Stock F30 328i vs Golf R

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi whoelsebutme.. u related to whyalwaysme?

I opted for the practical choice.. 328 in Melbourne Red w Black interior. My kids ultimately swayed the decision. Plus it's kinda odd to hav a car called Golf that can't fit a golf bag!

If Golf R.. my pick wld be the Rising Blue.. the signature colour makes it abit more special.. :top:

Don't forget Golf R comes with all wheel drive..... super fast cornering ability.

In Malaysia, no one is gonna know you are driving a Golf R most might think its just a GTi but when ur in a UDM, the badge at the back saying 328i says alot to the layman in Malaysa. Go for the 328i bro..

P.S- Have u tried posting in VW club the same question? Would be interesting to see their responses.

krsna86;806627 said:
In Malaysia, no one is gonna know you are driving a Golf R most might think its just a GTi but when ur in a UDM, the badge at the back saying 328i says alot to the layman in Malaysa. Go for the 328i bro..

P.S- Have u tried posting in VW club the same question? Would be interesting to see their responses.

No one knows of the rusty seats too. Hehehe ...

love the DSG, super fast and awesome! GTI with no suspension upgrades is no fun at all. but R is an AWD ride, it bites at corners. BMW has better comfort quality than the VW definitely. off the grid, the DSG is more solid. after sales value, BMW definitely! having said all those, anyone interested in buying my souped up legendary stage 2 AUDI Q5? hehe.

Had a good read... Im driving my low class car for 4 years already. Same as splee driving before. U got so much time to trolin this forum?? Ive whatsapped u last time asking for ur mk5 parts. Sold the car already? Its a nice ride.

Subsonique, hi.

Anyways, nope golf R cannot beat a 335i. A stock golf R is rather sluggish and heavy on the go, the awd eats some power, the weight is slightly heavier than a gti, and the 19" talladegas are very heavy. A stage 1 gti will smoke a stock R. Not helped by the fact that the R here are detuned from 270Ps to 255ps. A Dyno on a stock R in sunway reads 226whp and 305nm.

But R is still a good upgrade for a gti due to its all round package, awd, keyless, bucket seats, heavier feeling, bodykits, better brakes, sound etc, and is a better weekend fun car than a 328f30.
Its still not quite a track king like megane or type r's tho. Its an all rounder fun car.

phas3r;806754 said:
Had a good read... Im driving my low class car for 4 years already. Same as splee driving before. U got so much time to trolin this forum?? Ive whatsapped u last time asking for ur mk5 parts. Sold the car already? Its a nice ride.

Subsonique, hi.

Anyways, nope golf R cannot beat a 335i. A stock golf R is rather sluggish and heavy on the go, the awd eats some power, the weight is slightly heavier than a gti, and the 19" talladegas are very heavy. A stage 1 gti will smoke a stock R. Not helped by the fact that the R here are detuned from 270Ps to 255ps. A Dyno on a stock R in sunway reads 226whp and 305nm.

But R is still a good upgrade for a gti due to its all round package, awd, keyless, bucket seats, heavier feeling, bodykits, better brakes, sound etc, and is a better weekend fun car than a 328f30.
Its still not quite a track king like megane or type r's tho. Its an all rounder fun car.

Hi Bro, it's a small world. I used to throng the VW forum and now I have found a new love, the UDM. I am a proud owner of a new F30 328i. The GTI is definitely a great and fun car to drive. My S2 GTI may have around the same power as the 328i, but the power delivery of the GTI is more aggressive and brutal. The GTI is also more agile and lighter compared to the 328i. Having said that, the 328i is more comfortable and luxury and classy too, more suitable for my expanding family size. Anyone interested to buy my S2 GTI?

Your mk5 so low mileage? Collecting dust? 50k is very low for 2007 car.

Yes i got the mk5 in 2009 but got poisoned rather late, starting the mod journey only late last year. After installing dp/going stage 2, the car is even more fun to drive. The boost and fart.. Addictive.

I saw u getting the kw v3 in vagsg. How do u find it compared to stock susp? What are your settings? Will it handle better than m sport e90? Hehe. Just got a used kw v3 but yet to install.

Yes gti not as good as 3 series for daily drive and your expanding family. 4 children already? F30 also cannot fit later.

tIANcI;806768 said:
No register cannot view one la

splee said:
Dear friends,

I am selling my beloved MKV Golf GTI. Details as follows:

Year 2007, registered in Jan 2008.
Mileage 50k km only.
MTM Stage 2 tuned.
Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust (quad pipe).
Forge Diverter Valve.
H&R ARB front & rear.
S3 Intercooler.
Pivot XY Boost Gauge.
OSIR front lip and rear carbon fibre diffuser.
Vkool Elite tinting.
Tip top condition.
Accident free.

Selling Price: RM128,000

I prefer to sell all the performance parts together instead of de modding and selling separately. I hope an enthusiast from the forum can take over my GTI and take good care of the car for many years to come.

As a bonus, with a top up of RM2,500, I will give you a set of KW V3 Sports Coilover + all the original stock parts.

So do not miss this opportunity to own a pristine Golf GTI.

Interested please call/SMS/WhatsApp 01xxxxxxx

10character

To the OP: personally I wouldn't bother with the MkVI Golf when the MkVII MQB is just around the corner. The golf and F30 are great cars in their own right but really depends on your individual circumstances and what you are prioritising: space, comfort and prestige or AWD
handling and chuckability. Isn't it a great problem to have though!

E28driver;806773 said:
To the OP: personally I wouldn't bother with the MkVI Golf when the MkVII MQB is just around the corner. The golf and F30 are great cars in their own right but really depends on your individual circumstances and what you are prioritising: space, comfort and prestige or AWD
handling and chuckability. Isn't it a great problem to have though!

Mk 7 is lovely but will be around 218k if the trend continues.

tIANcI;806772 said:
That's a very good price ... I still love the looks of the Mk 5

All the mods still there except for the v3 which I sold it recently. The price reduce to $125k. Mileage now 53k. If interested pm me for viewing.

Top Bottom