MY 2014 F30s

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bruce_Z

Club Guest
To all those who bought their F30s in 2014 - esp those with Manufacture Year (MY) 2014 - Im just wondering whether your rides are free from the niggling quality bugs from earlier MYs - rattling door locks, creaking steering, creaking central aircon vents, tapping noise from right front suspension, rusted seat pans, etc...

Just wondering whether the latest SKD quality has improved compared to the initial MY 2012 cars.

took delivery of my F30 on the last day of 2014. So far so good... can't quite hear any rattling noise or noise of annoying sort.

Yours is brand new. Hopfully it stays without the ugly rattles...Hope to hear more feedback frm others too..

Dear Bruze_Z

I've been driving mine since Sept-2013 and so far no issue.

Thats good bro Razibar. Maybe they did improve their assembly QC checks.

My F30 is 6 months old and so far so good except there is noise from the side mirror when closing/opening it. SA tells me dirt got stuck in between causing it but even after they cleaned it noise still came back. Will get them to sort it out during next service.

Other than that, ride is sweet.

ehoe said:
My F30 is 6 months old and so far so good except there is noise from the side mirror when closing/opening it. SA tells me dirt got stuck in between causing it but even after they cleaned it noise still came back. Will get them to sort it out during next service.

They will just spray wd40 on it and the noise should go away.

ehoe said:

Had that...they greased it and after 4 months its back again lol. I think I need to WD-40 the side mirrors myself and see...

Actually, for plastic parts... Perhaps better to use silicone spray?

seancorr said:
Had that...they greased it and after 4 months its back again lol. I think I need to WD-40 the side mirrors myself and see...
Nothing last forever bro. Just keep spraying. Lol

Got my 328i in July 2014. So far no issues except ones that i've self inflicted. Went into a pothole and it triggered some sensor to say I've got chassis issues but taking it to the workshop no damage found.

Though the back passenger door on the left side doesn't shut easily, i've got to put in abit more force. Forgot to bring it up during my first service. Been meaning to kacau AB about it soon.

There hasn't been the common suspension noise or any rusting so far. Cross my fingers that they've sorted it all out.

Top Bottom