SMG Share thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Besides gearbox oil & differential oil .. is there such thing as SMG fluid oil for the SMG hydraulic itself ? Thanks for sharing :)

clavenk;669707 said:
die, dsc control unit failure.

What happen bro? What was the error code?

guyfriendx;670051 said:
Besides gearbox oil & differential oil .. is there such thing as SMG fluid oil for the SMG hydraulic itself ? Thanks for sharing :)

yes there is ... Our SMG uses Pentosin CHF 11s

82.11.0.148.132.jpg

B33mEr;670112 said:
What happen bro? What was the error code?

scaned, got this "Internal fault" for brake module. M speed said is because of dsc control unit die. I got 3 light in dash, handbrake, dsc and abs light up. and my remaining milleage indicator go haywire, fuel indicator also. beside my sport mode cannot enable.

another light coming out yesterday night, code 228, fuel trim bank 2, permision range exceeded. i got no idea what the heck is this. googled it some say pre /post cat o2 sensor, some say maf, some say throttle or something. but i got 1 very obvious symptom. the rpm is fluctuating badly.

How many litre of oil does a SMG gearbox consume ? Is it 2 litre ? I bought a 5 litre bottle @ 600 .. please help to confirm .. thanks ..
From what i read changing the SMG hydraulic fluid needs special tool to bleed the air out of the system ? For those who have experience, how is it done ? Does the shop do full flush .. or just partial change of the fluid using suction from the resevoir tank ?

guyfriendx;670457 said:
How many litre of oil does a SMG gearbox consume ? Is it 2 litre ? I bought a 5 litre bottle @ 600 .. please help to confirm .. thanks ..
From what i read changing the SMG hydraulic fluid needs special tool to bleed the air out of the system ? For those who have experience, how is it done ? Does the shop do full flush .. or just partial change of the fluid using suction from the resevoir tank ?

-.-"" 5 liter bottle? the smg hydralic oil you need roughly 2 liter only. And i think you bought the wrong oil, cause i dun think the pentosin available in 5 liter bottle. I think you are talking bout manual gear oil from BMW. Actually you can buy red line 2 liter, should be enough. and only rm 65 per bottle.

guyfriendx;670457 said:

Bro ... the answer in on page 5 of this thread lerr. Please take the time to read the entire thread which contains almost all information relating to SMG. A lot of us update this thread as and when we find new information. It's a good read for SMG owners! So please read the entire thread :top:

Anyway i think what you bought is MTF LT2 and it is for our gearbox and NOT for our SMG hydraulic system. Our gearbox uses about 2 litres only, the balance either you can keep it or sell it to other SMG owners. Again as i mentioned for our SMG hydraulic system we use Pentosin CHF-11s and yes you need to bleed the system using BMW GT1 diagnostic or Autologic diagnostic tools after replacing the hydraulic fluid.

Bro beemer .. chill bro ... i'm only asking for more details .. i know it is MTF LT2 and i've already bought it .. what i wanted to know how much the gearbox consume .. in case 5 liter is not sufficient ..and yes i understand the first time u mention about the pentosin for the SMG hydraulic which i've already bought along with the gearbox oil. I wanted to know roughly the process since i've also read somewhere it requires GT1 to bleed. Seems like i'm on the right track. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. If you are kind enough how much roughly is the labour cost to change the SMG fluid ?

Note:
MTF LT2 - RM600
Pentosin - RM55

For those SMG owners who wish to change ur gearbox oil and want to share my 5 liter oil .. can contact me. we can split 50-50.

guyfriendx;670634 said:
Bro beemer .. chill bro ... i'm only asking for more details .. i know it is MTF LT2 and i've already bought it .. what i wanted to know how much the gearbox consume .. in case 5 liter is not sufficient ..and yes i understand the first time u mention about the pentosin for the SMG hydraulic which i've already bought along with the gearbox oil. I wanted to know roughly the process since i've also read somewhere it requires GT1 to bleed. Seems like i'm on the right track. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. If you are kind enough how much roughly is the labour cost to change the SMG fluid ?

Note:
MTF LT2 - RM600
Pentosin - RM155

For those SMG owners who wish to change ur gearbox oil and want to share my 5 liter oil .. can contact me. we can split 50-50.

I think you're missing the point ... i urge you to read simply because the information that you need is already covered in this thread, no hard feelings yah! Also the price for the Pentosin is pretty expensive is it 1 bottle or 2 bottles that you bought? where did you bought it? As for labour price it varies so i can't answer it definitively.

yes .. i miss some of the information back there .. biasalah .. dalam forum .. tarak heartfeeling punya .. biasa saje.
flush the gearbox oil and put in around 1.6 - 1.8 liter liter.
SMG fluid only top up. before top up, the fluid leveled at less than half .. now at max level.
The price for Pentosin is RM55 and not RM155.
change the gearbox oil + top up SMG hydraulic fluid = RM20.
Done near my house only. Everything looks ok :)
Hope that helps for future reference.

Introduced myself in newbie section....

not yet a beemer but currently hunting for one, e46 325...reading thru all posts here, u guys made it looks like the SMG is not a real headache...

THANKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redhybrid;670840 said:
Introduced myself in newbie section....

not yet a beemer but currently hunting for one, e46 325...reading thru all posts here, u guys made it looks like the SMG is not a real headache...

THANKSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not for the faint hearted bro though it is very rewarding to drive an SMG car

went to a used car and test drive 2003 325 SMG. No problem shift but but i guess its not normal if there is "THUD" sound during gear shift?

B33mer, can you help me?

the thud sound is sub frame bush/mounting wear. i having that now..

in total the subframe got 7 bush. mostly wear the diff rear mounting. rm280 to change that.

Top Bottom