How to make e90 325 faster than Golf GTI MK6?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
r37720;490126 said:
I have made right decision to own this remote control car.... people praise so much about it .... another happy owner

What remote control car?

supergripen;490132 said:
What remote control car?

hahaha..when I 1st test drive this car, it feel so fast like RC car... that is why i bought it.

r37720;490143 said:
hahaha..when I 1st test drive this car, it feel so fast like RC car... that is why i bought it.

So you've ridden an RC car then??? :eek:

My RC handling not very good le... u sure its a good comparison ka.?! :eek:

I'd be scared shitless if I were to ride on an R/C car..those little devils are crazy fast!! Used to hv a Tamiya buggy,a gas powered CLK DTM and now I've got a couple of drift specials,just for fun.A RX-7 and an S15.

So hows ur Audi experience?? I know the car is FUNtesticularly fast but how is the support from EM? Its the one thing that's putting me off..

I take it u ordered urs from Audi Juru Autocity?? Can get the car faster in Penang ah?

supergripen;490159 said:
I'd be scared shitless if I were to ride on an R/C car..those little devils are crazy fast!! Used to hv a Tamiya buggy,a gas powered CLK DTM and now I've got a couple of drift specials,just for fun.A RX-7 and an S15.

So hows ur Audi experience?? I know the car is FUNtesticularly fast but how is the support from EM? Its the one thing that's putting me off..

I take it u ordered urs from Audi Juru Autocity?? Can get the car faster in Penang ah?

sorry to mislead you..

I did not own Audi A4 Qautro but I bought Golf GTI MKV 2 years ago. The reason I bought just b'cos it is faster than my E60 530d. Since I am a family man and has 2 kids, this GTI is only for fun ride only. Nobody likes to sit at the back. The milleage hardly reached 20,000 km after 2 years of owning.

Yes I bought it at Juru from Goh Brothers

r37720;490218 said:
sorry to mislead you..

I did not own Audi A4 Qautro but I bought Golf GTI MKV 2 years ago. The reason I bought just b'cos it is faster than my E60 530d. Since I am a family man and has 2 kids, this GTI is only for fun ride only. Nobody likes to sit at the back. The milleage hardly reached 20,000 km after 2 years of owning.

Yes I bought it at Juru from Goh Brothers

No biggie bro,no harm done.. Good to know u're happy with the car.

You're not alone r37720. Friends of mine who are Ferrari and Porsche owners, also own GTIs for Sunday fun drives.

Spaceman;490408 said:
is GTi MK VI more comfortable than MK V? anyone tested?

MKVI have height adjustable. Someone claimed is more comfort.

r37720;490440 said:
MKVI have height adjustable. Someone claimed is more comfort.

I've driven both the mk5 and the mk6.. the mk6 is definitely more comfy with better controlled damping(which is selectable in 3 modes,COMFORT,NORMAL and SPORTS).The mk5 has got my rear passengers complaining of stiff bums and general discomfort.
The mk6 a is also more refined,better NVH.

energy...

If you dont have any limitation on ur budget, i suggest you to change your engine...

pm me for details... rumours has it, there is a new kedai potong that sells General Electric J85-21A engine...

zamtresco;490450 said:
energy...

If you dont have any limitation on ur budget, i suggest you to change your engine...

pm me for details... rumours has it, there is a new kedai potong that sells General Electric J85-21A engine...

Hahaha!!! Good 'un bro!!

I prefer the F414..more kick!

Buy this BMW pocket rocket....
135i 6 speed MANUAL!!!!!
http://www.mudah.my/Bmw-135i-3.0-M-sport-unreg-08-5201732.html

see the stick shifter and the 3 pedals!!! slurp slurp...
4293591771.jpg

zamtresco;490450 said:
energy...

Thanks bro.
My budget is way below RM50M though ;)

e60FANster;490056 said:
for N52 hopefuls, try this BMS Power Box, highly recommended
http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html
of course kenot see DY's tail lights but car drives much stronger & always seemingly want to drop gear n rev... vroom vroom

tried w a fren's stock MK5, kena tapau.. wutz new but he deep down he longs for my car n i lust for his ahaha

read all the details on BMS and even downloaded the installation manual.
I am not convinced that this piggy back ecu mod will increase power of the N52N. Looks like it only adjust the accelerator pedal to be more responsive. I thought the current 'drive by wire' accelerator from 2001 onwards was made for safety purposes. i.e. in traffic jams, prevents your car from surging ahead if you're light footed.

please advice.

energy;490517 said:
read all the details on BMS and even downloaded the installation manual.
I am not convinced that this piggy back ecu mod will increase power of the N52N. Looks like it only adjust the accelerator pedal to be more responsive. I thought the current 'drive by wire' accelerator from 2001 onwards was made for safety purposes. i.e. in traffic jams, prevents your car from surging ahead if you're light footed.

please advice.

its a 2 in 1, throttle controller + ecu piggyback.
throttle controller functions is similar to velocity sprint booster and dis definitely works.
the ecu piggyback function is untested unless u dyno e car for hp n torque gains.
but e engine node seems fiercer after e tune and throttle response is crisp.
most will claim tt its e function of e throttle controller rather than ECU tune.

but having said tt given e couple of setting, can butt dyno it.
ie. turn off throttle n run ECU tune only or turn on throttle but turn off ECU tune.
another way to tell if u trust published info is actually from the dyno graph provided.
attached is one done in SG after the powerbox installation, i find it hard to belif.
if i recall correctly it was done by Boss Motorsports, who claims to have localized the tune hence maxing out e gains... again i find it hard to belif.
the one tt was posted by BMS on their website seems to be more reasonable.

it is possible to gain a couple of ponies from ecu tune.
funny thing is most tunes involves leaning out the AFR to get peak hp.
in the case of powerbox, they richen e mix to get more horsies so its a safer tune if u ask me.
can't go wrong too with the price of the box, worth trying i reckon

as for drive by wire safety concerns, yeah i guess u juz haf to be abit more careful.
but 325 stock is quite torqy di so either way u still need to be careful wen loading e throttle.
so juz moderate e throttle better la, juz like how DY does it wen behind e wheel of a monster torque car :top:

e60FANster;490591 said:
juz like how DY does it wen behind e wheel of a monster torque car :top:

My tuning or piggyback (Procede) have the valet mode option i.e. with ON/OFF function. It is OFF by default. I only turn it ON when needed. I normally drive with it OFF and only ON it when monster "cucuk" me or when I am in a hurry.

Actually you dun need moderate the throttle coz after awhile you will get used to it. Just like driving with sprint booster or the velocity.

Top Bottom