SMG Share thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
swansonsz;756489 said:

Car looks to be in pristine condition, ask whether if the owner kept the original side mirror. There is no bi-xenon just standard headlights can ask for further discounts :4:

I'm not sure about workshops in Kajang but Optimum from what i've read has been given positive reviews so far from forummers.

See the car, chat with the owner, ask for maintenance record kalau ada, if the owner agrees take it to optimum for check ups if not go back home and do some research on bmw workshops in Kajang. The most important thing is to take your time :4:

Happy hunting :top:

dato beemer...

wondering whether or not the group buy for braided hose with banjo clamp (hydraulic tubing) that you replaced previously is still on....

he he he...looking to buy one.

redhybrid;756516 said:
dato beemer...

wondering whether or not the group buy for braided hose with banjo clamp (hydraulic tubing) that you replaced previously is still on....

he he he...looking to buy one.

Yes I will organise a group buy once i've check the hose again just to be sure ... Will keep you guys updated :top:

B33mEr;756508 said:
Car looks to be in pristine condition, ask whether if the owner kept the original side mirror. There is no bi-xenon just standard headlights can ask for further discounts :4:
Car looks alright, acceptable for a close to 10 years old car would be (manuf. in 2002). He replaced the headlamp with a HID 4300k and the foglamp too. Repainted the car with the same color, repainted the rims, and replaced speakers too.

I'm not sure about workshops in Kajang but Optimum from what i've read has been given positive reviews so far from forummers.
Yup, not sure of any good bmw workshops in Kajang, but the owner had been sending it to a family friend workshop in Cheras (LB Smart) all this while. This is where he did many of his bushings replacement, clutch servicing and regular service. Clutch was serviced as it was smoked end of last year in a traffic jam going up cameron highlands. I guess you know why :).

See the car, chat with the owner, ask for maintenance record kalau ada, if the owner agrees take it to optimum for check ups if not go back home and do some research on bmw workshops in Kajang. The most important thing is to take your time :4:
Test drove the car on SILK, feels alright. Didnt manage to test on higher speed than 120km/h as there was a bulge on the front right tire (so changing tire is already a must if this car is a buy). Changing the gears from 1-2-3 on static exposed the "thud" sound. From reading this forum earlier, i guess that is normal. Engaging into Reverse gear had no issue for now. Windscreen had a big crack, which he will replaced. Any advice on this?
Maintenance record is available from the first day the car was bought. The clutch that was replaced cost him RM1700 as it had to be ordered from Germany. Any comments?

Happy hunting :top:
Thanks for this thread, it is helping me to feel more confident with an SMG/SSG. The worry still lies with the finance minister, still asking me to consider an AT 325 :p

thats good news that u are taking the plunge wt SMG, its not that scary as many describe.

its only pretty scary when ur redlining and the thud sounds like ur diff is gonna blast, hahaha
but its all good bro, after u get used to it, all this sounds are like music, the loud thud simply adds on to the ald there adrenalin ..
i actually die to hear this now, especially in Sports mode ...

first few months, u will have many questions and doubts.. but believe me, once u get familiar wt the throttle and gearing dynamics,
you will be your best trainer. likesaid beemer, its kinda hard to understand the C mode, but it gives you good consumption, im getting 13.1L/100km city drive.
even my missus also use paddle's now. oh btw its her car :tongue:

i usually buy first then oni read up and worry, hehe... my only advice b4 purchase was a few calls to bro beemer... tq tq
good luck and enjoy ...

Bro B33mer, tried PM you for your contact. Cannot send anymore lah, you're too famous inbox always full. hehehe.

swansonsz;757210 said:
Bro B33mer, tried PM you for your contact. Cannot send anymore lah, you're too famous inbox always full. hehehe.

Hahaha ... i like to keep old messages that's why always full :p

You got pm :)

B33mEr;756068 said:
SMG is like a manual gearbox only w/o a clutch paddle thus it will put more power to the wheels compared to an autobox with torque converter which saps power. The throttle response is also more responsive compared to auto gearbox. You also have a launch control feature which to maximise acceleration from standstill. Having said that if you're looking for silky smooth gear change then the SMG is not for you. SMG is clunky during traffic jams and on sports mode can be brutal especially on 1-3 gears, it's made for aggressive driving not for city traffic. You have to alter your driving style to suit the driving characteristic of SMG.

