Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Diesel is not a green fuel but current diesel technology is; irrespective of manufacturer. That's why the govt gives road tax concessions for green engines.

achtung;516926 said:
common misconception , diesel is NOT a green fuel..

Petrol – Petrol produces toxic exhaust chemicals such as carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and different types of nitrogen oxides. These not only contribute to global warming but also to acid rain and can damage human health. Unleaded petrol is the most environmentally friendly form of petrol, but other fuels are now available that will save you money and help the environment.

Diesel – Diesel cars have about a 30% better fuel efficiency than petrol powered vehicles. Diesel vehicles release less carbon dioxide than petrol powered cars, but release more volatile organic compounds (soot)and nitrous oxides contributing to ozone smog. Diesel is also produced from non-renewable energy sources, using up the worlds natural resources. The biggest downside to driving a diesel car has to do with emissions. Diesel cars may be cleaner than they used to be but they're still dirtier than gasoline cars, and a whole lot dirtier than a hybrid. And there's still a bit of a smell.
Diesel cars spit out more tiny particles of soot -- and more oxides of nitrogen (NOx), which contributes to smog. Thats why the exhaust is pointed to the ground, to minimize these soots from getting airborne...

so before you endorse diesel as a green fuel think again my friend!!!! the only diesel which is green is biodiesel !!!!! cheers:rock:

Last I heard, the latest debate is that diesel engines are even greener than hybrids!! So, there must be some truth that diesel is greener than other fuels...

docrayboy.. i think what u r tryin to say is 320d is an efficient engine.. pls don't confuse it by saying its green too !!!

coz its not!!!!! just like petrol engines !!!!!

Relax achtung...calm down....I see andrew and david always waiting in the corner ready to thank people with opposing opinions to mine..:-D!

Gonna take the 320d for a spin...vroooommmmm! What's the use of a green engine if you don't use it? ha ha!!

mine is not so green and not so powderful than 320d and worse of all consume so much petrol... so what else can i say but to just click "thanks" to those appropriate posts lor :D

just my 2 cents to everyone.... let us just enjoy our ride with this BMW logo, be it 320i, 320d, 323i, 325i, 330i or 335i or even future 325d, 330d & 335d... afterall all are BMW :D

zhul;517101 said:
Tempting... but may wait for the 2 year warranty to be over.

Checkout an Indian guy's experience superchipping his 320d. His improvement in the 0-100 time is amazing. I am getting about 8.5s with a full tank.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...y-new-black-beauty-220-bhp-320d-highline.html

Funny huh superchipping the 320d? How can torque and hp go up without increase in fuel consumption? Despite what they say about increasing low-end torque helps save fuel. Doesn't make sense...My motoring editor friend also said the gearbox might not be able to handle the increases....:rolleyes:

David Yong;517078 said:
mine is not so green and not so powderful than 320d and worse of all consume so much petrol... so what else can i say but to just click "thanks" to those appropriate posts lor :D

just my 2 cents to everyone.... let us just enjoy our ride with this BMW logo, be it 320i, 320d, 323i, 325i, 330i or 335i or even future 325d, 330d & 335d... afterall all are BMW :D

Yes David, this is the forum to unite and not to sow seeds of discontentment. We all love BMW! Let's meet up and kiss up this May 7th at the F10 launch! Call your friends andrewlim and schweppes too!:wink:

David Yong;517078 said:

:top: yes bro ... ultimately all are UDMs .... diesel, bio or not .... :biggrin::rock:

dzuljazz2001;517365 said:
:top: yes bro ... ultimately all are UDMs .... diesel, bio or not .... :biggrin::rock:

Dzul, going to the F10 launch next week bro at KLCC? We should meet up then!:wink:

Managed to speak to someone who upgraded from 2006 325i to 2009 320d. The take off sluggishness once complained by anxious in the 325i is considered SOLVED! in the 320d. Hope this help in your decision.. :wink:

Astroboy, you still remember my complaint, I'm impress. Yes I agree the 320d has no such issues but I think the LCI 325 also doesnt have that issue anymore. What is ur friend's overall comment?

Some say this and some that...just have a sprint test with two models lar then u will definately knw the facts...problem solved..:cool:

stop comparing apple to an orange :burnout:

why???

coz
0-200km/hr

325i = 27s
320d = 42s +

not same class...sorry!!!

Top Bottom