Now service interval is 20k no more 25k

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ashman55

Club Guest
I only knew about the new service interval when I went to Sapura this morning.I was concerned about the car not being serviced for so long considering the balik kampong is coming. So I went to Sapura even I still have 4700km to go to 25k.On the phone I was told no, so I went to Sapura with the hope the super will agreed to my worries.Lucky me the computer says my service is due.Ask them also if your car is included in the technical campaign,I was not told but I knew there is,true enough they need to change a sensor.If you think BMW gonna tell you everything think again.In my case maybe the girl who attended to me just a pretty face with no brain,only checked the facts when asked to.

There are some lengthy discussions on this subject... General consensus is not to go beyond 15,000km for the oil service. There have been cases for cars sticking strictly to the 25,000km service and suffered premature engine failure...

Our tropical climate is not suited for 25,000km oil service..

i would have expected BMW Malaysia, and its dealers, to be professional enough to contact owners the moment a technical bulletin is out. it is no longer acceptable for them to attend to these replacements only when the cars are in for servicing. not attending to the matter unless asked is downright unbecoming of a modern and responsible automaker.

I tried to get my 08 E90 325i serviced at >15K about 2 months ago, AB refused to do it unless I pay for it. So I just did it at 22.5K.

Just checked and my next one is at 15K. Thot strange. This explains it.

So far touch wood.

What technical campaign? What sensor they changed? What car u driving? What year? What model?

anyway, i change oil at between 8k to 10k intervals, depending on wallet ;)

320i sports 08.I cn't recall the name of the sensor but got something to do with the exhoust.My km already 21300.can't wait till monday to habe my car check in.I considered myself truly lucky to follow my gut feeling to check with Sapura,otherwise cant imagine do lot of driving for this balik kampong

Top Bottom