Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Ski_bunny;651303 said:
You should consider the 320d 2011 instead of the 2010. No regrets for having the idrive.
The 325 straight 6 sounds fantastic when you rev the engine, but feeding the car with RON97 is certainly not cheap these days.
Choose wisely...

agreed.go for 2011 320d. comes with idrive, and Brake Energy Regenerative (BER) for slightly better FC i believe.

namidub;651601 said:
not that i know of but there are the Premium Selections
Unfortunately most of the premium selections don't come with the iDrive models. Probably have to wait a year. Saw one only with iDrive but the price difference isnt that much compared to a new unit

I think there are.i know some of our members who got their premium 320d with idrive.
Have u contacted Quill,AB,Ingress and check with them? not all the cars available are shown on the website.
have to ask them though.

yup.. go to meet the SA laa mavic bro and echoesian bro.. tell them ur preference.. book a time to test drive.. no harm asking and testing.. furthermore, why shy away if u want to know whats best for u?

namidub;651366 said:
agreed.go for 2011 320d. comes with idrive, and Brake Energy Regenerative (BER) for slightly better FC i believe.

Actually... i agree that the 320d would have really good fuel economy in comparison to 325i BUT of course the high revving nature of the straight 6 and the sound.... simply addictive! I was going at 230++ somewhere being chased by a turbocharged Saab and Audi 2.0T.... and the velocity sound of high RPM and stability of the M-Sport is simply marvelous!!! and i'm running on RON95 (Petronas Primax 95 Extra) and I found performance to be almost the same as Shell V-Power 97. So... in the end... simply.. I'm loving it :)

p/s: I think the new batch of 325i do have BER (Brake Energy Regenerative).... and on top of that... u r most probably buying a soon to be rare N52 inline 6 before the next generation turbo-charged engine arrives....

nice one SapphireBlack.
either u choose the frugality nature of a turbodiesel without compromising power or
the soon to be rare inline 6 sweet sound of a 325i.The decision is yours to make.
u get to enjoy the sheer driving pleasure irregardless! Happy choosing!

echoesian;652936 said:
Is it Diesel engine more tahan lama?

yep, in general that is true...for these few reasons:
+ diesel engines are lower rev engines
+ because of the high compression ratios required for autoignition, many parts of the engine is forged and can withstand higher pressures
+ diesel itself has lubricating properties, and act to lower friction between moving parts in the fuel/combustion system

muhaiminrahim;651704 said:
yup.. go to meet the SA laa mavic bro and echoesian bro.. tell them ur preference.. book a time to test drive.. no harm asking and testing.. furthermore, why shy away if u want to know whats best for u?

Thanks bro, will go and check with the SA on Saturday! Which branch normally has the 320d for a test drive?

Mavik;652973 said:
Thanks bro, will go and check with the SA on Saturday! Which branch normally has the 320d for a test drive?

Today tested a 320d at Ingress, the impression was the car is very heavy thus the steering is also heavy. The car itself really compact the interior is really pack, the leather seat is comfortable but the surface is very kasar not as soft as my sofa :). Drove the car slowly from the showroom to outside small road, feel the car is not really powerful but after tekan a bit the torque kicks in already. After turn one round at penchala link, park inside went out to hear the engine sound, really got that old school diesel sound but inside cannot hear. But it still cannot fight a GTI in terms of performance

Hi guys, after reading on so many posting on the 320d... My mind is clear now, hehehe... I am getting the 320d, anyone knows any SA around that can give me good service and good discounts on the premium selection ?? I wish to get a 320d m-sport white color =p

echoesian;652988 said:
Today tested a 320d at Ingress, the impression was the car is very heavy thus the steering is also heavy. The car itself really compact the interior is really pack, the leather seat is comfortable but the surface is very kasar not as soft as my sofa :). Drove the car slowly from the showroom to outside small road, feel the car is not really powerful but after tekan a bit the torque kicks in already. After turn one round at penchala link, park inside went out to hear the engine sound, really got that old school diesel sound but inside cannot hear. But it still cannot fight a GTI in terms of performance

The 3-series is more than 100kg heavier than the VW Golf GTI plus the GTI's DSG gearbox is miles ahead of the slushbox in the 320d. Putting the gear in DS makes a big difference in terms of response though.

Speaking of the steering wheel, the E36 had a heavy steering and the owners complained. So BMW made the E46 with a lighter steering and the enthusiasts complained. I guess you can't win them all :D

ronnie2k9;657392 said:
Hi guys, after reading on so many posting on the 320d... My mind is clear now, hehehe... I am getting the 320d, anyone knows any SA around that can give me good service and good discounts on the premium selection ?? I wish to get a 320d m-sport white color =p

come come and join our growing 320d community.
great choice on Alpinweiss! wont regret it.

intermission :
attachment.php

See,space grey vs alpine white? LOL muhaiminrahim dont be mad ya..

ronnie2k9;657392 said:

Call Alex Tang from Quill PJ 019 220 1660-he's nice guy who knows his cars!

namidub;657489 said:
come come and join our growing 320d community.
great choice on Alpinweiss! wont regret it.

intermission :
attachment.php

See,space grey vs alpine white? LOL muhaiminrahim dont be mad ya..

nice shot of a performance edition next to the idrive fin-ed version.
also, i like the look of the 2 mat diesels sitting in front of McD's enjoying the view of their oil burners. hehe.

oh, alpenweiss FTW la...looks great, but a real pain to maintain!

Maniac;657523 said:
also, i like the look of the 2 mat diesels sitting in front of McD's enjoying the view of their oil burners. hehe.

Alpinweiss not really pain la.just need some Tender Loving Care (TLC) only.hehehe
oh btw the two guys r my friend whom i've been poisoning to get a bimmer-diesels.
*poison*

Maniac;657523 said:

somehow, even with the europlate on, my m-spot 320d still looks dull compared to the alpenweiss performance edition 320d:listen:

Top Bottom