Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
andrewlim8;516450 said:
who lets the dog out......wo....wo.....

hehe.....i love this song
:wink:

p/s: already told u all, d smallest penis guy wont stop, rite.......hehe

Impress us then little andrew...go to the toilet..take your microscopic little birdy out, snap a pic of it, upload it on the forum and show us (but we may have to magnify the image a thousand times to see the pathetic specimen) your proud lim family heritage!

38441_7dtr2scy8f_l.jpg

affan66;516489 said:
what if diesel is sold at market price, when msia has Euro 4 maybe by 2011. will that RM10K be the same? or better since better fuel? contemplating contemplating

Hi affan and again let me say this ...it's not the price of the diesel or the petrol...it's the fun the diesel gives!! We know now already that every time a petrol-guzzling car(like the 325i) minum petrol and you have to isi tangki...mesti cukup sakit hati! if petrol or diesel goes up, both will go up together..at the moment there's no imminent increase becos they are scared shitless about losing the next election...so that's good for us car-freaks!

anxious;516461 said:
Judging from the response and hits, it would seem that the 320d has really got a lot of people thinking about diesel car.

You are getting one too, anxious?...after all the flak I'm getting after you started this topic! lol!

i think opinions are like arsehole..everyone has one. but arsehole is important, without which you cant defecate. i find this thread amusing and informative. my personal view, i'd go for a diesel 320d if only it had the idrive and steering mounted shift. but i end up with a 325, no regrets. but the pc is a killer. no wonder i see more and more bmw drivers driving conservatively (read: slowly). a fren bought a celica recently and is still laughing at me... his price and pc consumption nearly half of mind but with the same (or better) acceleration. of course i still love the 323 for a lot of other reasons.

You are right bash about arseholes and petrol consumption! 320d sips diesel with a tiny straw...full tank only MR96 and can tekan tekan still it lasts 725km....drive conservatively...800km. Both this figures in the city itself.

bash;516556 said:
i think opinions are like arsehole..everyone has one. but arsehole is important, without which you cant defecate. i find this thread amusing and informative. my personal view, i'd go for a diesel 320d if only it had the idrive and steering mounted shift. but i end up with a 325, no regrets. but the pc is a killer. no wonder i see more and more bmw drivers driving conservatively (read: slowly). a fren bought a celica recently and is still laughing at me... his price and pc consumption nearly half of mind but with the same (or better) acceleration. of course i still love the 323 for a lot of other reasons.

Wait for the bigger diesels bro....there'll be equipped with idrive and paddle mounted shifts!

damn frust got to know that the bigger 3 series diesels to be in by year end. just bought my320d some more. the 320d with paddle shifts would be awesome. don't mind not having the idrive so much but paddle shifters .... ohhhh best ...

I'd rather have the iDrive over the paddleshifts..the turbodiesels got so much torque that I don't realistically see the need for them.Put it in D or DS and off ya go.Even on my 335i,I barely use the paddleshifters cuz driving fast is just so effortless,that to use 'em would just not be emm,effortless! Nice novelty value tho..
The iDrive on the other hand opens up a whole new world,it complements the car's effortless speed building character.

My next 3er will probably be a turbodiesel,tho not the 320d la..its 335d or bust.

Fully agree with you Supergripen. I've used a paddleshifter before, and after the initial novelty value, I didn't use it after that. Same with Steptronic...I only tested that mine works. You don't need them if you have the torque and a good autobox.

iDrive on the other hand, I use practically every day. And Satnav, whenever I use it to go to areas I'm not familiar with, is absolutely invaluable. The latest was going through the maze of small roads that is Seri Kembangan to find a factory I had to go to...and then finding my way back to the Besraya highway. :top:

PS: It's not just Kuching, it's an undersea cable problem and the internet outage will affect the whole country until next weekend.

When i rev my engine on DS mode shifting with paddle shifters its still changes gears by itself after u hit the max required rpm unless like dual clutch stuffs like DCT/DSG is whole different story...anyway i still use it for engine breaking to assist my hard braking by dropping few gears through PS's and when i enter tunnels to hear the woooop noise haha

azmany72;516571 said:
damn frust got to know that the bigger 3 series diesels to be in by year end. just bought my320d some more. the 320d with paddle shifts would be awesome. don't mind not having the idrive so much but paddle shifters .... ohhhh best ...

