Service Intervals.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My thinking is that we don't need to care so much as to when to service our ride. As long as the signal is on, just schedule for a service that's all.

Just take note that when back from a long distance ride, the service signal will be on, but that no need to schedule for a service, just get the lub oil from AB and top up yourself will do.

Other then that, just leave everything to the OBC will do.

Above is my personal view/thought.

Regards!

My 320i OBC was pre-set 1st service at 15,000KM, but the car prompted for service @ about 11,000KM. Did the 1st service @ about 11,200KM and the 2nd servcie was preset another 19,000KM to service, which should be 30,000KM on the ODO. Now ODO is 22,000KM, still 6,000KM to go according to the OBC.

erzazei;349983 said:
Guys/Sifu's..... I just bought 323i coupe (e92) from Ingress Auto a month ago. Just check with SA of Ingress and she told me the initial service is 25,000km but sum1 been telling me it suppose to be 10.000km.
When i called the SA again, she said i can send my car for early servicing but under my own expenses. so WTF is that free services and warranty of 3years (60,000kms)?
Did anybody bought their machine's from Ingress Auto? Kindly help me here. I'm really pissed with their explanations and excuses.

"10,000km or 25,000km"?

if i were you i will do the 1st oil change after the run in period...as extra care of course...

anyway kat rumah ke masih onboard bro:eek:

:top:

superman;350144 said:
My 320i OBC was pre-set 1st service at 15,000KM, but the car prompted for service @ about 11,000KM. Did the 1st service @ about 11,200KM and the 2nd servcie was preset another 19,000KM to service, which should be 30,000KM on the ODO. Now ODO is 22,000KM, still 6,000KM to go according to the OBC.

Where u service your car superman? AB Sg Besi preset 320i 1st service on my car 25k km... subsequent service oso another 25k km... basket.. !

You can service your car when the remaining mileage less than 5000 Km. They will accept it.

Yes I can confirm what fplus mentioned. My SA told me that we are eligible for the BRSI if any of the service components shows < 5000km mileage.

He also asked me to send the car in for a general check before the warranty expires so that they can check and replace parts as necessary.

astroboy;350201 said:
Where u service your car superman? AB Sg Besi preset 320i 1st service on my car 25k km... subsequent service oso another 25k km... basket.. !

Astroboy, Superman bought the car from AB Sg Besi, serviced the car in AB Sg Besi also ;)

I spoke to Sg besi AfterSales Manager Mr.Hoo and asked him why my 320i 1st service is 25k km but my friend's E90 320i is 10k km.. He said the later 2008 batch delivered 320i is set to 10k km.... and of course he said, 25k km is no problem for 320i so not to worry.. :( ..basket! Same SC different standard.. basket x 2 !

astroboy;350584 said:
I spoke to Sg besi AfterSales Manager Mr.Hoo and asked him why my 320i 1st service is 25k km but my friend's E90 320i is 10k km.. He said the later 2008 batch delivered 320i is set to 10k km.... and of course he said, 25k km is no problem for 320i so not to worry.. :( ..basket! Same SC different standard.. basket x 2 !

Summore astroboy paying rm220k:motz: for his car. Unlike other getting it for rm199k & get 10k km service.:eek:

VKS;350187 said:
if i were you i will do the 1st oil change after the run in period...as extra care of course...

anyway kat rumah ke masih onboard bro:eek:

:top:

masih onboard lah bro..crew change is on 3th sept @ Bergen.
Sampai KL either 04th or 05th sept
Then I will send the car for initial service (now already 3k+km, i think)... pedulilah, kena bayar BAYAR ajelah

Need advise from Sifu here. As the first service will be 12,000 km, what do you think of just buying the engine oil outside and ask foreman to replace the oil instead of sending the car back to service centre ? I guess it will be cheaper, and most importantly, no need to leave the car in the authorized service center for at least 3/4 day just for oil change. But I don know what type of oil is suitable for 320i, any advise?

Have had bad experience sending car back to AB S.Besi for alignment warranty claim before 2000 km. They told me to leave the car there (at 11:45am) and collect at 5 pm, just for the 1/2 hour alignment work. After negotiated, finally collected the car at 3:30pm after throwing my temper to the Tidak-apa service advisor.

