F30 320i versus VW GTI Mk6

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
What's the most common car that we've seen broke down on the road ........... & caused an undesirable massive traffic built-up?

brompton;797384 said:
What's the most common car that we've seen broke down on the road ........... & caused an undesirable massive traffic built-up?

Not sure abt KL but if you come to Kuantan (yes we do hv massive traffic from Thursday to Sat), massive jam probably from a stalled protons .... VW i hv seen one being towed before and Merc/Volvo a few times. BMW, twice also but this is due to the recent flooding :4:...

brompton;797384 said:
old car, irrespective of brand, if irregularly serviced would break down. Poor people buy not so expensive cars and also sometime toobroke to service their cars, so cars break down causing massive jam. You can curse but you don't know how it feels. Rich people buy expensive car, can't wait to service their fast and expensive cars, love the cars more than their girlfriends, cars never break down, change cars after 2 or 3 years.

I owned so many brands. Most happy with Toyota and Perodua. Most grief was BMW takes the cake from Proton even when tou factor in the cost of purchasing. If you say otherwise about BMW then I guess too many in this forum are making up stories about BMW problems. It does not exists.

I believe some fanboys say all the problems are worth it because it drives so well. So there you go ... The are a lot of problems.

Like a friend of mine who has owned almost 20 BMWs himself and his family says the cars are now lousy in quality. Who am I to say otherwise?

Unlike olden days, nowadays car manufacturers have to consider the environmental impact when designing their cars. They have to make their cars lighter, more fuel efficient and have minimal carbon footprint. To achieve this, they use light weigh bio degradable material like plastics, carbon fibre and aluminum. The down side of this is consumer will find the car bug by squeaky sound, wind noise, intrusive road noise, plastic pieces falling off after 3 years, etc. BMW is no different. I guess, this leads to the perception that BMW cars quality has degraded over time.

In KL, I see majority, ie., 9 out of 10 are the marque which had been driving up our car price in MY, ......... PROTON: Few BMW being carried onboard; Hardly see any MB; Never see a Toyota! But, with the VW YES being so successful, VW franchises' quality is so imbalance, & that 7speed DSG gear box issue still has not been ironed out completely .......... I anticipated more VW to be on the tow truck during later half this year! .................... sorry, got carried away .............. OT

brompton;797537 said:
In KL, I see majority, ie., 9 out of 10 are the marque which had been driving up our car price in MY, ......... PROTON: Few BMW being carried onboard; Hardly see any MB; Never see a Toyota! But, with the VW YES being so successful, VW franchises' quality is so imbalance, & that 7speed DSG gear box issue still has not been ironed out completely .......... I anticipated more VW to be on the tow truck during later half this year! .................... sorry, got carried away .............. OT
No you are right about that. Me one being one of those VW victims as well as another friend of mine, had issues. So got the two truck guy to come and pick him and his car up to send it to the service center. The tow truck guy was like smiling and always in a good mood. So my friend was curious and ask, "wah service with a smile". "No", says the tow truck guy. "Volkswagen has been giving me very very very good business recently. I am getting rich!". LOL.

Mavik;797579 said:
No you are right about that. Me one being one of those VW victims as well as another friend of mine, had issues. So got the two truck guy to come and pick him and his car up to send it to the service center. The tow truck guy was like smiling and always in a good mood. So my friend was curious and ask, "wah service with a smile". "No", says the tow truck guy. "Volkswagen has been giving me very very very good business recently. I am getting rich!". LOL.

I see when is my turn to enrich those fellow...finger crossed..

Mavik;797579 said:

VW should have gone to 8 speed straight instead of 7 speed. DSG 7 speed not balance..... One clutch control 1,3,5,7 and another clutch control 2,4,6. Not balance...

splee;797640 said:
VW should have gone to 8 speed straight instead of 7 speed. DSG 7 speed not balance..... One clutch control 1,3,5,7 and another clutch control 2,4,6. Not balance...

VW so stupid did not balance things! Such a big company but so dumb. Cis

tIANcI;797652 said:
VW so stupid did not balance things! Such a big company but so dumb. Cis

They should have consulted the Chinese...... Oops...

I know many people get sored with proton which is widely considered as one of the factors that result in us paying arms and legs for imported cars. But with all honesty I think proton wira is perhaps one of the best proton cars that has been produced in term of easy to drive and affordable to many people esp. college going kids. In term of ratio, there are a lot more protons on Malaysian roads than other cars. In term of ownership, proton, esp. wira, or even better the 2nd hand wira are typically owned by people who can't afford the Japanese, Koreans or Conti.

Negative views on proton are plenty due to political connotation and frustration with the existence of APs and high excise duties for import cars. But really, in term of practicality and value for money, a 2nd hand wira, make 1997, cost RM8k, mileage 190,000 km, after changed the lamps, after installed an MP3 players, aircond working fine, engine condition is fine, service cost below RM150 per visit, full tank cost only RM35, because of small size easy to drive, pick up is reasonable (of course not like VW GTI), etc....so what so bad about the car?

If you have impression that proton is the car that is alway broken down on the highway and caused traffic jam it is just your perception. Have you ever really noticed what brand of the car that broke down? Lets be honest and do a log the next time you see a car break down along the highway. Also please factor in the fact that there are many more proton cars on the roads, so the probability of break down can be more than VW. So if you see one VW breakdown Vs 9 proton, it doesn't mean proton is more problematic cars than VW.

I am not asking anyone to love proton, the idea is one must be fair and less sterotype when you make comparison. I have one friend before who always said his things, house, car, etc. were better than anyone else have, the best, etc. Few of my other friends also felt funny with frowning eyes everytime this happend. One day I told this boasting friend off, fortunately he didn't feel offended. Instead he realised that the earth is actually round and not flat.

siuloong85;773555 said:
GTi win.

For the current F30 only 328i and 335i can outperform the GTi. 320D? no, not even close!!

Are u sure? Weird coz I have never encountered a
Golf GTI that can smoke me n leave me trailing....
Anyway it's not about the car, like my good friend said, it's the thing
Between the steering and driver seat that counts....

..i believe, trouble with Proton is also more political than car itself, and possibly righteous, because people are forced to pay for non proton vehicles, HUGE price tag difference...for money most brand new conti cars cost here, you could buy small aircraft..not to mention that for some car prices here, you could buy brand new 50+ footer boat..thats just crazy..thats where people getting pissed off, I believe..

..i would like to see car, what cost more than this beauty, based on real value..unfortunatelly, here, there are many cars cost vay over price of this gorgeous..

My_Baby.jpg

Top Bottom