F30 320i versus VW GTI Mk6

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
charcoal;797224 said:
I am drving 320i for now and it is perfectly ok for me to know that GTI WK6 or any other cars are faster and better cars. There are just too many cars to choose from and chosing criteria, budget and buying decision also can get haywired at time. But there is always another time for another car...still not done with BMW yet...perhaps one day....who knows myself here may also venture into VW in future :)

I like your V good response. Owning a car at any particular time frame, is just a reflection on one's demand vs suitable market availability at that time. No particular biase should be infer from that. Who know, we may be guided by positive review on BMW in due course?

jennypenny;797241 said:
probably the first person i know that think image is just an illusion to life.

good job dude.

OT ...............
Not particularly concern abt what other person perceive ........ after all, we project different images at different time, dont we?:wink:

Why compare the 328 wirh GTi. When a video was shown comparing Godzilla with M5 how many BMW fanboys say its a lousy comparison? So now how? One is hot hatch and the other a sedan.

Mavik;797225 said:
Just to add in as a former VW owner, the 5 years warranty, note that 2 years comes from Volkswagen Group Malaysia and the remaining 3 years is from an insurance company.

Warranty claim procedure -> SA checks the car, must have fault detected using their scanners (3rd party not allowed such as VAGCOM), submit claim to VGM and then wait for parts to arrive. Certain parts fairly easy to pass through but other parts such as internals have proven to be very very very difficult to claim unless you are indeed good friends with the dealers or have connections at VGM. Usual suspects for warranty claim include batteries, mechatronic unit, coil packs, spark plugs.

You are quite correct, esp on the Mechatronic Unit, in particularly on the 7 speed DSG "Dry" Box. The issue is easily resolved by software update, & to avoid gear box over heating. Relatively few complaint on the "Wet" 6 speed DSG Gear Box, employed on the Golf/Scirocco GTI/R. The rest are as others brand of cars.

TheTinkerer;797220 said:
Come on la bro, Cayman and the F30 is totally different league (model and price). Cannot be compared apple with apple. If you are looking to buy a Cayman, then your alternatives may be some other cars and not a F30 (just my thought).

Off track a bit. Please re read my post carefully ........ Didnt compare Cayman with F30 at all, the latter, apart from M3, the rest are not up to scratch!

brompton;797248 said:
Off track a bit. Please re read my post carefully ........ Didnt compare Cayman with F30 at all, the latter, apart from M3, the rest are not up to scratch!

M3? i think the C63 AMG is the proper barnstormer. haha.

cayman should be compared to Evora S. but then, the Lotus brand is the laughing stock in the automobile world.

i like the way you think. impressed.

jennypenny;797251 said:
M3? i think the C63 AMG is the proper barnstormer. haha.

cayman should be compared to Evora S. but then, the Lotus brand is the laughing stock in the automobile world.

i like the way you think. impressed.

Cayman S you mean ... No way Cayman can match the Evora la? Laughing stock? Wow ... I am sure it is. Such a lousy car ain't it?

OT ..........................................................................................................................:burnout:

Dad

Faster get the Cayman and pass the gti to me ya. ..
And whenever you feel like it feel free to take the gti out and leave the Cayman keys in the left hand drawer

Thanks Dad!

jennypenny;775006 said:
gti can beat 335? hahaha.. golf R maybe la. GTI will have all the "cool" exhaust noises and still wont be able to touch the 335 in a drag race.

my take is (last to first):
- 320i
- 320d
- GTI
- 328i
- 335i
- Golf R
I would like 2 c a stock golf r beat a stock 335. I think a stock r will have difficulty beating a stock 328.

tIANcI;797328 said:
Veyron also kenot. CRaZy powered by dreams!

Super Veyron only 1600hp.. of course la not enuf to tapao CRaZy car.. :D

VW do not have better service...i had to wait 4weeks for an aircond sensor and the SC ask me to wait another week to get it fix....tried contacting VW Malaysia buy no one answer for 2 weeks! at the end i use the usual method...go to the SC bang table only got it fixed....

same type of service with VW and BMW and at least BMW u can call thr VOICE to screw them

and VW silently detune my polo in order to prevent gb damage...now the low end lag is just annoying...

Top Bottom