RFT Tires Bulge

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Agreed.

But I have been using low profile tyres for so many years. Even lower profile than this f30 328i 18 inchers.

Never had this problem until now.

And sad to see so many affected and yet BMW and GY just want to wash their hands off despite so many unhappy customers due to this issue.

Any one with this issue, please write in to BMW Malaysia and BMW AG via:

http://bmw.com.my/com/en/general/contact/contact.html

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/general/contact/contact.html

If enough people write in, let's hope something positive happens.

KengKok;813055 said:
Stiff wall, low profile, too many pot holes on Malaysian roads. Bad odds bro :(

I just changed 1 GY RFT last month. Now I noticed another bulge and am just stunned at the fragility of these tires !
These RFT appears good to cover for its own fragility only *sigh*

Planning to change to normal tyres after I've re-read this thread on some normal tyre suggestions. It doesn't help to not have a spare wheel though..

Cheers

AT-Sixx;814488 said:
I just changed 1 GY RFT last month. Now I noticed another bulge and am just stunned at the fragility of these tires !
These RFT appears good to cover for its own fragility only *sigh*

Planning to change to normal tyres after I've re-read this thread on some normal tyre suggestions. It doesn't help to not have a spare wheel though..

Cheers
It's very evident that GY RFT esp. prone to side wall bulge. Wonder it's worth start a survey to gather # or statistics of all same size profile RFT Vs MFG ........

I suppose GY is the standard tire manufacturer for F30 (not sure about other bimmer series - me newbie) so since we all gather in this F30 forum, the problem will be GY centric ? Just wondering. Trying to be impartial . . . . but honestly, 2 tyre changes within a month doesnt quite speak volumes for GY too *sigh*

Hi

Plan to change mebbe a pair of GY RFT with a normal make this Saturday.

Appreciate recommendations on any normal tyre brands/make & indicative cost if possible. BTW, do they take trade in for my GY RFT (or do I have to bring em home and do online lelong?) ?

Also, we can one purchase the pressurised foam system for punctured normal tyres ?

May run normal tires at the front and RFT at the rear - hope there's not safety issue.

Many thanks

Cheers

One thing i realised is after i did correct tyre pressure front n back (as per recommended at driver side sticker) those GY RFT donuts seems able to withstand potholes.

Last saturday i went to JB and my friend tested my car and he drove quite harsh. Went on some potholes and bumps but no bulge whatsoever. Lucky me.

I've just gone to see Quill about this matter.

Tan from service centre did say quite a few customers have come in with this problem and it appears to be with Goodyear and not other makes.

I've written 3 times to them so far.

After the first time, they only took some pics and as expected, said it's external impact.

Despite the rim and tyre wall near the bulge area being in perfect condition.

I said, look at the number of complaints.

Even if it's external impact, why does it seem like only Goodyear is facing this problem with so many customers?

I think the more people come out and speak up about this, the quicker BMW Malaysia will be compelled to act and instruct for a recall.

We buy BMWs not to drive them slow, they should not be so nonchalant about their customers safety.

So far, they are offering a 25% discount for a new tyre. What an insult.

You go outside and immediately get 25% off for the same tyre.

So, in actual fact, only someone's undeserved commission is being cut here.

And they are owning up to causing only a quarter of the problem.... hahaha...

Still pursuing the matter...

AT-Sixx;814513 said:
I suppose GY is the standard tire manufacturer for F30 (not sure about other bimmer series - me newbie) so since we all gather in this F30 forum, the problem will be GY centric ? Just wondering. Trying to be impartial . . . . but honestly, 2 tyre changes within a month doesnt quite speak volumes for GY too *sigh*

Have the bulge on all four tyres where do I sign up for the petition or complaint

Dealers are not on customer side they won't advocate for us just blame us for hitting potholes

Told them I hit potholes with all my other cars in the last ten years but they hey they don't bother and maybe its not their job to bother

See the posts on page 15?? Wanna lodge a complain to consumer rights or not? Dear all Beemers... let's stand up for our rights and let our voices be heard.

hazimfarid;814706 said:
One thing i realised is after i did correct tyre pressure front n back (as per recommended at driver side sticker) those GY RFT donuts seems able to withstand potholes.

Last saturday i went to JB and my friend tested my car and he drove quite harsh. Went on some potholes and bumps but no bulge whatsoever. Lucky me.
yes it does help with proper tyre pressure to support n less stress on side wall

KengKok;815017 said:
yes it does help with proper tyre pressure to support n less stress on side wall

Looks like we have a solution here for the bulging side wall by properly inflating our GY RFT. So guys, please check your tyre pressure regularly to ensure proper inflation.

get to know from my SA that one owner with 2 weeks old car have bulge tire, meaning BMW released the car to owner with incorrect tire pressure?..or driver problem?

Yesterday my rear left tyre was burst and its quite scary as my wife and daughters in the car.

silver arrow;815377 said:
get to know from my SA that one owner with 2 weeks old car have bulge tire, meaning BMW released the car to owner with incorrect tire pressure?..or driver problem?

Yesterday my rear left tyre was burst and its quite scary as my wife and daughters in the car.

You are lucky to be using RFT tyres. The consequences of a tyre burst in a conventional tyre could be worse.

Wow!! so many complain?? lucky I use a normal tire wont give me any trouble!! Wahh..Better u pay 200% attention on the pot hole guys....

fitz9666;815646 said:
Wow!! so many complain?? lucky I use a normal tire wont give me any trouble!! Wahh..Better u pay 200% attention on the pot hole guys....

for now the prob is not with the rft but with the brand...

silver arrow;815377 said:

Mind to share under what condition that causes your car's tyre to burst? Seldom hear about passenger's car tyre bursting, it could be a defect in the tyre or really harsh condition. I thought RFT is meant to prevent tyre from bursting?

Top Bottom