SMG Share thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
infinityKL;761345 said:
aiya.... why i dunno .... yday was kinda bored, when car shopping n was having a cold afternoon beer ALONe ......

Bro ... i think we should plan for a SMG TT after Raya. It's long overdue :top:

infinityKL;761387 said:
yes sure bro.. its bout time..
sorry bout da beer thing man, its ramadan ... me bad

sach

No worries bro ... I'll buy you a cold one when we meet up hehehe :top:

clavenk;761394 said:
sad i got serious leak again.

Is the actuator leaking again or is it something else?

swansonsz;761687 said:
still thinking... haha

Whats on your mind bro? maybe we can help you :4:

Beemer, can't confirm is from the actuator even after jack up the car, the leakage seem to come from gearbox but confirm is hydralic oil. Bring to BM world, he say need to open up to see, if really actuator then depend on the housing condition, if cannot replace o ring then have to change. Now no money to change. my jerk problem he say most probably is because of smg ecu.

solution 1
actuator rm4k + smg ecu rm 4k + dsc control unit +4k= now fainting on the floor.

solution 2
repair actuator if can rm 700(solve leak) + smg ecu (solve severe jerk) rm 4k = rm4.7k, but my worry is later problem still not solve he insist want me to change dsc. cause he said dsc might cause the ecu reading go haywire which supposingly i don't think this could happen. but anyhow i'm not expert, so im not sure.

clavenk;761806 said:
Beemer, can't confirm is from the actuator even after jack up the car, the leakage seem to come from gearbox but confirm is hydralic oil. Bring to BM world, he say need to open up to see, if really actuator then depend on the housing condition, if cannot replace o ring then have to change. Now no money to change. my jerk problem he say most probably is because of smg ecu.

solution 1
actuator rm4k + smg ecu rm 4k + dsc control unit +4k= now fainting on the floor.

solution 2
repair actuator if can rm 700(solve leak) + smg ecu (solve severe jerk) rm 4k = rm4.7k, but my worry is later problem still not solve he insist want me to change dsc. cause he said dsc might cause the ecu reading go haywire which supposingly i don't think this could happen. but anyhow i'm not expert, so im not sure.

Time to get a 2nd opinion bro ... I'd suggest you head to Sunway Autobahn and see what they say. When and if you're going let me know cos maybe i can tag along.

B33mEr;761871 said:
Time to get a 2nd opinion bro ... I'd suggest you head to Sunway Autobahn and see what they say. When and if you're going let me know cos maybe i can tag along.

i went to autobahn edi, few month ago, he know i got this problem, he said he got 1 smg ecu to test, but the smg ecu lend to someone, and that guy is oversea, until now didnt call me yet. about 3month ago edi.

clavenk;761873 said:
i went to autobahn edi, few month ago, he know i got this problem, he said he got 1 smg ecu to test, but the smg ecu lend to someone, and that guy is oversea, until now didnt call me yet. about 3month ago edi.

Let's take things one at a time bro ... 1st let's figure where the leak is coming from once that is sorted we move on to the next.

It's your call lah bro ... am just trying to help.

B33mEr;761880 said:
Let's take things one at a time bro ... 1st let's figure where the leak is coming from once that is sorted we move on to the next.

It's your call lah bro ... am just trying to help.

yup yup, i understand, so now thinking of just bring back to bm world to change o ring, if really cannot repair then only change actuator. tentatively dun care bout the jerk first. leak is more important now.

clavenk;761883 said:
yup yup, i understand, so now thinking of just bring back to bm world to change o ring, if really cannot repair then only change actuator. tentatively dun care bout the jerk first. leak is more important now.

good luck bro ... let us know of the progress and do take some pics :top:

hopefully the pentosin didnt splash the clutch plate as it did mine, badly enough for a new clutch set.

good luck bro. dont worry much. im going to visit bm world this friday to check the repair actuator. been told that they need ro do some resurfacing before they put it in new seal. afraid that it would leak again.

so far so good, done 1000km back KL-kelate-kl last weekend...ohhh...i love the 3rd gear..

redhybrid;761914 said:
hopefully the pentosin didnt splash the clutch plate as it did mine, badly enough for a new clutch set.

good luck bro. dont worry much. im going to visit bm world this friday to check the repair actuator. been told that they need ro do some resurfacing before they put it in new seal. afraid that it would leak again.

so far so good, done 1000km back KL-kelate-kl last weekend...ohhh...i love the 3rd gear..

i just changes my new clutch set on last year.

beemer, last time why did u change the shift actuator? i saw u were changing this part as well at first page. And u were doing all this in sapura auto? which is current jalan tun razak auto bavaria?

beemer i might want to try replacing the seal with my mech, but i'm quite worry after dismantle the actuator dunno how to fit it back. I remember you still kept your old one, if i really going to do this, can i borrow your broken one to research abit before i going to open up mine in the car.

clavenk;762072 said:
beemer, last time why did u change the shift actuator? i saw u were changing this part as well at first page. And u were doing all this in sapura auto? which is current jalan tun razak auto bavaria?

Why did i change it? cause it was leaking lerrr plus it was still under warranty by NAZA ... Took full advantage of it.

If you wanna change new then do it at BMW dealership cos while expensive it does carry a two year warranty ... If it leaks again they will change it again with a new part.

Sapura is no more .. they sold dealership off to Auto Bavaria

clavenk;762087 said:
beemer i might want to try replacing the seal with my mech, but i'm quite worry after dismantle the actuator dunno how to fit it back. I remember you still kept your old one, if i really going to do this, can i borrow your broken one to research abit before i going to open up mine in the car.

I don't have the full parts right now as bits and pieces are everywhere in my new place.

Anyone experienced gb jerking after leaving the cars for a few days?

Myself left the car at parking lot for 5 days for hari raya. First gear was jerking...also 2nd gear...then it was ok after a few traffic light.

Hi All,

Booked 325i SMG CKD, 03', m/age 88k, price 75k w/out insurance. It's that reasonable price? I'm new with UDM but admire since my childhood. I'm also don't know much about SMG. H/ever after read this forum about 2/3 months, I get some info/tips and still learn/study on this SMG.

-nakabu-

Top Bottom