RFT Punctured Experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bulging on my front left tyre, used the car for less than a year. Lodged a complaint to both Malaysia and Germany BMW. Got the respond first from Germany customer service, Malaysia BMW customer service too damn slow.

Had both front tyres replaced and paid for 2.5k with damage protection warranty under BMW. The bulged tyre taken by SC and today got reply that the bulging was due to external impact, not covered under manufacturer's warranty.

The problem really pissed me off. See my correspondence with BMW.

With this experience, I know for sure that my next car won't be a BMW!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 18
Recent correspondence with BMW
----------------------------------------
Dear Yuen,
Thanks for the report.

I have read it carefully, thus my further question is how the inspection personnel differentiate the crack is due to defect or external impact? Can he tell the difference between the two?

Should the crack is due to external impact, then in my opinion BMW design has significant flaw in designing, choosing and using the run flat tyre with Malaysia road condition where our road quality is far less below than European countries. I believe this is the reason why the new BMW vehicle comes with warranty that includes tyre damage protection.

In my 17 years driving experience of using normal tyre with various vehicles manufacturers, I have never experienced this kind of problem.

Having said that, I believe it is BMW duty to ensure BMW design could meet the environment and condition as well as meeting the customers expectation. Failing to do that, I think BMW can expect customer to look for others who can provide better quality.

I am looking for a more constructive response than this.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2016, at 10:39 AM, Yuen wrote:

Dear En Ramzi,

We thank you for your email dated 25 March 2016.

First and foremost, we would like to take this opportunity to record our appreciation for your support towards BMW product and services.

Following your recent communication with regards to your tyre bulged issue, please allow us to explain that the following an independent inspection carried out by the tyre manufacturer, on the damages to your vehicle’s tyre which findings reveal that the damages are as a result of an external impact which may have contact with a curd / pothole and damaging the sidewall and innerliner of the tyre. This is not the manufacturing defect or quality issue related condition. Therefore, it is not warrantable for the tyre claim.

Please find enclosed a report issued by the tyre manufacturer for your attention.

We hope that with the above explanation, we have your understanding in this matter.

Thanks
Best Regards,

Yuen
Head Of Aftersales
Millennium Welt Sdn Bhd
Lot 32 Jalan Teluk Sisek,
25000 Kuantan
Hp +0123202003
Tel +605 516 1666
Fax +605 515 6190
www.millenniumwelt.com.my

Hi Guys,

I had 1 pc RFT side wall damaged with a tear two months back. Pretty sure I did not hit any hard or sharp objects while driving to get this impact. Reported this to SA at Auto Bavaria and was told to set an appointment with Good Year technical staff for them to inspect. I had no choice and had to replace a new tyre at MPS Auto Sunway since Auto Bavaria don't carry stock (still puzzles me). Replaced a new tyre and paid for it on my own. After replacing I pass on the damage tyre to Auto Bavaria so that they will get Good Year to inspect the tyre. Called after two week to get the verdict and was told that its caused by user damage. Accept it with a grunt and left it there.

This week, the new tyre I had replaced at MPS Auto, had a slight bulge at the side wall. Damn, a 'Deja Vu' moment. Went to MPS Auto and compliant about it and they said its owner damaged it. I insist to get it inspected and same story need to call Good Year to fix an appointment to check it. So I left and waited for the call. After two days, I was told by MPS Auto to go to Good Year HQ in Shah Alam and talk to them. Ok, so I went there and met their technical staff and the gentlemen there was courteous and explained that selected RFT Good Year tyres is covered under road damaged for 6 months. if the thread is above 90%, will be given a new tyre and its less than cash compensation will be given.

Since, my RFT is two months old, got it replaced for FREE at MPS auto. So guys, don't bother fighting your battle with the tyre shop and BMW service centres, just go straight to Good Year and claim your right. The tyre shops and BMW service centres are trained to say 'NO' to RFT claims and are oblivious to the 6 months warranty claim or they say 'NO' and ask you to purchase it and they claim it and sell it to another customer.

Still puzzles me on RFT quality that is suppose to be better than non RFTs. Never had this problem with Non RFTs having side wall damages.

That's why, i insist to change RFT outside, rather than from BMW, since they are selling higher price, terms of warranty is a selling strategy, but indeed, they will not replace any claims from customer... :68: :68:

I've gotten my tyre replaced by the warranty. The tyre punctured due to screw and patched it for rm5 before claiming warranty and waiting for the tyre to arrive. I did have to pay 300+ due to wear of the tyre 20% which is ok since I'm getting a brand new tyre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom