EVO8

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by jester@Mar 4 2006, 06:23 AM
actually i like the c-class brabus with 5.5 v8 engine

big fat engine in a small packaging.

but i think for value for money, i'll take the evo anytime
well,if u're talking about having it all i think the Evo doesn't fit the bill..yes its damn fast but its got no ride whatsoever not to mention luxury.like i said,to have it all u need a lot of money cuz perfection doesn't come cheap.

and yes,between the Scoob and the Evo i'd choose the Scoob anytime cuz its got gobs of character and charisma..STi Spec C RA to be exact

the new S65 for me is the car that has it all.do a search and have a look and you'll see what i mean.Autocar even calls the new S the best car in the world.but again money will always be the main obstacle..

unfortunately the ideal world and the real world are worlds apart.

that is why mere mortals like us can only afford the evo/sti

if i own an evo or sti, i still won't be able to exploit these cars' full potential.........simply because i am not tommi makinen, colin mcrae or even mike schumacher.

Originally posted by jester@Mar 4 2006, 11:38 PM
unfortunately the ideal world and the real world are worlds apart.

that is why mere mortals like us can only afford the evo/sti

if i own an evo or sti, i still won't be able to exploit these cars' full potential.........simply because i am not tommi makinen, colin mcrae or even mike schumacher.
agreed..so we try to make the best of what we have..

I've never believed in compromise, and I think compromise is inevitable when you try to have a "do it all" car.

Thus, I prefer the 2 car principal- one easy to drive, day to day, car and one balls out, weekend only car.

It really doesn't need to be that expensive either- say, a Perdana for everyday use and a second hand Evo 6 for weekends/trackdays.

Think you could do the pair for around rm200k?

i think the evo should be civilized enough for daily driving.

a car is meant to be driven.

not kept in the garage :)

p/s..........always wanted the red tme evo 6

For a daily driver the arch rival is a better choice. It's got a much better ride. The EVO8 is just too stiffly sprung for our roads. Which arch rival? The scooby-doobie-doo of course. :)

a lot of people say that the scooby's built quality is so good that it feels like a conti. i guess that's why the europeans especially our friend jeremy clarkson prefers the sti over the evo.

i sat in an evo 7 few months ago and the interior was rattling like bad each time the car hits a pothole. it's that bad.

Originally posted by bimmerman@Mar 5 2006, 10:10 AM
For a daily driver the arch rival is a better choice. It's got a much better ride. The EVO8 is just too stiffly sprung for our roads. Which arch rival? The scooby-doobie-doo of course. :)
yeah..exactly the reasons why i prefer the STi.its more of a thinking man's Evo of sorts.

antway,just took a ride in a Skyline GT-T owned by one of my co-pilot.i must say its pretty brisk and very very civilised.the car has put another dimension in the small world of jap turbo rides..wonder if the RB26DETT can fit a 4door Skyline GT-T's chassis? hmmm..... :nyehehe:

Originally posted by jester@Mar 6 2006, 01:55 PM
i'm sure it can

'malaysia boleh'
hahaha...i hope so cuz it sounds like a good project.

sorry wrong thread but a 4door er34 with GT-R running gear wud be fantastic! minimum(relatively)cost and very different from the mainstream..

Originally posted by jester@Mar 7 2006, 12:55 PM
but it won't be 4wd
indeed..and that's where the flaw lies.

dunno for sure but er34 4door can't take the GT-R's drivetrain..gotta confirm this.

Top Bottom