How to make e90 325 faster than Golf GTI MK6?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I want a GTI mk 6. I nearly bought the mk 5 back in 2005. It was sold by Wald then.
Went for test drive with my wife and friend, it was way faster than my E46 325 then, wife didnt like the shape and at the end bought her a harrier instead :(

from another forum;

Well was on my way to KLIA to inspect on some incoming goods. Travelling approximtely 130km/hr innocently on the right lane. Then here comes an E90 325 flashing me non stop from the rear. He came right up to my car's butt till i could not even see his bonnet. Pissing me off i dropped gear and gun the GTI pedal down to the the floor till i his 200+km/hr... As i sped up i saw him further and further away till he was at least 400+ metres away. *laughs*. Got caught up in traffic and he caught up to me again and started flashing me again. Not in the mood i pulled to the left and that was when i saw it was a 325. Back in the garage I also have an E90 325 which i use for long dist driving so i know what is the max capabilities of that car. From the left lane I played with him one more time till max possible speed on the GTI and he lost like a poor fool.. Hahaha Kudos to the GTI ABT with 240hp....!

sachseelan;503439 said:
from another forum;

Well was on my way to KLIA to inspect on some incoming goods. Travelling approximtely 130km/hr innocently on the right lane. Then here comes an E90 325 flashing me non stop from the rear. He came right up to my car's butt till i could not even see his bonnet. Pissing me off i dropped gear and gun the GTI pedal down to the the floor till i his 200+km/hr... As i sped up i saw him further and further away till he was at least 400+ metres away. *laughs*. Got caught up in traffic and he caught up to me again and started flashing me again. Not in the mood i pulled to the left and that was when i saw it was a 325. Back in the garage I also have an E90 325 which i use for long dist driving so i know what is the max capabilities of that car. From the left lane I played with him one more time till max possible speed on the GTI and he lost like a poor fool.. Hahaha Kudos to the GTI ABT with 240hp....!

this is the scenario - as the 325 brake/slowdown to his gti's tail ...the gti drop gear and sped off. at this moment of time, the 325 lost his momentum, and even on the wrong gear, the gti having the advantage to slam the gas maybe 3-5 second earlier than the 325 slamming his brake...definitely la kene tinggal.

i wont even read/consider this kind of review

a fair way to gauge is by mutual start.:top:

Or having the gti play with the 335i (turbo vs turbo) and see who kena tinggal :D

Having said that the ABT kitted GTI is a nice car indeed ... consider it as a hot hatch rather than luxury sports saloon like the E90 325i ...

B33mEr;503460 said:
Or having the gti play with the 335i (turbo vs turbo) and see who kena tinggal :D

Having said that the ABT kitted GTI is a nice car indeed ... consider it as a hot hatch rather than luxury sports saloon like the E90 325i ...

those GTI are just plain pussy laa. I have tapaued every GTI that i encounter. especially the pussy looking ABT is my favorite. well thanks to my N54+ProCeed.:love:.

The funny thing is once having a drink with heavily kitted ABT GTI driver. The only thing they talk about their ride is the DGS gear box. over and over again. believe me it is very annoying. so every time he mention VW. I said Volks WAGON. that enough to piss him off. :top:

So, for the 320, 323 and 325. Yes, the GTI will have you for breakfast, lunch, Dinner and supper. So don't try. it is a different league all together. being explain many many time already.

B33mEr;503460 said:

I dun even wanna waste my time with them (GTi).... not my league. What velocity have said is very true.

a car with 380bhp tapaued a car with 200/240bhp...emmm i dun think in this case they (200/240bhp) cars deserve the 'plain pussy' label...it is totally diff league...it is equivalent to racing a bicycle with a 70cc motorbike and when the motorbike win he/she calls the cyclist plain pussy...hahahaha

t2ribena;503573 said:
a car with 380bhp tapaued a car with 200/240bhp...emmm i dun think in this case they (200/240bhp) cars deserve the 'plain pussy' label...it is totally diff league...it is equivalent to racing a bicycle with a 70cc motorbike and when the motorbike win he/she calls the cyclist plain pussy...hahahaha

not to forget that the gti is rm210k while the 335 sedan is close to rm500k...

This is all just silly talk..it'll never end.

But I do agree that talking to some Golf GTi owners.. plain irritating.All they talk about is tapau tapau tapau..sheesh!

More to cars than just speed la..

eh..come to think again. izzit really true a golf GTI and e90 is in different league? both of them can fit 5 pax comfortably. the only difference is sedan and hatchback body. so as car category, they are in the same class. don't you think?

velocity;503685 said:
eh..come to think again. izzit really true a golf GTI and e90 is in different league? both of them can fit 5 pax comfortably. the only difference is sedan and hatchback body. so as car category, they are in the same class. don't you think?

Well, it depends on what parameters are used.

BMW also make some serious hot hatch like the 135i. Don't think the Golf GTi stands a chance. :)

BMW is a better chick magnet. Chicks would not spread for GTI drivers ;) cabutz...

supergripen;503683 said:
This is all just silly talk..it'll never end.

But I do agree that talking to some Golf GTi owners.. plain irritating.All they talk about is tapau tapau tapau..sheesh!

More to cars than just speed la..

Methinks I hear a lot of d*ck size comparing here too. :sleep: I thought you outgrow that when you move up to BMW. :rolleyes:

Schwepps;503709 said:
Methinks I hear a lot of d*ck size comparing here too. :sleep: I thought you outgrow that when you move up to BMW. :rolleyes:

errr...we never felt old even we drive BMW bro...lagi muda adalah...:eek: thanks to mid life crisis event.

This is a hilarious thread...I enjoy reading..keep it rolling guys

I think there is one way for a E90 to win...the brake test!!! Dono abt the Mk6 but the stock Mk 5 brake seem to suffer loss of grip on hard use (its intially strong..then weak..then comes back) , let say u brake hard from 130kmh to zero...I think E90 would win with shorter stopping distance...heh heh heh

But I agree with some of the forumers here....GTI drivers are obsessed with tapau tapau tapau other cars only....I used to be one of them, until I got sick of feeling the need to "prove my GTI manhood" everywhere....its like someone driving an Audi...they always feel a need to potong a Bimmer....

with the Bimmer youve got nothing to prove...and the you relax and enjoy the high speed cruising....

There's a vast gap between growing old and GROWING UP. We don't need to drop to the level of Satria/GTI bicep comparing. As they say, only those who don't have it need to tell everyone that they do. :wink:

i think it is good to have the sense of competetiveness....but to compare two cars of difference category is just plain stupid...

u can compare the gti with cooper s or type r..that will not make us (bmwmsia forrumer) looks stupid :eek:

Top Bottom