When in traffic jam you have to be very light with the throttle (feather it) if not run the risk of overheating the SMG system whereby when you have rev the car 1500-1800rpm only then the car starts to move (i suspect it's the clutch position sensor) in which case the only way is to switch off the engine and restart back (10-15 seconds).

so it's overheat of the hydraulic system? by changing the position sensor will help?
thank god, this sound not serious

yehh beemer and sach the sifu's of SMG's .... can't get close to them when they are on full throttle

Anybody interested to help a fellow forumer to inspect the car this weekend? :D Your experience appreciated SMG sifus...

CC bro beemer hehe

ICEMAN 13;757386 said:
yehh beemer and sach the sifu's of SMG's .... can't get close to them when they are on full throttle

Heheh ... the last time we went for a drive (back from PD i think) i recalled having trying to catch up with you and another wickedly fast e30 :p

swansonsz;757681 said:
Anybody interested to help a fellow forumer to inspect the car this weekend? :D Your experience appreciated SMG sifus...

CC bro beemer hehe

PM replied :4:

its getting merrier!!! wahh!!!

this is what i have experienced lately.

During bad traffic/traffic light - I am normally let the car idling at C1 or 1, not moving for quite a while. Once throttle launched, there will be slight judder and sometimes even bad if C2 is required.

I came to think that there might be a bit pressure loss - during idling with gear, just imagine that u have ur left foot engaged as well as pressure engaging clutch actuator.

Quick Self solution performed - when i am expecting long idling, put the gear at C N/N that will release pressure at clutch actuator but sometimes, when it time to move, i certainly forgot to go back engaging the gear....vrooooommmmm!!!! wahhhh..car not moving and have to wait until the rev settle down before engaging...wat to do...already get used to let the car idling in engaged gear! :rock::rock::rock::motz::motz::rock::rock::rock:

Really need to find convenient time to actually go for a serious SMG inspection.

sent my car to bm world....

clutch actuator leak...clutch went south because pentosin went into the bell..

1. basically hav to change clutch in which i dont know because the clutch worn out or it because sudah kena minyak and tak boleh pakai.

2. Changed the o-ring seal instead of replacing the whole clutch actuator assembly.

will update on the damage later.

GRRRRR

redhybrid;758904 said:

1. basically hav to change clutch in which i dont know because the clutch worn out or it because sudah kena minyak and tak boleh pakai.

2. Changed the o-ring seal instead of replacing the whole clutch actuator assembly.

GRRRRR

good luck 800 + 2800 = calculate your self.

redhybrid;758904 said:

h-
GRRRRR

Sorry to hear that bro ... Hope it'll get sorted out soon.

p/s: you got pm

what do you mean by marker....its a sign still can be use or not?

hahahahaa.....im good at math... 800+2800....itu billion paakkkkkkkk

4100 damage.

clutch 1850
o ring for clutch actuator 850
pentosin 1 litre 145. grrrrrr...mahal weyyy
diff oil 1.75litre 262
gb ball pin bush 38

engine oil full syn 7.5 litre 390
ori oil filter m54 68
injector cleaner 25
windscreen cleaner 8

labour 450

pay to gomen 27

yeayyyyyyyyy

damn smooth now...

sorry to hear that bro redhybrid. Good to know why the clutch actuator leak in the first place. Is it because of wear and tear or because of the traffic jam?

Btw, update to my hunt for my first UDM/SMG, identified one (same like last time) but havent had the time to set up the second appointment due to a very hectic work schedule. Hopefully next weekend can go check it out with the help of bro beemer (will call you later bro) and a mechanic.

Anybody can recommend a mechanic that i can engage to bring with me to Jalan Cheras, Kajang area? Is it free to ask them to come or is there a certain fee. Probably better if they bring the diagnostic machine too. Any suggestion advise is appreciated SMG bros!

what do you know... met two SMG-ians today! :cool:

bro b33mer and bro claven, we'll meet again soon bros. Thanks for the advises and suggestion!

Top Bottom