Hey azmany...enjoy your 320d brudder...already so much torque and power...I feel 330d or 335d superfluous already...not necessary....already 160km/hr my average city driving speed...don't know how many samans already kena...what happen if got 330 or 335d? Mesti terlanggar satu atau dua orang tua atau budak sekolah....ha ha!!

docrayboy;516487 said:
Hi FIRZ! You save 10K on fuel costs alone annually if you get the diesel....on top of that, the fun you get from driving it (especially in DS mode :-D!) ...priceless! Two years of your life is still a big chunk of your life FIRZ...get the 320d...do yourself (and your wallet) a favour....drive the 320d for that 2 years. Talk to dzul...he's havin a blast too with his 320d... Ignore the other guys who pretend to own the 325i...and talk too much about something that's not theirs. cklein collecting his 320d soon.

Highly consider this 320d to replace my current E90 320 soon.But the resale value still holding me back, if buying at current market price. It is still unpredictable.Maybe the popularity and demand of 320d will help it to retain better resale value compared to previous diesel model.But the fun and joy of driving the car is undisputable.. test drive twice and agreed to that doc.

FIRZ67;516635 said:
Highly consider this 320d to replace my current E90 320 soon.But the resale value still holding me back, if buying at current market price. It is still unpredictable.Maybe the popularity and demand of 320d will help it to retain better resale value compared to previous diesel model.But the fun and joy of driving the car is undisputable.. test drive twice and agreed to that doc.

Yeah FIRZ keep it in DS gear mode and you'll realise no need paddle shifters. Tekan the pedal all the way to the floor till you feel the click (that's it downshifting the gears) and let the 320d fly! :wink:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-car-of-the-year-awards-2010/compact-executive-winner/246329

i am already "bought-in" on the diesels after i tested the 320d and 520d. Just want to hear your opinion on running costs if diesel is at market price.
As for me, I have two inline six (2.2 and a 2.5) so fuel is not really a factor but the engine smoothness and torque is key. 2.8 is torquey too but the roadtax is bit too high. So the D it is..

affan66;516680 said:
i am already "bought-in" on the diesels after i tested the 320d and 520d. Just want to hear your opinion on running costs if diesel is at market price.
As for me, I have two inline six (2.2 and a 2.5) so fuel is not really a factor but the engine smoothness and torque is key. 2.8 is torquey too but the roadtax is bit too high. So the D it is..

I think whatever market price there is....the diesel still makes sense in terms of cost-savings because I'm sure the govt is going to encourage a cleaner fuel i.e. diesel over petrol...Everybody around the world is going green...!! Malaysia will also follow suit...! Extra subsidies for diesel and hybrids!!

docrayboy;516685 said:
I think whatever market price there is....the diesel still makes sense in terms of cost-savings because I'm sure the govt is going to encourage a cleaner fuel i.e. diesel over petrol...Everybody around the world is going green...!! Malaysia will also follow suit...! Extra subsidies for diesel and hybrids!!

common misconception , diesel is NOT a green fuel..

Petrol – Petrol produces toxic exhaust chemicals such as carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and different types of nitrogen oxides. These not only contribute to global warming but also to acid rain and can damage human health. Unleaded petrol is the most environmentally friendly form of petrol, but other fuels are now available that will save you money and help the environment.

Diesel – Diesel cars have about a 30% better fuel efficiency than petrol powered vehicles. Diesel vehicles release less carbon dioxide than petrol powered cars, but release more volatile organic compounds (soot)and nitrous oxides contributing to ozone smog. Diesel is also produced from non-renewable energy sources, using up the worlds natural resources. The biggest downside to driving a diesel car has to do with emissions. Diesel cars may be cleaner than they used to be but they're still dirtier than gasoline cars, and a whole lot dirtier than a hybrid. And there's still a bit of a smell.
Diesel cars spit out more tiny particles of soot -- and more oxides of nitrogen (NOx), which contributes to smog. Thats why the exhaust is pointed to the ground, to minimize these soots from getting airborne...

so before you endorse diesel as a green fuel think again my friend!!!! the only diesel which is green is biodiesel !!!!! cheers:rock:

if 325d ,330d and 335d is here.....a lot of sport car also cant beat the diesel engine from BMW already, i humble guess....high tough,low rev green engine....

Top Bottom