Topping up engine oil on 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;424020 said:
By the way, my friend's E60 525i still stuck in Sapura (more than 2 weeks lio..), warranty just over with near 60k mileage, only one BSRI service done as advice by OBC. Sludge too serious and flushing can't help. Need to buka engine!

WTF??!! Looks like your friend is entitled to a NEW ENGINE.

astroboy;424020 said:
And when I talk to SC, they say if OBC no oil change advice, BMW Malaysia will deny their oil change claim under BSRI.
p

The BOTH of them should get their act together instead of passing the buck to each other la..

BSRI is crap! Thinking you can put all your service bill onto BSRI is just asking for trouble.

They should just call it subsidised maintenance where intermediate maintenance owner should bear to ensure a sludge free engine. Seriously, I do not know what the Germans are trying to proof by pushing oil change to above 25k km, OBC oil change alarm only set to trigger at 30k+ km. Maybe they thought they can sell you a new BMW every 3 years.. :eek:

Slightly off-topic.....

Last Friday, a higher than normal roadhump grazed my undercarriage and the next thing I knew was my car's engine sounded funny and loss of power when accelerating. Without further dela, I brought it to Ingress. Mr. Liew was very helpful and reassuring. Upon hoisting my car up, he found that my exhaust bracket is a little out of place. He fixed that and did a system diagnostic test. He resetted the DME and EGS. Weird that the small bump could affect that.

When I got back the car, the drive was normal again. Thanks for Mr. Liew and well done Ingress for having such a good staff.:top:

P.S BTW, it was FOC.:love:

Yeah, I sent my car into Ingress for the DSC recode after the BMW Performance Brake install. It was F.O.C. as well. Great professionalism and customer svc by Ingress which I can't imagine AB giving.

btw, they washed and vacumn my car as well. Had coffee and cake while waiting. That is what BMW ownership should be all about :)

Good for you guys.. I have yet to experience the same.. :( Maybe I should deal with the En. Rabian personally, which I think you guys did.. :rolleyes:

astroboy;424353 said:
Good for you guys.. I have yet to experience the same.. :( Maybe I should deal with the En. Rabian personally, which I think you guys did.. :rolleyes:

No la, I deal with the SA directly for all my service requirements. I don't bother Rabian but sometimes I do bump into him while I am there and we chit chat a little. I also deal with Liew. He's really great.

Yah, Liew sent me home once when I did my steering lock claim last time. Ok la.. :D

I was there checking out the LCI last weekend for the Supper@BMW, saw Kevster there. So many added accessories on the 4-potter which is absent in mine.. :(

Anyway.. of topic lio.. :p

better dont go so high up ...
i remember my first time.. i complain complain ... i guess blacke90 n astroboy u were there too ma.. for the e90 class.
then A**** does not service my car dy.. change to Liew. i think A**** kena from the top management.

schwepps..the long rubber piece came out from the boot/truck area. not sure is it heat that cause it.

My long rubber piece also keeps coming out! :) (At the bottom of the rear windscreen) I just stick it back in... ;) Yeah maybe too hot liao... :p

Small matter la Rachel. Ask them to fix it for good or replace it.

racheltoh;424364 said:

...the long rubber piece came out from the boot/truck area. not sure is it heat that cause it.

Wah! How come like that? Only 2 rubber piece I can think of, either the trim under the rear window or the boot seal. Both also very unlikely to cabut wan.. unless accident car, then the trim under the rear window very easy to peel.

huh? boot seal?
now i m *sweating* my car involved in accident before?

Anyway, i m referring to this piece. once u open the boot, u see a long rubber..as pointed

Image120.jpg

Seen this piece peel off before also affecting front windscreens (on top area near the roof) on the E90 (another member's car). Its a known issue with the E90 which affects some cars (CKD and CBU) and likely heat/sun related. Get it replaced underwarranty ;)

Sorry Rachel, I am pretty sensitive over such things.. but I might be wrong.

I also saw before but that was a confirm 2005 Silver E90 320i accident car, which I placed booking and got my refund.. *~phew..

Is the strip clipped on or glued?

Same thing happens on mine Rachel, and mine is not an accident car for sure - it had 2 km on the clock when I took delivery. Each time it slips off, I just push it back on. Doesn't bother me much, but I WILL bring it up during my next service.

It's just a slip on rubber sleeve, astro. No glue or clips.

t2ribena;424933 said:
its like that one...on my car also same...easily come out...just align it back...

It only happen when you crossed 240kph, that's why our 4-potters are spared.. :wink:

Hi all E90 owners,

What's the latest development of the E90's engine oil consumption?

Thanks guys. BTW i've joined this forum a few years ago but only now i have the means to buy a udm :)

TQ.

racheltoh;424816 said:
Anyway, i m referring to this piece. once u open the boot, u see a long rubber..as pointed

Image120.jpg

Rachel, I did an oil change service and complained about my long rubber piece that keeps slipping out. Apparently it should have 3 clips in it that must have dropped out. Happens often it seems. They put in new clips and slipped my long rubber piece back into place for me. :)

BMWM has changed their policy : topping up of engine oil is now covered under BSRI.

Top Bottom