Topping up engine oil on 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Oh crap I jst bought a 1 lit bottle from Ingress at RM98 to top myself.

bmFIVE;430720 said:
BMWM has changed their policy : topping up of engine oil is now covered under BSRI.

Bro, may I know where is this reflected? in BMW website? Or does it apply to those purchasing cars from June 2009 onwards only?

MSport;430729 said:
Bro, may I know where is this reflected? in BMW website? Or does it apply to those purchasing cars from June 2009 onwards only?

I sent my car to IA last Sat to top up engine oil, when I asked the SA for bill, he told me about the change of policy. My car is 2006 model, so I reckon it applies to all cars covered under BSRI.

Actually this has been in practice these while as I have never paid a single cent for topping up oil at amy of the service centre (I mean during the 60,000 kms or two years BSRI period).

David Yong;430736 said:
Actually this has been in practice these while as I have never paid a single cent for topping up oil at amy of the service centre (I mean during the 60,000 kms or two years BSRI period).

Really? Then we should all ask for refund for all those topping up charges which we had paid!

if u send ur car for service, then oil is free
but if u purposely dribe ur car when the indicator shows, then need to pay.
that why i ended up having Torco Oil

bmFIVE;430743 said:
Really? Then we should all ask for refund for all those topping up charges which we had paid!

Haha.... actually the trick is you must look for the same service advisor whenever you drive in to top up oil and it must be so frequent of topping up oil until that fella also pity you..... just like my case... for those who know my case :listen:

guys and gals...what is your service interval for your N52 engine? seems like most of you kena top-up oil frequently...still sticking to 25k km interval ka? better don't afta what i saw at the workshop when they open up the engine...

so far my N52 reached its 110k km mileage liau with 10k km service interval and no need to top-up and summore i am using 0w-30 oil...afta 8k km the indicator only drop one bar...

12k or 6 months, whichever comes first. So it's 1 BSRI, 1 own-cost per year. Just did my own-cost change at RM700+. Top-up not needed so far, but I agree with DY - if you get to know the SA and refrain from being a nasty customer, he'll probably top-up for you FOC ;)

My virgin oil change service indicator finally lits up after 23k km, 18 months after rolling out of showroom!! Yey!!!

Now pulak no time to send it for service.. :(

Sorry astroboy, I am confused. You have never had to change your oil so far ??
What about the 10k service ?

His is a 320i which doesn't come with a 10k BSRI and he's posted 10,000 words bitching about it. :p But he changes the oil himself (and will for you too, for a 6-pack of beer) :)

my 320i (2008 model) oil indicator did drop to about mid bar @ around the 10k mark

errrr... guys....

how do we know if the oil sensor is faulty or inaccurate? is there a diagnostic program or test?

i changed my oil at 5k (my own cost) then bsri at 10k. then 15k (my own cost) and now coming to 20k bsri. from my research, new engine should have one early 5k oil change to get rid of the initial metal residue.

Bro, changing fully synth oil at 5k intervals is wasteful. It can actually last for 25k or 12 months, although I change at 1/2 that interval.

How come your BSRI is at 20k after having a 10k BSRI? It should be at 30-35k depending on the condition of your car. :confused:

Schwepps;431144 said:
His is a 320i which doesn't come with a 10k BSRI and he's posted 10,000 words bitching about it. :p But he changes the oil himself (and will for you too, for a 6-pack of beer) :)

Hehe.. its not "words" bitching about it... but symbols as such *&^%$#@!!

Finally dropped in my 320i at Ingress this morning for its 1st BSRI service, 18 months after rolling out of showroom and 23k km on the odo. FOB plugged into the SC reader and printed out a list of things to do... which include brake fluid, and microfilter change. However, SA told me they only change the microfilter at the 2nd service because the microfilter change indicator are defaulted to lit up on every service.. They say I listen lor.. after all I'm not suffering from weak air flow in the aircond vent (I think DY would have insisted by revealing his biceps a bit :p). But I will definitely get it replaced before BSRI ends. :D

Front brake rotor still 15k km to go while the rear rotor still 47k km to go !! :eek:

By the way, the 4L (0.25L short) Torco 5w-30 I poured in during the 13k km oil change,finally triggered the oil top up warning (intermittent) 2 weeks back.. :p ... we continued to use the car for short distance.. after all, service indicator has already lighted. Which mean my 4-potter suffer from oil loss too from 0.25L short to 1L short after 10k km traveled.. :eek:

Can't wait to collect her from the SC later.. started to miss her lio.. :love:

Oh my gawd, not even half day gone and you are already missing her... this owner really treating her with TLC....:love:

astroboy;432009 said:
Can't wait to collect her from the SC later.. started to miss her lio.. :love:

I just called Ingress and it seems that the new policy during BSRI is free top ups for oil and oil change intervals are now at 20K. How come BMW/SA never announce stuff like this? This is very poor comms on their side. :(

astroboy;432009 said:
Front brake rotor still 15k km to go while the rear rotor still 47k km to go !! :eek:

Can't wait to collect her from the SC later.. started to miss her lio..

You miss your better half when she goes to the spa or saloon for a few hours too, right astro? :rolleyes:

You're lucky you'll get your brake consumables changed under BSRI then. Mine is strange: 80k more for front and 49k more for rear. Coupled with only 1mm wear on my front tyres, I don't understand it. My odo is 24k already and I use the brakes like everyone else, although maybe slightly less. This is not a 911 which wears the rear brakes and tyres more due to the rear-mounted engine. Do you guys think I have a brakewear sensor fault? :confused:

Top Bottom