SMG Share thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
clavenk;631585 said:
Friday ss19 paparich? Will try to make it.
Yes B33mer, is still leaking but is not from the actuator, is from the expansion tank that we usually pour the CHF11s(The lime colour oil) in. Mr wai said something like pressure causing the actuator cannot take it and the oil go backward to expansion tank, causing the expansion tank flooded and leak out. Now i think even since i drive the car a while the oil will leak bit by bit. I think quite bad. I wont be fixing the until i come back from UK. Very much out of budget edi. DYing!!!

Hmmm ... that's pretty strange actually i'll ask him about your car when i'm at his workshop ... i oso need to check my actuator health ... 1 month warranty almost over :4:

clavenk;631587 said:
By the way what time is the TT ?

The TT starts at 9.30 ... i'll be there around dat time

B33mEr;631590 said:
Hmmm ... that's pretty strange actually i'll ask him about your car when i'm at his workshop ... i oso need to check my actuator health ... 1 month warranty almost over :4:

The TT starts at 9.30 ... i'll be there around dat time

THanks thanks... ang
By the way i dunno where is the paparich leh? can give exact address? i think i will sesat. sorry im not familiar with subang. I only know how to go to subang parade or sunway piramid

Something to share,
I just change my windscreen.
Local windscreen price RM 900, Original rubber RM250. total RM 1150 (No extra labor charge).
Original windscreen RM 1950 + original rubber.
If you guys having insurance for windscreen, let say you are insured RM 1500. You can request to get back the extra money. But You might not get exact amount from the claim, cause they want to earn more.
In my case, i insure RM 1.5k, i took local windscreen RM 1150. I get back roughly Rm 200-300. But they will only give me back after the claim done. About 1 month +.

clavenk;631602 said:
THanks thanks... ang
By the way i dunno where is the paparich leh? can give exact address? i think i will sesat. sorry im not familiar with subang. I only know how to go to subang parade or sunway piramid

papa rich seksyen 19, petaling jaya opposite the UMW Toyota Showroom ... NOT subang jaya :4:

B33mEr;631569 said:
I'll be going to this week tt session at papa rich ... wat time you're going bro?

Oraitey, c u thr then, i be thr about 9ish, my ride can't wait to meet his handsome twin :top:

Will try to be there to meet up with you SMG-ians

1. afazlee
2. b33m3r
3. clavenk
4. midship

Had an issue with my SMG yesterday whe I left it idling for about 15 mins as I popped into the bank and left my missus waiting in the car. When I got back and subsequently drive away, the gear engaged but it was as if the clutch has nearly finished and felt as if slipping. RPM was unusually higher to move the car off in 1st gear. But the problem disappeared when I decided to restart it.

Any comments?

clutch panas?

i had a similar situation, like sticky clutch.... but in my case, i was forcing a standstill via throttle, 1st gear on a hill ... sampai berasap, it was back to normal after driving off ...

So i orderd the repair kit through a local shop here in M'sia using the parts number provided by another forumer (LRS) on bimmerfest.

Photo0017.jpg

The piston for the clutch slave cylinder (the rubber seal on the piston is what we want)
Photo0022.jpg

different angle on the piston
Photo0023.jpg

In comparison with the SMG
IMAG0157.jpg

The rubber thingy (dunno what it's called) repair kit rubber is on the left while one came with the SMG is on the right
IMAG0156.jpg

Still thinking on how to take the O-Ring out from the piston lol ... Hopefully this one forummer in the UK will be making a repair kit for SSG owners since he has found a suitable O-Ring size for the actuator. Hopefully should be cheaper.

clavenk;632346 said:
Anyone know where i can buy the pentosin CHF11S? our SMG fluid.

Bomin Auto - CHF11s RM65, Febi alternative RM50 if i'm not mistaken

some extra detail where we can get something similar.
QuickSave is selling this:

Hayden Ultra Cool will protect your auto transmission gear from over heating and prolong service life.

Hayden Tube & Fin transmission cooler kits
•Every Hayden cooler is pressure tested to 300 PSI!
•Specially designed turbulators in every tube improve heat transfer up to 3 times more than bare tube coolers.
•For use with 5/16 transmission cooler lines.
•Includes standard installation kit: Cooler, hose, fitting (5/16") and hardware, quick connect nylon straps for easy mounting and installation instructions.

For a limited time , we are offering the Hayden Ultra Cool for as low as RM350.00 inclusive of installation. Call 03 56360917.

FREE Shipping for outstation order

midship;640973 said:
Had an issue with my SMG yesterday whe I left it idling for about 15 mins as I popped into the bank and left my missus waiting in the car. When I got back and subsequently drive away, the gear engaged but it was as if the clutch has nearly finished and felt as if slipping. RPM was unusually higher to move the car off in 1st gear. But the problem disappeared when I decided to restart it.

Any comments?

YEah having this too.....

any advice???

thanks.

Top Bottom