Service Intervals.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
thule;385900 said:
what about after the oil change?? will they reset the meter???
Do you guys have any idea on how to reset?? If this is posted somewhere... can u point me to the link??? Thanks

Yes, after oil change, must reset the service indicator... otherwise, it will continue to count into the negative zones..

Anyone know how to DIY the reset without using diagnostic equipment? I will DIY my oil change after 60k km BSRI lapse..

after oil change must reset the service indicator?? the people (IA/sapura/AB) will do it right?
2. how about addiing oil...afterwhich must reset or not

racheltoh;386005 said:
after oil change must reset the service indicator?? the people (IA/sapura/AB) will do it right?
2. how about addiing oil...afterwhich must reset or not

1. If the SC people don't reset the oil change counter for u, then u keep quiet and return for another BSRI oil change after 5k km for freeeeeee.. hahahaaa..!

2. Adding oil no need la. Unless the type of oil u use to top up can "rejuvenate" the existing oil in your engine and extend their life by another 25k km or so.. :p Tell me if you found such oil.. hahahaaa!

maanly;345889 said:
Dear forumers,
I have a 2008 e90 325i sports. I am really confused on when should I send my car for servicing. This is my first dilemma.
I've heard from a friend that a new 320i can be sent for servicing at 10k intervals and its free even if there is no sign come up in the computer, but a new 325i would only be sent for servicing at 25k. Why does this happen? The strange this is that both models will changed with the SAME oil, then why have this double standard? Shouldn't a 325i get at least the same treatment since we pay much more in cost to 'rent' one?..

My second question.
Say for example there is such double standard and I dont care less about it since I love my car so much and want it to be given the best treatment, when is the best milage should I send it for servicing..Should it be at every 8k,10k, 12k or 15k..I know I would have to pay it though..but for the sake of the car I would..I've heard that if I send it for servicing at 10k I have to tell the SA not to reset the computer or something.. Do enlighten me..

I hope somebody out there would care to help answer my questions for now. I have somemore questions but that'll be another time. I thank you in advance for the help..Maanly..

:34: ha ha ha buddy, :34:, i got your answer...

all these happend because the 325i using 2.5L 6-pot engine.., smaller Capacity on each cylinder to be combusted with less fuel to reduce carbon deposit, more lube oil capacity mean can absord more dirt and heat, :34:....:top:...:34:

soo just focus most on the OIL filter and Air Filter, make sure you are using the right synthetic oil, make sure no wreck on those plastic parts along the air flow to the engine to prevent dirt air combustion..

ha ha ha... Heroic Ass of discusion... :34:.., i am sorry my buddy; i am joking....:34:

ha ha ha... someone still riding horse of Ass with his bimmer park at home....:34:
Even lelong the bimmer at half price....:34:

anybody want to purchase oil service reset or diagnostic tool from me??
and do it yourself for better trust and avoid con con nasty ass .....:34:
and never ride the Horse to city again...:34:

Top Bottom