E90 325, e60 525, VW GTI mk6 or Audi Q5?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Most 'luxury cars' (at this price brackets) have similar problems with the interior.. the paint won't last especially with our treacherous tropical climate. Wonder how the interior would be like when it reaches 10 years old.. No fight against the E30 interior (minus the crack-prone E30 dashboard)..

BlackE90;458158 said:
Aiyoh bro, you also replaced the few items. I had the following replaced under warranty
. Rear air convent cover, driver's side door handle tray, right rear passenger door handle, driver side door central locking system.

Recently found out the driver seatbelt buckle area chipping.

Damn bloody low quality materials used for a so-called luxury vehicle (close to a quarter million ringgit).
Are we just buying this damn UDM for the name sake...? They don't built quality BMW these days unlike which they used to in their previous models.

yea, i would rather they built the interior with non-chipped hard PVC than painted soft paint material..

fabianyee;458166 said:
Most 'luxury cars' (at this price brackets) have similar problems with the interior.. the paint won't last especially with our treacherous tropical climate. Wonder how the interior would be like when it reaches 10 years old.. No fight against the E30 interior (minus the crack-prone E30 dashboard)..

no, US guys are having the same problems. its the painted material they used.

for instance...

Energy, we are in the same (if not similar) boat...i am considering a 2008 525 m-sport for rm320k or just wait approx 9-12 months for the new 5. i saw the Q5 and quite like the car but if your budget is within rm300-400k range and you want an suv, also consider the new lexus rx350. for sedan, have you considered the new E?

Aiyaaa... I know Energy from way back. He's a boy racer at heart. The Q5 is good but won't cut it with him. The E60 also will be too sedate for him esp in 525i guise. The Mk6 is ugly. The E90 is getting boring for him since he already had one for 2-3 years. I say, get an E92 335i and a more functional car for wifey. The extra 100 ponies will make up for the "familiarity".

Q5 is good to bully other sedan cars or probably spirited sprint at short straights, beyond which a true high displacement sedan prevail, more so at above 200kph run.. :wink: :love:

Knowing him and how hard core BMW energy is, he wont be caught driving in a VW or Audi. So I guess its the E92 335i for him!

Saw the Q5 yesterday, looks like a lowered huge buttock CR-V or Vitara, kind of short chassis or tail if you ask me.. rear lights looks like the new Pajero, overall looks like a shrunken VW Toureg, by as much as 50%, farnee looking .. don't like it.

Spaceman;458200 said:
no, US guys are having the same problems. its the painted material they used.

for instance...

Mine is black colour. Hopefully no coating and as such no peeling

BlackE90;458158 said:
Aiyoh bro, you also replaced the few items. I had the following replaced under warranty
. Rear air convent cover, driver's side door handle tray, right rear passenger door handle, driver side door central locking system.

Recently found out the driver seatbelt buckle area chipping.

Damn bloody low quality materials used for a so-called luxury vehicle (close to a quarter million ringgit).
Are we just buying this damn UDM for the name sake...? They don't built quality BMW these days unlike which they used to in their previous models.

Scary la. so many warranty claims. Japanese car seldom has so many warranty claims.

astroboy;458354 said:
Saw the Q5 yesterday, looks like a lowered huge buttock CR-V or Vitara, kind of short chassis or tail if you ask me.. rear lights looks like the new Pajero, overall looks like a shrunken VW Toureg, by as much as 50%, farnee looking .. don't like it.

:D Agree fully with you. Wanna drive a lux SUV, get a big-ass SUV like a Cayenne or Toureg. Looks wannabee otherwise.

etquah;458384 said:
Scary la. so many warranty claims. Japanese car seldom has so many warranty claims.

Japanese don't paint their panel ma, its raw PU color.. :p Super cars also don't paint their panel, they wrap them with leather.. :p our car not so "super".. :p

I little bit smart, I buy black interior so no matter how u garu and ketuk, still see black color.. :p

BlackE90 is grey interior like the Saga Taxi wan... jia lat.. :p

Spaceman;458154 said:
yea, watch out the handbrake area, seatbelt buckles area, rear air-cond vents + ashtray front panel (changed 1 once + ashtray= RM4xx.xx), coin compartment below headlight switch (bought 1 spare but lazy to change), driver door handle, all 3 other passenger handles ('clasp' as known in realoem.com catalogue) - i bought 3 pcs, 1 replaced, 2 spares.

Center console is Rm1668.07. i m getting ready to order this if the damn thing start peeling. noticed a little nicks and cuts around the center console...not sure when it occurred but i've been very careful not to touch these spots for no reasons...:rolleyes:

wow..u have a serious peeling problem with ur interior..cant imagine if its a proton

glock_8;458476 said:
wow..u have a serious peeling problem with ur interior..cant imagine if its a proton

Proton no such issue because their interior plastics are mostly unfinished or not painted. :D

glock_8;458476 said:

no serious problem with the interior, they are very minor actually, barely be seen if not pointed out.

but i am a perfectionist freak, thats all!:rolleyes:

astroboy;458479 said:
Proton no such issue because their interior plastics are mostly unfinished or not painted. :D

so, for my next 'luxury' car - i'll make sure its either hard PVC or leather wrapped ONLY. No more paint chipping problem, very 'malu'!

Then you have to get a Jap (Lexus?) or a Merc, Spaceman :boring: Unfortunately, all mainstream contis suffer from tactile surface treatments, headliners and such interior stuff that won't last in our climate. With the exception of MB. Dunno about the Jags, Maseratis and such though, never been there! :D

astroboy;458354 said:

agreed its not the best looking suv...took wifey for a test drive other day and i must say i left very much impressed...must be the quattro thingy, you may have diff opinion once you tested it...only thing is about the 10 months waiting period...

Top Bottom