Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Im also waiting for my kit from quill! Suppose to have a shipment today, SA told me it could be inside it...
So far the 320d has been bloody addictive! Im always jumping out of bed just revving to drive..lol
so far fuel econ is about 9.4l/100km, from the initial 11.7l/100km when i got the car. Expecting it to drop further!

carlsson;683577 said:
Im also waiting for my kit from quill! Suppose to have a shipment today, SA told me it could be inside it...
So far the 320d has been bloody addictive! Im always jumping out of bed just revving to drive..lol
so far fuel econ is about 9.4l/100km, from the initial 11.7l/100km when i got the car. Expecting it to drop further!

You must have a heavy right foot, carlsson bro!! your FC is about 2L/100km more than the rest of us!! enjoy the diesel beast!!

docrayboy;683772 said:
You must have a heavy right foot, carlsson bro!! your FC is about 2L/100km more than the rest of us!! enjoy the diesel beast!!

Haha.. So I've been told docRay! But my buddy who use to be in BMW Malaysia told me the fires will drop even more considering it just hit 1000kms and only my third fuel up. I've just sent it for major detailing work at autodetailer at jaya one, so can't wait to get it back! Sad thing is my replacement ride is a persona and it sucks asssssssss

carlsson;683577 said:

wow, 9.4-11.7 is the highest i've seen for any of our cars so far. what's your odo mileage at present? how far can you go on a full tank?
haha...or perhaps you're a pedal to the metal kind of guy, and if so, 9.4l/100km is a fair trade off for being able to tapao all others on the road hehe.
2 things i might try if i was in your shoes and if you have broken in your car - one is to pour in some fuel conditioner to wash your injectors (e.g. x1r diesel), and the other is to try doing a gearbox reset to remove the heavy throttle "tuning" that might be locked in now.

have fun with your torque monster!

Maniac;683940 said:
....doing a gearbox reset to remove the heavy throttle "tuning" that might be locked in now....

bro, noob question.... how to do the gearbox reset?

eric_s;683954 said:
bro, noob question.... how to do the gearbox reset?

try this.
insert key fob, press push start button without depressing gas pedal. car electronics should switch on.
press your accelerator pedal all the way down and hold for 30seconds.
you may hear a whirr if you listen carefully.
whalla! adaptive transmission has been reset. it'll now watch how you drive and adapt the shifts to your style.
so drive safely, but aggressively :D

Maniac;683940 said:
wow, 9.4-11.7 is the highest i've seen for any of our cars so far. what's your odo mileage at present? how far can you go on a full tank?
haha...or perhaps you're a pedal to the metal kind of guy, and if so, 9.4l/100km is a fair trade off for being able to tapao all others on the road hehe.
2 things i might try if i was in your shoes and if you have broken in your car - one is to pour in some fuel conditioner to wash your injectors (e.g. x1r diesel), and the other is to try doing a gearbox reset to remove the heavy throttle "tuning" that might be locked in now.

have fun with your torque monster!

hahaha...so ive been told maniac! ODO would have hit 1000ks i think. the first half tank filled up by quill gave me about 300 plus. second tank full tank was 700 plus. I think ive been holding back on the pedal to the metal , but there were times i just went a bit nuts. Im running in the car with normal driving ( hard break in ), hitting just below 3500 rpm, and one or two 4000 rpms runs when i was a bit greedy. But i will try to reduce the numbers, as that was one of the major reasons why i got the car in the first place.
Btw, how did you brake in your car, and whats the estimated mileage for a decent break in?
thanks for the gearbox reset tip and I'll def. look at the fuel conditioner for injectors cleaning!
can't wait to get it back on Tuesday!

Maniac;683988 said:
try this.
insert key fob, press push start button without depressing gas pedal. car electronics should switch on.
press your accelerator pedal all the way down and hold for 30seconds.
you may hear a whirr if you listen carefully.
whalla! adaptive transmission has been reset. it'll now watch how you drive and adapt the shifts to your style.
so drive safely, but aggressively :D

can we reset the gearbox as many times and possible?

carlsson;684001 said:
can we reset the gearbox as many times and possible?

