F30 320i versus VW GTI Mk6

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Daniel E30;798258 said:
Oh Yes, Kembara is an awesome mini SUV....no issues with rain, flood and etc. All time 4WD.....underpower but very nice cabin. Passenger seat very near to driver. Can raba raba and car has height advantage...hehehehe
I know what you mean about the raba raba action hehehehehe. The car was also quite high in terms of the center of gravity, a lot of times when climbing up those steep hills I feel like the car can topple over hehehehe. But the car is super fun, the manual makes it all the better to drive. Learned how to double clutch with the car hahahaha.

consoglieri;798266 said:
Had the 1.3 Satria as my first car as well. It was in the mid 90's when the interest rate was pretty high. Quite reliable for the whole of 5 years driving it. If given the chance to turn back the clock, might have gone for a used eg or ek. Or even the ford sampan.

Ahhh, that 1.8 Ford Coupe TX3. Thats a monster during those days. The 2 generation Honda Prelude was also a top contender in street rempits...

tIANcI;798246 said:
Mine was 2nd Gen Accord Coupe. Loved that car. Also loved my Kancil 850 manual. Can park anywhere! Humility is imoortant and we should never forget where we came from.

I used to hv a 2nd gen civic planning to do it up but too bz with other civic tht it was abandoned for sometime untill 1 day 1 uncle came persuade me to sell to him...
I enjoy my civic and my bimmer too..am i confuse? I dun think so as long as i know d differences between them

consoglieri;798266 said:
Had the 1.3 Satria as my first car as well. It was in the mid 90's when the interest rate was pretty high. Quite reliable for the whole of 5 years driving it. If given the chance to turn back the clock, might have gone for a used eg or ek. Or even the ford sampan.

I always wanted the Satria GTi ... unfortunately too poor then ...

Fredo;798271 said:
I used to hv a 2nd gen civic planning to do it up but too bz with other civic tht it was abandoned for sometime untill 1 day 1 uncle came persuade me to sell to him...
I enjoy my civic and my bimmer too..am i confuse? I dun think so as long as i know d differences between them

So back then you had less class than today la? Hmmmmm ... I lagi confused as I got BMW, Honda and Mistubishi ... best I sell my Mitsubishi la ... gain a couple of class points.

After the 1.3 Satria, traded in for a used Satria GTi...it was an awesome ride. Had to give it up when i had my boy. 2 door car a no no when you have a baby to ferry around plus all the bags and stuffs that comes with it...

consoglieri;798276 said:
After the 1.3 Satria, traded in for a used Satria GTi...it was an awesome ride. Had to give it up when i had my boy. 2 door car a no no when you have a baby to ferry around plus all the bags and stuffs that comes with it...

How nice to own the Satria GTi ... such a hot item back then ... for the car thieves too!

consoglieri;798280 said:
Yes...had to park cautiously...got class mah...he3...

Someone will slap you for saying that! You know who la ... HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAA!!!

gamenoob;798247 said:
Aiyo charcoal, I hope you did not rely on that chart to buy your 320i la....its cooked by some BMW fanboy.... :)

Just to get the fan boyism going.. though I cant afford the GTI...
Let me see..
The chart chose to use Gross GTI weight vs the BMW kerb weight
Also the fanboy chose to highlight only BMW unique features such as sportsline/rwd/fuel tanks size???/wheel base too???

Correction on the above.
GTI have driver and passenger electric seat, lumbar adjustment(driver), cruise control, sun roof, dynamic head lamp, full CBU from Germany, LSD, rear fold down seat, Dynamic chassis control, 5yrs warranty etc.... just to skew it a bit..heck this is the MK6 which is end of life and getting 22K discount now... when the MK7 coming in Q3, the list get even longer...

At the end, there are no one perfect car for all...buy whatever one can enjoy/afford and stop justifying such by running down others.

I think Brompton started a similar topic in VW forum, it was interesting to see the contrast on how both camp looking at the topic especially when VW was low class, the owner are young punk type of owner and yet the maturity displayed on the discussion is refreshingly matured compared to camp here who label themselves as executives that have "ada class" where as the VW as low class as in wearing Casio G Shock...

http://vwclubmalaysia.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3923

bro gamenoob, hang on bro, you can verify here, an established dealer website: http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/index.php
Don't think anyone want to cook up specs in their brochures.

I am not sure about the G Shock Vs Patek Philippe, neither am I crazy about rolex. imho, class in not determined by what you drive or wear.

