Mazda Miata MX-5

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bimmerman, as you have 2 family-oriented rides it looks like the best option is to ditch the e34 for the Miata, but the problem is getting a loan. I wonder, what other options are there to raise the balance?

If you want to save petrol spending and still have fun, you should consider the Savvy. Its quite entertaining!

Hmm, the comment that its a chick's car certainly warrants a fuller response, in due course. On the same note, surely a 318i E46 is the ultimate mistress ride.

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Mar 3 2006, 02:32 PM
Bimmerman, as you have 2 family-oriented rides it looks like the best option is to ditch the e34 for the Miata, but the problem is getting a loan. I wonder, what other options are there to raise the balance?
1. refinance the e34
2. refinance the house
3. refinance the wife... ooops! :D

when there is a will, there IS a way!! :rofl:

Originally posted by ah lian@Mar 1 2006, 04:00 PM

chick magnets,
Sorry.. I just had to hijack!

ah lian... chick magnet huh...? hmmm... interesting...

ok bye!

There has only been 2 seriously serious chicks in my life.

First Chick 1990-1991 : Picked her up on a Volvo 740. Yeah, a fat arse Volvo. Dated her for a year and hit second base. Then she left me for a musician.

Second Chick 1999-and going strong: Mercedes Benz W123 Turbocharged with a Supra twin turbo engine. 225BHP. Parking lot doughnuts and powerslides everytime. She married me! E34 was the wedding car.

I don't know. I kinda like the E34 very very much.....

Originally posted by seb@Mar 3 2006, 11:23 AM
Bimmerman,

Keep your 5 series and get a well maintained Tiara for 4K. Engine a lot sweeter and more reponsive than a Kelisa, is a continental car and it can go 0-100 in 12s. Town driving can get at least 500km for 40L. Relatively comfy but..... extremely crappy handling and zero image ! I own one .... :p Cabut!!! :beaten: :ph34r:
Yeah, I really really love the Tiara! (FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!) :p

But the TRM a.k.a Savvy is not bad. Only thing is Front Wheel Drive! Enough front wheel drive!!!

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Mar 3 2006, 02:32 PM

If you want to save petrol spending and still have fun, you should consider the Savvy. Its quite entertaining!

Hmm, the comment that its a chick's car certainly warrants a fuller response, in due course. On the same note, surely a 318i E46 is the ultimate mistress ride.
Let's see what I've learnt so far.....

Savvy -> Girl friday car
Miata -> Guy car but crossdressers also apply
E46 -> Mistress
E34 -> Macho macho man!!! B)

:p

Originally posted by bimmerman@Mar 3 2006, 03:24 PM
She married me! E34 was the wedding car.

I don't know. I kinda like the E34 very very much.....
Now that is putting into a different perspective.... that E34 has sentimental value.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :nyehehe:

1. Car can refinance meh? :dunno:
most definitely. might be cheaper if you 'sell' it to your relative/best fren etc.

2. I don't got no house. :(
other properties will do. get an overdraft facility. interests in half if paid off in installments like a hp.

3. Cannot refinance the wife, she's still financing one of my cars!!! :rofl:
oh well. she is quite an asset.

just buy it! Miata MX5 will be a collectable car soon and 2nd hand prices shouldn't go down anymore, might even go up as time goes by. One of my favourite cars! In fact my hotmail account is named after miatamx5@hotmaill.com coz I was crazy about the car, only reason I didn't buy it is due to the nature of it being a 2 seater and I need some rear space. Might get it as a 2nd car though once I've sold my other cars.

I have to agree that this is one of the very few japanese cars which has soul and character!

Originally posted by DanPromote@Mar 3 2006, 05:27 PM
just buy it! Miata MX5 will be a collectable car soon and 2nd hand prices shouldn't go down anymore, might even go up as time goes by. One of my favourite cars! In fact my hotmail account is named after miatamx5@hotmaill.com coz I was crazy about the car, only reason I didn't buy it is due to the nature of it being a 2 seater and I need some rear space. Might get it as a 2nd car though once I've sold my other cars.

I have to agree that this is one of the very few japanese cars which has soul and character!
Not only got soul and character. Saves fuel too!!!

E34 is a keeper.

So I guess it's down to which 2 cars to sell:

1. Sell the Sentra --> Still got value. RM25K maybe
2. Sell the Bluebird --> No value already

Hmmm..... Sell the Sentra I guess and find another 15K to buy the Miata. I hear HSBC is giving out personal loans. Hmmm.....

MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA :blink:

I had a 5 year car loan with PBB and my payment record was perfect. My payments were never on time. Instead, I always paid early. I'm wondering if this has any influence on getting another loan from them and a better interest rate? Perhaps even get a loan approved for the unfinanceable Miata?

Anyone? :)

Originally posted by nikazwaa@Mar 3 2006, 06:51 PM
KEMBARA, KEMBARA, KEMBARA!
Ok, I geddit. Tit for Tat right? :D Sorry loh. :(

Hey Nik, care to answer my question? Regarding good payment record and getting another loan? :dunno:

Top Bottom