Tyre bulge on RFT sidewall

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Exactly.....they seem to wash their hands when it comes to this...mayb due to the BSRIs....too much money/promo done on it...so they don't want to spend another nickle on other matters....then why did they in the 1st place had to come out with a genius idea to fit these cars with RFTs in the 1st place...roads in Europe are not the same as the ones we have here...

Just an update on the situation of the tyre issue.. AB kl took the defected tyre and sent it to Pirelli....they fitted my car with the demo unit's tyre...which was in same condition(thread wear) except no bulges...just some scrapes on the wall...but ok lah...better than before...still waiting on the outcome...I'm pretty much sure they wouldn't want to,replace it...

ganeshkumar328 said:
Just an update on the situation of the tyre issue.. AB kl took the defected tyre and sent it to Pirelli....they fitted my car with the demo unit's tyre...which was in same condition(thread wear) except no bulges...just some scrapes on the wall...but ok lah...better than before...still waiting on the outcome...I'm pretty much sure they wouldn't want to,replace it...
All the best bro, keep your fingers crossed.

Ok an update on the tyre issue...they replace the tyre with a new one...but I don't think it's a brand new one..coz it was made last year on the 33rd week...but ok lah..sorted the tyre issue...no more bulge problem....Pirelli refused to compensate but bmw malaysia took in and acted on behalf of the tyre company...thanks to them...mayb due to my distance staying in kuantan and having to bring the car to kl all the time..well, kudos to them to solve it although it took them 5 months to settle it..

ganeshkumar328 said:
Ok an update on the tyre issue...they replace the tyre with a new one...but I don't think it's a brand new one..coz it was made last year on the 33rd week...but ok lah..sorted the tyre issue...no more bulge problem....Pirelli refused to compensate but bmw malaysia took in and acted on behalf of the tyre company...thanks to them...mayb due to my distance staying in kuantan and having to bring the car to kl all the time..well, kudos to them to solve it although it took them 5 months to settle it..
I am happy for you bro. You are probably the first person to successfully claim back from the tyre manufacturer. Your case could well be the landmark case for others with similar issues to refer to. Hope your RFTs don't give you any more problem in the future.

splee said:
I am happy for you bro. You are probably the first person to successfully claim back from the tyre manufacturer. Your case could well be the landmark case for others with similar issues to refer to. Hope your RFTs don't give you any more problem in the future.
Yep, everyone else failed to claim but not you!

Thanks guys...but Pirelli didn't want to replace it...bmw malaysia did....and thanks to my SA in AB KL....they replaced it for me...glad that it's sorted....Hope they can b transparent when it comes to this kind of issue...first of the car is only few months old and gt it brand new in April this year..barely clocked 7k km...most of the time it's sitting at home...I expect them to b doing better than this...so it's definitely a tyre defect...I'm still waiting for pirelli's feedback on this...not going to let this go easily...they need to gv proper explanation to why the tyre bulged less than 2 months after taking the car from delivery...

Just curious....the side door says the tyre pressure shud be 220kpa for the front and 240kpa for the rear...that's like 32psi for front and 35psi for the rear...shud I follow this or do u guys hav a certain pressure amount that's ideal for the RFTs...

ganeshkumar328 said:
Just curious....the side door says the tyre pressure shud be 220kpa for the front and 240kpa for the rear...that's like 32psi for front and 35psi for the rear...shud I follow this or do u guys hav a certain pressure amount that's ideal for the RFTs...
That's only the recommended tyre pressure. Personally I find this a little too high for my liking considering the poorly finished Malaysia roads. In addition, our locally assembled F30s are badly put together and will emit more unwanted rattling and squeaking sound the higher the tyre pressure you put into those RFTs. So I normally go 2 psi lower than the recommended tyre pressure.

Please note tire pressure listed is cold tire pressure... If you have driven more than 1 miles to get to the station, you have to compensate by using hot tire pressure, which is1-2psi up from cold tire pressure

Personally I tend to follow the guide by the door, luckily they even have the recommended tyre pressure for 19" sized rims and tyres. Yes, I agree with AOC that the pressure mentioned there is definitely for the tyres when it is cold. I used to pump higher at around 36psi front and 38psi rear but I tend to lose a bit of traction at the rear hence I decided to drop it down to around 33ps fronts and 35psi rear.

That's a rough guide but you can try other pressure settings to your liking but the guide on the door should be the minimum you can go for as RFT runs on a slightly higher pressure setting. I'm running on 32 front and 35 rear ferrying 2-4 passengers but if you tend to carry full load plus luggage most of the time the rear should be a little bit more.

Aiyoh no need so accurate la. You are not driving F1 car la. Do you think the air pump at the petrol station is calibrated so accurately? As long as it's around the recommended pressure should be okay di.

Hahahahha....ok....so far I set both at 35psi...no problems coz usually only 1 or 2 passengers with me...Otherwise it's sleeping at home...hv other cars to use as well...

ganeshkumar328 said:
I use 220kpa for both front and rear tyres. Me and a front seat Pessenger most of the time.

Top Bottom