SMG Share thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
B33mEr;626381 said:
Any SMG owners going to BMWCM official TT this friday at sunway borneo???

Wish i cud go bro, but going for to kuantan.. perhaps some other time bro?

clavenk;626452 said:
yaya, im staying in serdang, ya ya we can go for yamchar in paparich or mcd, or kfc also can. ahhaa. let's set a date to meet up, but not so soon la, after this week. planning to go change rim saturday.

Definetly bro, PM me when ur free..

just got my ride few days ago,.. overall verdict, fantastico!!! a few questions cum observations though:

- the steering feels just a wee bit heavy and tight, not too sure if this is common for an M-sport. curious to meet other smg users and compare if the ride feels the same.

- "C" gear shift mode takes a bit of getting used to. once you've assimilated yrself with the gearshift, it's all good.

- reverse gear and the low gears (esp in the heavy traffic) feel a bit rough, is this common? i.e. getting the car moving from a static position is not all that smooth.

afaz, congrats on ur new machine

steering, check for any visible leaks power steering hoses..

C will bore you in no time, the car is almost driving own its own, especially throttle feel when gear changing..

bit rough, u mean like slight judder? yup moving from static is not all that smooth.. dont be shy, just give it more throtttle

any issues at cold start? pronounced judder?

enjoy ;)

hello, i got new problem. battery light, abs and handbrake come out for a while then gone. but before the light came out. i encounter cannot start for once. and jump started it. duno is it really because battery died. Anyone facing this before?

by the way change new rim and tyre. steering vibrate all gone. but tested until 160 only.. i think my long shaft should be fine edi.

SMGians,
Do you all knew anyone who own 325i SMG year 2003 August,yellow with 18" rims? If yes, just wanna ask for an opinion about this car.

sachseelan;627428 said:
afaz, congrats on ur new machine

steering, check for any visible leaks power steering hoses..

C will bore you in no time, the car is almost driving own its own, especially throttle feel when gear changing..

bit rough, u mean like slight judder? yup moving from static is not all that smooth.. dont be shy, just give it more throtttle

any issues at cold start? pronounced judder?

enjoy ;)

thanks, so far so good no issue at cold start, n can engage R gear right away no prob. slight judder at 2nd gear for the first 500m, thereafter all good. reverse gear feels real heavy tho, is this common?

been running on ron97 for past few weeks since i got the car but changed to primax95xtra since yesterday after reading the other thread. hopefully it'll not adversely affect the engine. just a question, is it advisable to be on 'Sport' mode all the time as the gearshift is a lot faster understand at 250ms than normal mode at 400ms (hate that too long free throttle like u sed). any long term effect to the transmission if i do so?

afazlee;630810 said:
thanks, so far so good no issue at cold start, n can engage R gear right away no prob. slight judder at 2nd gear for the first 500m, thereafter all good. reverse gear feels real heavy tho, is this common?

been running on ron97 for past few weeks since i got the car but changed to primax95xtra since yesterday after reading the other thread. hopefully it'll not adversely affect the engine. just a question, is it advisable to be on 'Sport' mode all the time as the gearshift is a lot faster understand at 250ms than normal mode at 400ms (hate that too long free throttle like u sed). any long term effect to the transmission if i do so?

I on sport all the time. cannot take it when is not sport mode. really engage damn slow.

afazlee;630810 said:
I would say its common but not normal, we are all still in the midst of finding out ... ? Take off is surely heavier than a normal autobox, simply bcoz of itys manual characteristics.

Yes Sports mode is faster, same goes for for ur GB, die faster, but then again who cares, whack only! hehe :eek: if you can, go for the best fuel available ;) i have actually stopped reading on fuel comparisons, too much mixed up comments. petrol still cheap. Jalan Dungun Shell got Vpower Racing :)

Let's share your car suspension!
i start first:
1) claven - koni adjustable soft hard front, koni rear + eibach spring.

sachseelan;630894 said:
Oh... why our forum smiley all very ugly cacat ?

:) ;)

Hahaha ... thank god i'm not the only one that's noticing it ... The forum admins should revert back to the previous smileys

any SMG owner going to TT session this week, i most prolly be at the PJ one, at ss19 paparich.

it be my 1st TT with other forumer, well, 2nd counting the brief tt during the collection of scanner from jarance :p. lemme know, be good to meet other SMGians, tap their brains (im a noob lots to learn) and also see their rides.

clavenk;630958 said:
Let's share your car suspension!
i start first:
1) claven - koni adjustable soft hard front, koni rear + eibach spring.

2) Still Stock - not yet start playing ;)

After solving everything no more light blink, now green oil leaking. bring back to BM World. After check mr wai said, not actuator, but the oil warmit from the expansion tank. He suspect something wrong with the SMG pump or the air pressure tank. endless problem. Haih...

afazlee;631420 said:
any SMG owner going to TT session this week, i most prolly be at the PJ one, at ss19 paparich.

it be my 1st TT with other forumer, well, 2nd counting the brief tt during the collection of scanner from jarance :p. lemme know, be good to meet other SMGians, tap their brains (im a noob lots to learn) and also see their rides.

I'll be going to this week tt session at papa rich ... wat time you're going bro?

clavenk;631525 said:
After solving everything no more light blink, now green oil leaking. bring back to BM World. After check mr wai said, not actuator, but the oil warmit from the expansion tank. He suspect something wrong with the SMG pump or the air pressure tank. endless problem. Haih...

Come join tt this friday at papa rich bro ... so it's still leaking but it's not from the actuator then?

B33mEr;631569 said:
I'll be going to this week tt session at papa rich ... wat time you're going bro?

Come join tt this friday at papa rich bro ... so it's still leaking but it's not from the actuator then?

Friday ss19 paparich? Will try to make it.
Yes B33mer, is still leaking but is not from the actuator, is from the expansion tank that we usually pour the CHF11s(The lime colour oil) in. Mr wai said something like pressure causing the actuator cannot take it and the oil go backward to expansion tank, causing the expansion tank flooded and leak out. Now i think even since i drive the car a while the oil will leak bit by bit. I think quite bad. I wont be fixing the until i come back from UK. Very much out of budget edi. DYing!!!

Top Bottom