Need advise from Sifu here. As the first service will be 12,000 km, what do you think of just buying the engine oil outside and ask foreman to replace the oil after 5000km instead of sending the car back to service centre ? I guess it will be cheaper, and most importantly, no need to leave the car in the authorized service center for at least 3/4 day just for oil change. But I don know what type of oil is suitable for 320i, any advise?

Have had bad experience sending car back to AB S.Besi for alignment warranty claim before 2000 km. They told me to leave the car there (at 11:45am) and collect at 5 pm, just for the 1/2 hour alignment work. After negotiated, finally collected the car at 3:30pm after throwing my temper to the Tidak-apa service advisor.

Silver, send to Astroboy house in Damansara Utama. 2 jugs of beer will do. Can be ready within an hour.

mummygohan;355518 said:
Silver, send to Astroboy house in Damansara Utama. 2 jugs of beer will do. Can be ready within an hour.

Astroboy seems to be a prestigious mechanic, read his thread on change with pics. He really can DIY. BY the way, what grade of oil is recommended for our 320i ? How about Shell Helix fully synthetic ? or Mobil 1 ?

Silver320;355933 said:
Astroboy seems to be a prestigious mechanic, read his thread on change with pics. He really can DIY. BY the way, what grade of oil is recommended for our 320i ? How about Shell Helix fully synthetic ? or Mobil 1 ?

castrol EDGE is recommended

Silver320;355517 said:
Need advise from Sifu here. As the first service will be 12,000 km, what do you think of just buying the engine oil outside and ask foreman to replace the oil after 5000km instead of sending the car back to service centre ? I guess it will be cheaper, and most importantly, no need to leave the car in the authorized service center for at least 3/4 day just for oil change. But I don know what type of oil is suitable for 320i, any advise?

It costs about RM700 to do an oil change at the dealers, so it will be cheaper, but there's little point in changing oil if you don't change the filter too. I did my first 3,000km change at Ingress and it took less than an hour, just enough time to check email over a coffee. :top:

Wheel alignment i wouldn't do at the dealers lar. A good tyre shop will do a better job and much faster because they specialize in it.

Wah! Long life oil get drained at 3,000km.. :D What a disgrace to BMW "technology".. :p

I at least better than u... I drained mine at 5,000km.. :D

Now my ride is at 13k km.. OBC indicates 18k km to go... BlackE90 suggested I do an oil change now since I've traveled 8k km from my last change and do another one after another 9k km, then I'm all set for the 31k km OBC condition based BSRI service..

I went bought Torco 100% Synthetic 5W-30, 5 bottles of 1 liter and went to my regular spare part shop and gotten myself an original E90 oil filter.. the next question is... do I listen to BlackE90 or wait for another 5k km at 18 km, so it will be 13k km from my last oil change and I'm all set for BSRI service at 31k km... saving myself one oil change interval as suggested by BlackE90.

One point I need to share though, my last oil change was 4L pack Q8 and its actually insufficient... my OBC oil level now a quarter above "min"... and oil top up indicator has lighted once... now u know why I bought 5 bottles of Torco 1 liter pack.. when check E90 manual there's no mentioning of our engine oil capacity.. :eek: so some say our N46 uses 4.5L... :rolleyes:

astroboy;356000 said:
Wah! Long life oil get drained at 3,000km.. :D What a disgrace to BMW "technology".. :p
I at least better than u... I drained mine at 5,000km.. :D

Firstly I don't believe in that 'special first oil' BS - oil is oil. Secondly a senior guy at Ingress said "Good!" when I told him I wanted to change my run-in oil at 3k. :wink:

Schwepps;356008 said:
Firstly I don't believe in that 'special first oil' BS - oil is oil. Secondly a senior guy at Ingress said "Good!" when I told him I wanted to change my run-in oil at 3k. :wink:

Of course bah! They get to charge u RM700 and need not wait until BSRI expire wat.. :p

They're both devil and angel at the same time.. :eek:

Top Bottom