Enter sports mode by pulling both paddle shifter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
XXX;748293 said:
wah! all the jargons used gave me a headache..anyway sorry to interrupt ur discussions...looking at how u guys are going abt this..I think my query would be only a small matter to u guys...if my car does not come with pedal shifters and I managed to fit a steering with pedal shifters, anyway of making it work? I mean as to wire it so that I can use the pedal shifters to change gears...i dont need it to be so complicated as to wht u all are discussing now, just as long as get to upshift and downshift is already nirvana for me. ThnXXX in advance.

XXX, another important part in the paddle shift steering is the slip ring. This will provide stationary connection point behind the turning steering. If the connection point is available then it is possible to get the paddles to work. Hope this makes sense..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc6VSx_wEQo

Thanxxx for the reply. Ok, let's say I have the slip ring, only thing I don't have now are connection points to the transmission as this model does not have it (btw mine is a 1998, E39) it is still possible to DIY to wire it up for it to work ?

XXX;748322 said:
Thanxxx for the reply. Ok, let's say I have the slip ring, only thing I don't have now are connection points to the transmission as this model does not have it (btw mine is a 1998, E39) it is still possible to DIY to wire it up for it to work ?

XXX, once you have the slip ring and given your car is a steptronic, which I assume all E39 is. Yes wiring it up is possible. You can either get the original harness or make your own. In the mean time let's wait for Haywire to chime in.

....thnxxx aidil...great info for a not very bright person when comes to things like this but gave me a better understanding of how things work....ok now to go look for a steering...where is one when u want one?

Bro XXX, do get in touch with bmw7833 about this since he has done extensive research to mount the paddle shift steering onto his car. Calling for Bro Lim..

No la bro, paiseh ler..XXX did a greater job than me in the steering conversion.

bmw7833;748515 said:
No la bro, paiseh ler..XXX did a greater job than me in the steering conversion.

Owh Bro XXX is the one then.. :adore:

Duh!? What's this worshipping the devil all abt?...:eek:

XXX;748293 said:
wah! all the jargons used gave me a headache..anyway sorry to interrupt ur discussions...looking at how u guys are going abt this..I think my query would be only a small matter to u guys...if my car does not come with pedal shifters and I managed to fit a steering with pedal shifters, anyway of making it work? I mean as to wire it so that I can use the pedal shifters to change gears...i dont need it to be so complicated as to wht u all are discussing now, just as long as get to upshift and downshift is already nirvana for me. ThnXXX in advance.

Easy bro...once you have the correct steering and the slip ring, the rest is kacang putih already.

Run the two wires from the extra two pins in the slip ring, to the middle two wires in the 4-wire connector in the transmission.

Either you create a harness with the connector, or easily splice the middle two wires....

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?33080-BMW-E39-530i-M-Sport-Individual-Aegean-Blue-Edition-2003&p=500278&viewfull=1#post500278

5618486511_748db67d0c_b.jpg

Haiya...last time it was like an impossible thing to do but now when there is no more steering for sale it becomes so easy...aaarrrggghhhh!!!...

XXX;748678 said:
Haiya...last time it was like an impossible thing to do but now when there is no more steering for sale it becomes so easy...aaarrrggghhhh!!!...

you're in luck. i got i set complete with the slipring. going to sell it cheap. you want???

helllooooo Mr. Riken ....where are youuuuuuuuuuuu????

XXX;749027 said:
helllooooo Mr. Riken ....where are youuuuuuuuuuuu????

Sorry bro, was busy the whole day but shortly after my posting yesterday, bro bimmerholic pmed me about it.
will reserve the wheel to him first and will let you know if it didn't go.

riken;749145 said:
Sorry bro, was busy the whole day but shortly after my posting yesterday, bro bimmerholic pmed me about it.

Can we know how cheap is your price?

riken;749145 said:

huh? but....

Top Bottom