Yes, not sure what advantage that will have though since it's relearning your style every time.

Remember when you press the accelerator the engine is OFF. I've read other people in the forums do it with the engine on, redlining for 30 seconds :D

carlsson;684000 said:
hahaha...so ive been told maniac! ODO would have hit 1000ks i think. the first half tank filled up by quill gave me about 300 plus. second tank full tank was 700 plus. I think ive been holding back on the pedal to the metal , but there were times i just went a bit nuts. Im running in the car with normal driving ( hard break in ), hitting just below 3500 rpm, and one or two 4000 rpms runs when i was a bit greedy. But i will try to reduce the numbers, as that was one of the major reasons why i got the car in the first place.
Btw, how did you brake in your car, and whats the estimated mileage for a decent break in?
thanks for the gearbox reset tip and I'll def. look at the fuel conditioner for injectors cleaning!
can't wait to get it back on Tuesday!

wow bro, u revved it up to 4k? I don't dare to even touch anything more than 3.5k (break in period hv to observe and comply as per stated in the manual)
my 1st full tank guzzled returned 605kms to be exact (8.9l/100km) 95% city and stop-go traffic
am now on my 2nd tank, halfway mark clocking 350kms, same driving conditions.
ODO now ard 1300km.. cant wait for it to exceed 2000km (break in mileage as per manual)
BTW, can PM me the cost for your detailing? how many days do you have to leave your car there? any courtesy ride?
autodetailers is one of the vendors listed under white card privileges.. did you get any discounts?

eric_s;684067 said:
wow bro, u revved it up to 4k? I don't dare to even touch anything more than 3.5k (break in period hv to observe and comply as per stated in the manual)
my 1st full tank guzzled returned 605kms to be exact (8.9l/100km) 95% city and stop-go traffic
am now on my 2nd tank, halfway mark clocking 350kms, same driving conditions.
ODO now ard 1300km.. cant wait for it to exceed 2000km (break in mileage as per manual)
BTW, can PM me the cost for your detailing? how many days do you have to leave your car there? any courtesy ride?
autodetailers is one of the vendors listed under white card privileges.. did you get any discounts?

There's a break in mileage as per manual?! dayumm...better have a read of it tonight!

Im guessing my readings a bit off, since I managed to get 600+ on a full tank. Sweet, we both got our rides about the same time then.:D Will tell you more about the detailing via PM later..

Sifus', any adv on performance exhaust for our 320d (cost 4k) quoted by Quill? (saw the exhaust in Roland's car).

Pez;681988 said:
Eric, when do u plan to go?? im itching to get mine cut up as well. maybe we can go together?? huhu

paging for Pez... u free for a visit to Kelvin?
planning for next weekend or the weekend after (provided ada stock ler)
let me know pls...

Neo;686707 said:
Sifus', any adv on performance exhaust for our 320d (cost 4k) quoted by Quill? (saw the exhaust in Roland's car).

I wanted to install the performance exhaust. I checked with Quill and they said it is not meant for 320d and will not improve/enhance our car. Dang........

eric_s;687943 said:
paging for Pez... u free for a visit to Kelvin?
planning for next weekend or the weekend after (provided ada stock ler)
let me know pls...

eric, yup im free any weekends; if u wana go by next weekend it would be great. ill PM u my number, easy to text me.
about stock i also dont know, any bros here have any idea if kelvin still have stock for the remus tip??

Pez;688011 said:
eric, yup im free any weekends; if u wana go by next weekend it would be great. ill PM u my number, easy to text me.
about stock i also dont know, any bros here have any idea if kelvin still have stock for the remus tip??

Yo Pez,
Gave a quick call to Kelvin and he has stock!
Checked his website and realised that his shop is very close to my office (

Top Bottom