F30 320i versus VW GTI Mk6

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
rattlesnake1982;798074 said:
U mean bro M ka? ..... Lol....

We need someone who knows more ... much more. Esp one with high class nature ... know anyone?

"Originally Posted by jennypenny gti can beat 335? hahaha.. golf R maybe la. GTI will have all the "cool" exhaust noises and still wont be able to touch the 335 in a drag race.

my take is (last to first):
- 320i
- 320d
- GTI
- 328i
- 335i
- Golf R"

Wow, this is bogus. You sure about the Golf R? Have you driven one?

maroonbug;798197 said:
"Originally Posted by jennypenny gti can beat 335? hahaha.. golf R maybe la. GTI will have all the "cool" exhaust noises and still wont be able to touch the 335 in a drag race.

my take is (last to first):
- 320i
- 320d
- GTI
- 328i
- 335i
- Golf R"

Wow, this is bogus. You sure about the Golf R? Have you driven one?

Never la because VW is not for high class people ...

too many competitors out that which are faster, more comfortable, better to drive than the golf gti

Whats not to like about a GTI? Classy or not it has a following worldwide for a good number of reasons and one of it is the combination of good steering feel, sporty handling, good balance of power and economy, DSG fun in a relatively 'cheaper' package overall. Drive one to know one..

No flame intended :) just stating my previous ownership experience ;)

Eevolution3 ... Its funny. Each of us have our own preferences. I love the weight of BMW steering unlike how light it felt on the GTi. Then I am fully enjoying my CRZ, its steering is lighter than the GTi! I must be nuts. Hehehe ...

Are we still on this? Why not look at Tech. Evaluation a bit, see tech. comparison below and decide for yourself:
View attachment 27734

While doing that do note that some people are not buying the car just because it accelerates a few seconds faster. Besides, try going fasrer than everybody else on a busy roads you will end up frustrated as proton and myvi are always ahead of you. Note also the old saying - Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholders; so Mr Tianci has the birth given right to love his CRZ. Have a great Friday!

Whilst we are all enjoying cavier and wine, lets us all not forget our humble past. Our firsts cars that bought us to this forum eventually. Our proton sagas, satrias, wiras, kanchils and etc. Remember how we modded it and rempit at nights.....hehehehe. My satria 1.3 could do 90kmh at 2nd gear.....tekan till d engine went out of breath. And never breaks down, no CEL, Limpa Mode la, sensor here and this and bla bla bla.

Mine was 2nd Gen Accord Coupe. Loved that car. Also loved my Kancil 850 manual. Can park anywhere! Humility is imoortant and we should never forget where we came from.

Aiyo charcoal, I hope you did not rely on that chart to buy your 320i la....its cooked by some BMW fanboy.... :)

Just to get the fan boyism going.. though I cant afford the GTI...
Let me see..
The chart chose to use Gross GTI weight vs the BMW kerb weight
Also the fanboy chose to highlight only BMW unique features such as sportsline/rwd/fuel tanks size???/wheel base too???

Correction on the above.
GTI have driver and passenger electric seat, lumbar adjustment(driver), cruise control, sun roof, dynamic head lamp, full CBU from Germany, LSD, rear fold down seat, Dynamic chassis control, 5yrs warranty etc.... just to skew it a bit..heck this is the MK6 which is end of life and getting 22K discount now... when the MK7 coming in Q3, the list get even longer...

At the end, there are no one perfect car for all...buy whatever one can enjoy/afford and stop justifying such by running down others.

I think Brompton started a similar topic in VW forum, it was interesting to see the contrast on how both camp looking at the topic especially when VW was low class, the owner are young punk type of owner and yet the maturity displayed on the discussion is refreshingly matured compared to camp here who label themselves as executives that have "ada class" where as the VW as low class as in wearing Casio G Shock...

http://vwclubmalaysia.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3923

BRAVO gamenoob. Well said.... What was your first car in your life? Mine was proton satria 1.3. Paid every single cent with my hard earned money. Was a waiter after working hours to save money. I got plenty of S.E.X. with that cute hot red hatch.

the first car I that I can truly buy on my own is a Kancil 850EX. It was for my mom and myself to shared....

Although I'm not as lucky as you Daniel to have plent of S.E.X in it as the car shared with my mom... risky to leave any trail stain behind...

First car was a Kembara 1.3 manual. Used to fetch friends to college on a daily basis to pay for petrol and maintenance costs as well. Fantastic little bugger!

Dan, my first car also Satria 1.3. Surprisingly durable..

but didnt get much sex lo...

Daniel E30;798250 said:
BRAVO gamenoob. Well said.... What was your first car in your life? Mine was proton satria 1.3. Paid every single cent with my hard earned money. Was a waiter after working hours to save money. I got plenty of S.E.X. with that cute hot red hatch.

Oh Yes, Kembara is an awesome mini SUV....no issues with rain, flood and etc. All time 4WD.....underpower but very nice cabin. Passenger seat very near to driver. Can raba raba and car has height advantage...hehehehe

BenedictC;798256 said:
Dan, my first car also Satria 1.3. Surprisingly durable..

but didnt get much sex lo...

Hehehehe, type S.E.X...

Yours the first version or the 2nd with the smaller rear lights?

GTi is a lousy package la ... got no rusty seats as a special feature ok! I hate the steering feel, at least F30 despite being EP they manufacture some krok krok krok into the steering column to replicate the feeling of lousy Malaysian roads.

Had the 1.3 Satria as my first car as well. It was in the mid 90's when the interest rate was pretty high. Quite reliable for the whole of 5 years driving it. If given the chance to turn back the clock, might have gone for a used eg or ek. Or even the ford sampan.

Top Bottom