SMG Share thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
price really depends on condition of car bro .. but i realise smg is a tad bit higher in price .. 2 years ago i paid over a hundred k for 02/05 car but it was in mint cond ...

anyway, if you can ketuk the price sumore good for u lo ... which i think u can if u r buying it from a dealer ....

however, there was a nice 325 smg for sale here by forummer Midship ... higher asking price but its all worth it, branded performance upgrades..

Thanks a lot infinityKL,

can't afford on that price (midship). Still stick to my current approach. Hopefully not so much trouble when recvd this lovely SMG. Especially with the g/box.

redhybrid;761914 said:
hopefully the pentosin didnt splash the clutch plate as it did mine, badly enough for a new clutch set.

good luck bro. dont worry much. im going to visit bm world this friday to check the repair actuator. been told that they need ro do some resurfacing before they put it in new seal. afraid that it would leak again.

so far so good, done 1000km back KL-kelate-kl last weekend...ohhh...i love the 3rd gear..

bro, what's the damage for the repaired actuator? do they still have the seal/repair kit? i need to get mine done as well. just found out about the leak when jacked up the car this morning. to all smg fellas, i think the symptoms are quite similar, first i experienced the difficulty in engaging reverse gear in the morning, then the leak. yes the leak sipped through and visible at the bottom of the gearbox (sorry I should have taken the pic this morning). judging by the way it sipped through i believe if not addressed soon the leaked pentosin may cause a more serious problem to the clutch.

afazlee;768300 said:
bro, what's the damage for the repaired actuator? do they still have the seal/repair kit? i need to get mine done as well. just found out about the leak when jacked up the car this morning. to all smg fellas, i think the symptoms are quite similar, first i experienced the difficulty in engaging reverse gear in the morning, then the leak. yes the leak sipped through and visible at the bottom of the gearbox (sorry I should have taken the pic this morning). judging by the way it sipped through i believe if not addressed soon the leaked pentosin may cause a more serious problem to the clutch.

you better do it soonest..pentosin will hurt the clutch. if it was not because of the pentosin splash inside the bell housing, the clutch would be ok.

they always have the o ring...mine cost rm850. done at bmworld. but advise from taiko there, it really depends on the the internal wall of the actuator cylinder that house the piston. if it is badly scratch, he will recommend you to change new anyway.

if it has to be new, as bro beemer and infinityklmadvise, get it done at AB, warranty in place.

finally, got my car, tried the both modes(cruise and manual). after 2,3 attemps, started like the manual more...!! but will use cruise during driving in trafic jam.(lazy to shift the gear/xpandai lagi sbnarnya...hahaha...) still learning on how to release/press back the pedal and the gear as smooth closed to normal auto. and found out more understanding in this forum discussion after you driving it. still worry the result of the full inspection (wearnes autohaus). hopefully no major repair needed (of coz, the concern more on budget) as they told me, the earliest inspection can finish is by 4.00pm. and I'm planning to going back to my hometown(my sister wedding) by tomorrow everning.

Hey Nakabu, good to hear you got yourself an SMG. Your description of the car sounds very familiar. Did you get it from one of the dealers in Jalan Cheras, Kajang?

nakabu;767635 said:
Hi All,

Booked 325i SMG CKD, 03', m/age 88k, price 75k w/out insurance. It's that reasonable price? I'm new with UDM but admire since my childhood. I'm also don't know much about SMG. H/ever after read this forum about 2/3 months, I get some info/tips and still learn/study on this SMG.

-nakabu-

You will love this.. nothing compared SMG then auto!

Learn to drive it.. and you'll love it!

thaks satellite,

yeh...Luv..the SMG, h/ever my kids used to auto tranny, and they ask me"why the car dancing? drive carefully ayah..." hahaha...don't know what to reply back...

nakabu;771742 said:
thaks satellite,

yeh...Luv..the SMG, h/ever my kids used to auto tranny, and they ask me"why the car dancing? drive carefully ayah..." hahaha...don't know what to reply back...

Hahaha.. your kids are funny... tell them the car is not dancing.. jogek.. :) But when you drive SMG, you have the tendency to rev it higher..

Since you got it recently, it will take awhile until you are really really used to it.. I find using the gear knob shifts faster then the paddle shift..

agreed,

and sometimes I rev a bit low, and the gear suddently engaged. My wifey said "are you sure the car is ok?" hehehe...I said, I'm still learning, please don't expect you will get smooth as normal auto.

hehehe...got that once from my dad...."beli kheto mahal2...masuk gear sseduk", ignored... cause hard to explain technically why.

zzzzzzz....

infinityKL;768407 said:
Sadly, occasionally I still get the No Reverse in the morning or cold starts *#@$

bro, try bm world, mine is fixed (so i hope). so far so good now the reverse gear engaged at first attempt during cold start/morning. the guy said he reset the program/sensor (didn't really get the exact words) but it sounds like a simple solution. although i must qualify that i've had a few parts replaced, including clutch kit, long shaft coupling, bushings, etc plus changed the gearbox oil, so the new parts might have fixed mine. now the gear shift is much smoother, very very happy.

afazlee;772234 said:
bro, try bm world, mine is fixed (so i hope). so far so good now the reverse gear engaged at first attempt during cold start/morning. the guy said he reset the program/sensor (didn't really get the exact words) but it sounds like a simple solution. although i must qualify that i've had a few parts replaced, including clutch kit, long shaft coupling, bushings, etc plus changed the gearbox oil, so the new parts might have fixed mine. now the gear shift is much smoother, very very happy.

Glad it sorted out your problem :top: Bro can share the cost by BM World for the work done?

B33mEr;772242 said:
Glad it sorted out your problem :top: Bro can share the cost by BM World for the work done?

repair kit for actuator, rm850, recond clutch kit rm950, plus a host of other small parts coupling, bushings, gasket, gearbox oil, rm4k plus.. not the cheapest around :2: . but what to do, i don't know who else could repair the pump actuator. a brand new clutch kit would cost a bomb, in excess of rm2k, the 325 clutch will not fit our 330 smg that's for sure, the 325 clutch kit is about rm1700 a piece.

afazlee;772234 said:

Fazlee, great you got it all patch up! Long time no see bro.. TT soon ya.. My wedding convoy and bachelor party how? Derrick

I already got my SMG for almost 4 weeks. Since day one learning the tranny behavior and the engine. Lately, found out that "wing..." sound is a bit shorter than usual when we unlock/open the alarm/door. h/ever this happen intermittently. One more to highlight, during engine running(during short parking), I heard short "wing.." sound, it's that normal?

Top Bottom