323 and C200 CGI - My experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Having regular oil change or more frequent basis will help to reduce the acidity environment for your engine. Using the best possible diesel engine oil(I'm not referring to syn oil either). Perhaps that will minimize the risk but I doubt BMW or any other modern diesel car or truck out there have not consider the situation.

docrayboy;606198 said:
The new F30 320i will probably be equipped with this new engine....then the 320d will be trailing far behind....

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/01/28/new-turbo-4-cylinder-engines-to-arrive-in-the-us-before-year-end/

With 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, it offers more power and torque than our normally aspirated 3.0-liter inline six and most importantly, provides the classic BMW combination of power, refinement and pure driving pleasure.

I don't think it'll be called the 320i... expect 325i or even 328i.

Let's put our hands together to welcome N20B20 to the family.. :star:

245 horsepower at 5,000rpm
350Nm of torque at 1,250rpm
8-speed transmission
7.9 liters per 100km

P90070882_770.jpg

:top:

Now when can we have this in a 1-series ?! woW!

Things are sure going to get v hot in the BMW car scene in the next 1 year even!...the BMW engines are improving at an astronomical rate! Hence astroboy chose a correct name!

Pretty good, but SUPER, no. It's average for a twin scroll 4-cyl. The 2011 Subaru WRX STI Spec C 2.0 boxer-4 gives 305bhp and 420 Nm...untuned.

Schwepps;607021 said:
Pretty good, but SUPER, no. It's average for a twin scroll 4-cyl. The 2011 Subaru WRX STI Spec C 2.0 boxer-4 gives 305bhp and 420 Nm...untuned.

Wow......!

Schwepps;607021 said:

Agree, pretty conservatively done comparing to those hardcore EVO and STI engines. Hope high speed long distance wouldn't trigger limp mode too early. NA still a much more desirable engine for those application. Sprint versus Marathon.. :4:

There is a Chinese proverb "路遥知马力", the distance of the road is the true test to horse's power. :4:

Schwepps;607021 said:

True enough, BMW's twin power engines were never super high tuned. The N54 is a 3.0l twin turbo producing only 300hp and 400Nm. Pretty tame IMO.

What is super is the incredibly flat torque curve, 350Nm from 1200 rpm is impressive even by Subaru standards. It will be an incredibly drivable and flexible car around town.

supergripen;606241 said:
I don't think it'll be called the 320i... expect 325i or even 328i.

True, and 320 could be a turbocharged 3 cylinder 1.5! or maybe back to 318...

Schwepps;607021 said:

U can't really compare these two engines cuz they're tuned for different purposes.I'm sure if BMW wanted to get those figures they could.

Try getting 7.9l/100kms from the STI..

Both are super engines in their own right IMO.The N20B20 will indeed power my next BMW,most probably in X guise;)

astroboy;591441 said:
Most people dunno what they want until they own a BMW, for the wrong reason.. and cursing on what they have missed by not getting a BMW sooner.. it can happen to u! haha!

congrat bro Astroboy!! i love bmw since i was kid but didnt have yet..but i plan to buy my dream car n still waiting i got the money sooner..i think maybe for this year

Nmr Nik Soh;611834 said:
congrat bro Astroboy!! i love bmw since i was kid but didnt have yet..but i plan to buy my dream car n still waiting i got the money sooner..i think maybe for this year

Hehe... kids can't appreciate the feel of a balance chassis car going round the corner.. still as what I said, liking the car for a wrong reason.. Liking the appearance and enjoying the drive dynamics of the car is a total different thing altogether. For me, drive dynamics of the car is well worth the investment, a truly drive-before-u-die car, despite the crappy reliability and expensive parts for the car.

Astro...i want to buy e90 320i but i seen on this club members so many owner used 320d, so i wondering why you guys used diesel not petrol?

heee heee gameover, very cute son with his obsesson with B M W (can hear mum in the background too-bet the both of you first met at the BMW stand at KLIMS?.....was the video shot just after u bought the 320d? or was there another bmw you all used to own at home?

docrayboy;612104 said:
heee heee gameover, very cute son with his obsesson with B M W (can hear mum in the background too-bet the both of you first met at the BMW stand at KLIMS?.....was the video shot just after u bought the 320d? or was there another bmw you all used to own at home?

The 320d is my first BMW but the obsession started before that :D

Top Bottom