Which Tint.....?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
K.Lim;825182 said:
Where and why you can get free Llumar tint? I brought 320i too and getting the car next week, but the SA asking me for 2800 if I want the Llumar security tint. Wondering how can I get it for FOC
Wat offer u get bro???

Satrian3;825892 said:
K.Lim;825182 said:
Where and why you can get free Llumar tint? I brought 320i too and getting the car next week, but the SA asking me for 2800 if I want the Llumar security tint. Wondering how can I get it for FOC
Wat offer u get bro???

You need to settle all this kinda offers before you agree to buy the car .

Quill offers free LLumar tinting.

I got 3M from ingress.

make sure the 3M product you install is Crystalline. many cheaper tints are much better than the non-Crystalline products by 3M.

Satrian3;825892 said:
K.Lim;825182 said:
Wat offer u get bro???

Shame didn't get any discount or offer when I bought the F30. I got my Llumar Diamond 6 security film installed at 2200 with SA. I feel Vkool is better than Llumar in term of heat rejection, as I still can feel the sunlight coming through the windows with Llumar. However,llumar have no problem with auto gate and smart tag.

mine was Huper Optik and gonna install them again for my another car soon.
top notch installation.good rejection and i liked the subtle colour.

My SA only give me discounted price for vkool at rm2300 and 3m at rm2200. Not sure which line is it but the guy say vkool 92% heat rejection while 3m 94%. The guy also told me 3m might have problem with smartac.

Shame didn't get any discount or offer when I bought the F30. I got my Llumar Diamond 6 security film installed at 2200 with SA. I feel Vkool is better than Llumar in term of heat rejection, as I still can feel the sunlight coming through the windows with Llumar. However,llumar have no problem with auto gate and smart tag.[/QUOTE]

Actually security tint is not as effective in rejecting heat compared to 'normal' tint. Vice versa normal tint like 3M Crystalline is good in rejecting heat but offers no security. If want best of both worlds tint 2 layers; one of each type, on the door windows. We don't need security tint for front or rear windscreen as snatch thieves do not break these

i just did mine - windscreen huper optic C70, side Richcool 6 mil and rear Richcool.. effect is superb - cooling is faster, dark enough yet JPJ compliant.. never fail clearing smart tag too..

Hi all.. Just booked my F30 320i this afternoon at Ingrees Damansara and got a 3M Crystalline 5 mil safety tint and body coating worth RM3660,which I only pay RM1660 because my SA give me a RM2k rebate, ok kah?

hafiidz;827852 said:
Hi all.. Just booked my F30 320i this afternoon at Ingrees Damansara and got a 3M Crystalline 5 mil safety tint and body coating worth RM3660,which I only pay RM1660 because my SA give me a RM2k rebate, ok kah?

Bro, which agent offer you that deal? I was offered the same but have not confirmed with SA. Need to find out which is cheaper. Some said in the earlier thread that Cyrstalline only cost 1.3k.

Im thinking of doing the same tint + body glass coating, does anyone knows where and which tint services provide a good one?

ST :rock:

I did mine with Cool World Solar Tint - RhinePro XD5 which is 90% IRR rejection and 6 millimeters thickness (difficult for people to break your windscreen). If you bargain hard you can get the world car done for less than RM 1000

Bro Terry8, Whats the company name for world car? Can they do glass coat too? Any contact number?

Simon_T72;830433 said:
Bro, which agent offer you that deal? I was offered the same but have not confirmed with SA. Need to find out which is cheaper. Some said in the earlier thread that Cyrstalline only cost 1.3k.

Im thinking of doing the same tint + body glass coating, does anyone knows where and which tint services provide a good one?

ST :rock:

My SA at Ingress by the name of Sammi Sam gave me RM2k discount/rebate on the car price.. because I chose alpine white and I scared it'll be yellowish, she suggested me to do body coating.. there's different price in the 3M brochure ranging from RM1k to RM6k.. I heard last time people said 3M Crystalline is among the best (if not the best).. it's on your choice laa.. I chose the middle one RM3660 (safety tint + body coating) and after tolak the rebate of RM2k, so i have to pay RM1660 lah.. There are also more choice (have to add more $$$) whether to do the windscreen coating (air tak lekat kat windscreen), headlamp coating and many more..

Actually what is important is not the brand but the IRR rejection percentage and the thickness. All brands have high and low IRR so dont go for brand but specifications. I did mine for less than RM 1K - 90% IRR and 6 millimeters thickness (safety).

terry8;830501 said:
Actually what is important is not the brand but the IRR rejection percentage and the thickness. All brands have high and low IRR so dont go for brand but specifications. I did mine for less than RM 1K - 90% IRR and 6 millimeters thickness (safety).

Bro, from my understanding, its not IRR per se but TSER or total solar energy reduction, which is the key heat rejection property. Most good tints like vkool, llumar or 3m offer more than 97% IRR but their TSER is between 50-60%. Many cheapo brands also claim IRR >90% but your butt still gets fried, which means their TSER rating is indeed very low.

Having used vkool all this while, I must say I am very happy with 3m crystalline series. I feel its much better than vkool in heat rejection. There's an unbeatable deal going on now with high-end 3m crystalline plus security tint, laminate film for headlights, inside door handles and door edges for only 2k, refer to this posting http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?54485-Super-Deal-for-3M-Crystalline-tinting

Simon_T72;830444 said:
Bro Terry8, Whats the company name for world car? Can they do glass coat too? Any contact number?
http://www.coolworld.com.my/
All their outlets listed in their website. I dont think they do glass coat. Remember to press for below 1k if possible (for Rhinepro XD5).Rhinepro XD7 better but more expensive. You can check out these products on their website.Tell them to be careful with the covering of your door pillars

kuntakinte;830521 said:
Bro, from my understanding, its not IRR per se but TSER or total solar energy reduction, which is the key heat rejection property. Most good tints like vkool, llumar or 3m offer more than 97% IRR but their TSER is between 50-60%. Many cheapo brands also claim IRR >90% but your butt still gets fried, which means their TSER rating is indeed very low.

Having used vkool all this while, I must say I am very happy with 3m crystalline series. I feel its much better than vkool in heat rejection. There's an unbeatable deal going on now with high-end 3m crystalline plus security tint, laminate film for headlights, inside door handles and door edges for only 2k, refer to this posting http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?54485-Super-Deal-for-3M-Crystalline-tinting

Heat comes from the infrared spectrum of light.

terry8;830649 said:
http://www.coolworld.com.my/
All their outlets listed in their website. I dont think they do glass coat. Remember to press for below 1k if possible (for Rhinepro XD5).Rhinepro XD7 better but more expensive. You can check out these products on their website.Tell them to be careful with the covering of your door pillars

Bro which part is the door pillar? Sorry a bit blur in the morning..door pillar pun tatau..

Simon_T72;830772 said:
Bro which part is the door pillar? Sorry a bit blur in the morning..door pillar pun tatau..

Sorry I didn't articulate properly. Keep an eye on your interior upholstery near the door and the windscreen to make sure everything is ok

Top Bottom