idea, but the prob is how can the 325 ever be in front? haha

no wonder last time i see an e92 with some ugly spoiler without badge, guessing it's a 323 or 325, while its accelerating i have no prob keeping up with my mk5 gti.. he went on to 230km/h and do crazy zig zagging, i finally give up
yes the comfort level of mk5 gti is not that good, the seat is pretty uncomfy, tire noise on stock tires are noisy at high speeds... and yes i never felt comfortable on the passenger seat of mk5 gti on a long drive.

i think this comparo is just unfair...on one side we have a full fledge HOT Hatch while on the other side we ha a lux saloon with sport heritage...the gti is built as a pocket rocket while the 325 sport is family saloon that has a luxury brand and can still give a pleasure drive with its decent power n handling..on the street neither these two can get away from each other if they were to race....

phas3r;503351 said:
but since 325i has 218hp and mk5 and mk6 gti has less than that, the only thing the 325 beats them is in terms of top speed, 325's 242kph while the mk5 233, mk6 238.

the 325 sport has extra 8 hp more but 30nm torque less..with almost 200kg heavier being a more premium car with its creature comfort....

given a choice, i still keep the 325sport over the gti...even the price says it all...100k difference u know which one gets the priority if u were to vallet it.

Top Bottom