I am fully grown with a college going kid so pls excuse my long but humble car experiences:
fisrt car Toyota Corrolla --> 2nd hand Honda Prelude --> Proton Knight --> Honda Civic ---> wira co. car, honda civic ---> Honda Civic, Volvo 850 new --> CRV, Pug --> CRV, Accord new, Wira --> CRV, Wira, 320i

First timer owning expensive car like BMW apart from that 850 which costed me 176k in 1997. Would be disappointed if this 320i is going to fail me big time, so that's where the so called fanboy psychology comes from :)

charcoal;798284 said:
bro gamenoob, hang on bro, you can verify here, an established dealer website: http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/index.php

I am not sure about the G Shock Vs Patek Philippe, neither am I crazy about rolex. imho, class in not determined by what you drive or wear.

I am fully grown with a college going kid so pls excuse my long but humble car experiences:
fisrt car Toyota Corrolla --> 2nd hand Honda Prelude --> Proton Knight --> Honda Civic ---> wira co. car, honda civic ---> Honda Civic, Volvo 850 new --> CRV, Pug --> CRV, Accord new, Wira --> CRV, Wira, 320i

First timer owning expensive car like BMW apart from that 850 which costed me 176k in 1997. Would be disappointed if this 320i is going to fail me big time, so that's where the so called fanboy psychology comes from :)

WOW, Proton Knight....its a legendary car. I remember they emulated some stunt driving to promote these versions...back then, they were very sexy black hot hatch.

My first car was a proton iswara hatchback 1.3 manual in red color. Parents pay down payment for me but I have to pay the rest of the installments. I remember driving this car together with my buddies and chicks on Saturday evening to disco and party all night long...then go supper before drive up to genting to see sunrise. The iswara is my first manual car and also the one that makes me fall in love with the manual transmission. I like to play with the stick, clutch and the pedal. It's pure fun that you cannot get from any auto transmission. No power steering but not a problem as the car is light.... But now I don't think I want to drive a manual car in our city traffic.

Daniel E30;798286 said:
WOW, Proton Knight....its a legendary car. I remember they emulated some stunt driving to promote these versions...back then, they were very sexy black hot hatch.

Back in the days when Daniel was very Ah Beng la ... Kekekekeekee ...

charcoal;798284 said:
Ah no wonder the specs were different. The cars in Singapore and Malaysia has way different specs. You can even get a xDrive F30 in Singapore whilst the Malaysian specced F30 320i has was less stuff compared to our southern neighbours. Also the GTI's in Malaysia has more specs such as electronically adjustable suspension settings, AUX input, Cruise control, HID lights and even more stuff compared to the F30 320i and 320d. The one thing I wished more BMW models would have is a sunroof :D

splee;798288 said:
I like to play with the stick ...

Careful ... you may turn on Rattle Man! Hehehehehee ... I still love manual cars, even till today I like a manual. KL jam is not big deal, so used to it. Been having a manual car for the last 6-7 years now. Unser manual, Alza manual, CRZ manual ...

tIANcI;798289 said:
Back in the days when Daniel was very Ah Beng la ... Kekekekeekee ...

Hello Penang Kia, all Penang fellaw got a bit of Ah Bengnish wan....we high class Ah Tu Ah Kow.....from Hong Seng Estate. 4 Wheel Kia.

Daniel E30;798293 said:
Hello Penang Kia, all Penang fellaw got a bit of Ah Bengnish wan....we high class Ah Tu Ah Kow.....from Hong Seng Estate. 4 Wheel Kia.

I am from Pulau Tikus la ... dunno all these Hong Seng Hooi Kia ... Kekekekekee ...

gamenoob;798247 said:
I think Brompton started a similar topic in VW forum, it was interesting to see the contrast on how both camp looking at the topic especially when VW was low class, the owner are young punk type of owner and yet the maturity displayed on the discussion is refreshingly matured compared to camp here who label themselves as executives that have "ada class" where as the VW as low class as in wearing Casio G Shock...
http://vwclubmalaysia.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3923

Yes, i started the same thread trying to get an unbiased feedback from both camps. No doubt, VW crowd is younger; BMW more senior. Labelling them as punk was not very diplomatic though ........... I can then qualify as an Old Punk :) driving the GTI as a weekend fun car! Nevertheless, I never own any GShock, collect PP only, & my daily beater (Really wear daily) is no other than the 5711/1A.

Top Bottom