F30 328i Do something about the bouncy ride!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
JHLuke

frankly, after some 25000km, i dont have the tuk tuk sound from my ride. i dont know why some owners are assuming that as a norm in 328 M sport.
As for the rear passengers getting sick, i think this has something to do with the driver's driving style. you see, the car has a lot of power and low-end torque and when you drive alone, there is a tendency for you to drive aggressively to "feel" the power which involves sudden brake and speed - in other words, u drive like you stole it. However, when you're carrying passengers, you have to change your driving style and understand all those sudden brake and speed will make the rear passengers uncomfortable. So far, i have no complain from my parents and nephews/nieces everytime they take a ride in my car as i adjust my driving style when they are with me.

wow you are good at adjusting to your passenger. me then to get lost / carried away forgetting others in car tossing them around......

good old topic to discuss..after survey few dealers .. economical method is to install H&R Sway Bars front and rear (estiamte MYR2.5k)...if budget not a barrier..i belief KW V2 (MYR8k) or ST (MYR6k+++) (street comofort).. fully adjustable high/low..soft/hard... will be the best choice for F30 to reduce body roll...

for F30 with adaptive dampers...got to sacrifice on manual adjustment if coilovers in your list..

maybe bilstien + H&R spring...

if anyone have better suggestion.. pls share it..i am been keep on reading this topic because i really not satisfy with my car suspension after 2 months driving... hope can settle this soon...

alvinkstan.. sway bars won't do much to fix the problem of soft suspension.

if u like the std height and don't mind havin a clear gap between tyre & fender, simple budget solution is to match the stock springs with Bilstein B6.

Keep on reading and join tt sessions

I found that b6 comes with adaptive call DampTronic.. Dun know available for f30..

Kengkok... U may go to auto future for bilstein products...

The basic B6 is non-adaptive. Cost less than 4k. Authorised importer is Autofuture.
Check out the Members Meet-up section for tt sessions at various locations.
Specifically for F30, tt sessions r also posted on FB's F30 Rusted Jackets group.

so theres no ohlins available for the f30
thanks for some of the suggestions posted above

anyone has experience with the m-performance setup?

M Perf set up is firmer than the non-adaptive M Sport but not as stiff as the H&R-B8 combo.
Body roll is also reduced as it comes with ARB upgrades.
Overall am quite happy with the optimised handling dynamics. Comfort is not entirely abandoned, but u know u r driving a performance oriented driving machine

alvinkstan said:
I found that b6 comes with adaptive call DampTronic.. Dun know available for f30..

Kengkok... U may go to auto future for bilstein products...

why would u guys still wanting to spend so much more .. when u can get ridiculous good value n servicable inverted monotube in kl..... ? those whoo test drived my car,,, are all convinced .. aiyo...

alantiong said:
why would u guys still wanting to spend so much more .. when u can get ridiculous good value n servicable inverted monotube in kl..... ? those whoo test drived my car,,, are all convinced .. aiyo...
Agree with Alan, why waste money la.. No need to get the German ones la as the local product is not bad and much cheaper lo..

Which local product u all guys referring too?.. Local made suspension I was quoted at 5.5k.. That's pretty expansive..not cheap at all..

alvinkstan said:
Which local product u all guys referring too?.. Local made suspension I was quoted at 5.5k.. That's pretty expansive..not cheap at all..
I think they referring to the Titan setup but the price isn't all that cheap either.

Yeah.. To be frank I no try Titan ... Eager to try but no time... If Titan really can give what I want.. No harm paying that price cause is serviceable..one thing is must last long.. Can last 70k - 80k millage is good enough..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alantiong said:
A full set of Titan coilovers are not cheap at all, I was quoted >RM4k for a set for my car

A good quality after market coil over set is not going to be cheap. To save money, I normally source my after market parts from Singapore as parts are cheaper there due lower tax. There's also more choices available. Besides, there's a healthy and active second hand market in Singapore where you can find good bargain for used after market parts. Singaporeans are rich and likes to upgrade their car. Just join the Singapore BMW forum for more info.

Top Bottom