Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Congrats, neo. I think your SA thinks you may be over-hauling the entire exhaust box. The tail tip is purely a cosmetic change and just about the only thing BMW will not warranty on this mod is if the welding rusts. Unless they can prove that blowing soot straightwards affect a negative change in engine performance, you hv nothing to fear. And there are many cases where BMW provides goodwill warranty even after the bsri expires, I guess they won't hv 'rascals' printed on their foreheads. So, go ahead. You hv already made the first step to the dark side. Now, plunge right in with the tailtip, powerkit or vector and performance brakekit.

Looks like the new f30 d will also mount this 184hp/380nm powerplant. Not surprising considering the number of accolades and critical acclaims worldwide on it's refine-ness and benchmark for diesel engines.

Neo;682027 said:
Hi all, I'm newbie.
Just collected my 320d from Quill yesterday and planning to change the tail tip. But the SA suggesting not to change so soon and is there any issues with warranty?

hey there Neo.welcome and enjoy your 320d.

word of advice : intro yourself in the newbie section or else abang senior come and scold u.hehehe

Pez;681988 said:
Eric, when do u plan to go?? im itching to get mine cut up as well. maybe we can go together?? huhu

yo pez, most prob gonna change in mid Dec latest, coz damn bz nowadays...
will pm you when i m free, then we go if u can wait.....

Double barrel Remus Tip looks good on the Alpine White. Any Sifus got a photo how it looks on black Sapphire much appreciated?

Thank you Kuntakinte...planning for tailtip and splitters before move on to other parts...:)

namidub;682061 said:
hey there Neo.welcome and enjoy your 320d.

word of advice : intro yourself in the newbie section or else abang senior come and scold u.hehehe

Noted namidub.....just done.

docrayboy;678325 said:
u hv 2 decide-not this forum. when do u want to marry? have your first kid? buy yr first property? life's endless decisions............come to our next TT and we will tell u......a lot of sifus here...sifus on cars, marriage(astroboy-wife nearly divorced him many times after he became busy as bmwcm treasurer.....hee hee), love(ay39) etc....

Honestly... when is the next TT... would like to meet members such as Docrayboy and Astroboy.... it seems like such coincidence that both nick also end with "boy"

SapphireBlack;682252 said:
Honestly... when is the next TT... would like to meet members such as Docrayboy and Astroboy.... it seems like such coincidence that both nick also end with "boy"

got mini Vector demo TT at Citta Mall this sunday.
docray gonna be there since he want to up his car to 200hp 450nm. hehehe

namidub;682253 said:
got mini Vector demo TT at Citta Mall this sunday.
docray gonna be there since he want to up his car to 200hp 450nm. hehehe

Hi Sapphire Black!!Join us tomorrow diesel TT and Vector demo of what a turbodiesel engine can be tuned to do in 5 minutes with a magix box!! -free small makan thrown in by the vendor!

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?41677-Vector-in-320d-or-520d...&p=681144&highlight=vector#post681144

320d 520d Vector Talk and On-The-Spot Demo Drives conducted by vTorque
Time: 8 pm and above
Date: Sunday 23rd October
Place: Citta Mall Carpark, Ara Damansara http://www.citta.com.my/

Participants
1. Wuk51
2. namidub
3. docrayboy-320d 2009 December 177Hp 350Nm-pls boost up to 200hp 400nm torque thank u
4. tradingcrew
5. tazztham
6. zhul - 320d
7. Ronnie2k9
8. azmany72 - 320d early adopter cannot install powerkit

SapphireBlack;682252 said:

Participants
1. Wuk51
2. namidub
3. docrayboy-320d 2009 December 177Hp 350Nm-pls boost up to 200hp 400nm torque thank u
4. tradingcrew
5. tazztham
6. zhul - 320d
7. Ronnie2k9

ha ha.....I chose the name docrayboy years ago when I was a teenager......now I am stuck with it.....just like Backstreet Boys, Boyzone...all grown up men now!! don't know about how astroboy got his name though...

drove my 320d from JB to Mersing to Pekan to Kuantan to Kerteh in just a quarter tank last week!! this diesel beast is a real FC saver when it comes to long distant driving:cool:

i wonder what would the FC be for the same distant with a 325i?:smokin: hehe

I believed I missed 2 events related to turbo-diesel (one the Quill Demo Day) and (another this vector TT thingy)... Like no fate :106:

Anyway... when would they be any TT to show us how powderful the Powerkitted 320d? Can I actually asked for a demo from Quill? :driver:

Just so curious about this torque monster and its super good FC :41:

docrayboy;682473 said:

Participants
1. Wuk51
2. namidub
4. tradingcrew
5. tazztham
6. zhul - 320d
7. Ronnie2k9

ha ha.....I chose the name docrayboy years ago when I was a teenager......now I am stuck with it.....just like Backstreet Boys, Boyzone...all grown up men now!! don't know about how astroboy got his name though...

SapphireBlack;683172 said:
I believed I missed 2 events related to turbo-diesel (one the Quill Demo Day) and (another this vector TT thingy)... Like no fate :106:

Anyway... when would they be any TT to show us how powderful the Powerkitted 320d? Can I actually asked for a demo from Quill? :driver:

Just so curious about this torque monster and its super good FC :41:

On the maximum setting ie 7, the Vector is like a raging bull unleashed on the Subang Airport road!FC didn't go up by much neither did the temperature of the engine-my performance steering wheel can measure the car's temperature. Shall i list your name down for a group buy? cheaper that way.

Whichever way u look at it, the vector is a very good buy for the price of $1.5k esp for those who can't (177hp owners) upgrade to the powerkit or those looking for interim rush whilst pondering over the powerkit. I guess, as long as sensibility prevails (ie not fixating the setting to 7 permanently), it should not stress out on the car's internals esp for the 184hp version which is already equipped with the uprated torque converter

docrayboy;683201 said:
On the maximum setting ie 7, the Vector is like a raging bull unleashed on the Subang Airport road!FC didn't go up by much neither did the temperature of the engine-my performance steering wheel can measure the car's temperature. Shall i list your name down for a group buy? cheaper that way.

Still have to move aside when the real raging bull comes on :(

kuntakinte, some of my client have have their setting at 7. Power hungry lah. But FC will suffer.

kuntakinte;683257 said:
Whichever way u look at it, the vector is a very good buy for the price of $1.5k esp for those who can't (177hp owners) upgrade to the powerkit or those looking for interim rush whilst pondering over the powerkit. I guess, as long as sensibility prevails (ie not fixating the setting to 7 permanently), it should not stress out on the car's internals esp for the 184hp version which is already equipped with the uprated torque converter

so what are the numbers like on the uprated torque converters? 450nm max?

kuntakinte;683257 said:

I heard that there are only three takers so far for the PK at Quill. Thats
1) You
2) Me
3) I dont know who :)

tradingcrew;683308 said:
I heard that there are only three takers so far for the PK at Quill. Thats
1) You
2) Me
3) I dont know who :)

That makes us highly endangered, no? :) I guess the others r pretty contented with the stock performance which by any account, is already highly respectable.

There's still no news from quill yet on when our kit is arriving tho'

initialM;683279 said:
Drive BMW must not need to worry bout fuel la.

Pardon me, bro but I think that's a highly irresponsible statement. I believe even if one drives a BMW, it is not an excuse to be reckless with our obligations. In more ways, we need to be ever conscious, be it for civic or economic considerations.

It's called responsible motoring and is the very essence of the modern BMW ideals

Top Bottom