Mazda Miata MX-5

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by bimmerman@Mar 1 2006, 04:02 PM
Ah Lian is a guy? :blink: and I thought you were coming onto me. :rolleyes:
:rofl: nice one. i wear pants but errmmm is lacking in the correct oem equipment. coming on to you? wot did i do?

if you want your cuteness inspected, please pm for an appointment. there will be no queue jumping. thank you.

you are welcomed to check out my eunos roadster (which is the japan domestic market version) of the mx5 at pndc, puchong this weekend.

please pm your contact and i will let you know.

Originally posted by ah lian@Mar 1 2006, 04:14 PM
you are welcomed to check out my eunos roadster (which is the japan domestic market version) of the mx5 at pndc, puchong this weekend.

Hmmm, I might be there too this Saturday, at u-know-who's place. :nyehehe:

Originally posted by ah lian@Mar 1 2006, 04:14 PM

ah lian, can i chek out your mx-5 too, i'm keen to get a second car. And always had a thing for miatas... :yes!:

why not? my car is not for sale though. :rolleyes:
not even now dat i have gotten a new set of wheels. the blue angel, someone called it! ha ha ha ha ha!!

zaskar, it wud be nice to meet you again after the ttdi time wid zogs, osf and fabs.

Hmmm... Just found out that the MX-5 weighs close to 1200 Kilos! That's a lot of weight for a tiny car. Might not be the fuel saver I was looking for afterall. What kind of mileage do you get Ah Lian?

Originally posted by ah lian@Mar 1 2006, 04:39 PM
why not? my car is not for sale though. :rolleyes:
not even now dat i have gotten a new set of wheels. the blue angel, someone called it! ha ha ha ha ha!!

zaskar, it wud be nice to meet you again after the ttdi time wid zogs, osf and fabs.
Yup nice meeting u too AL. Anyhow pmed you my no.

You miata, auto or manual...

Originally posted by bimmerman@Mar 1 2006, 04:47 PM
Hmmm... Just found out that the MX-5 weighs close to 1200 Kilos! That's a lot of weight for a tiny car. Might not be the fuel saver I was looking for afterall. What kind of mileage do you get Ah Lian?
i am VERY perplexed where you got this information from! :blink:
unless you have accidentally misread it abt the NB or NC models.... which the rm40k+ you quoted will definitely not buy you. :p

the kerb weight for the 1990-1993 models (1.6l) is less than 1000kgs.

a miata is SEXY....enugh said? I want one! Consider no more.....BUY!

I was thinking like you last time,just the other way around. :lol: Bimmer for daily,and Miata for weekends. The first generation MX5 should be pretty cheap now like what you said.Try to buy one with soft AND hard top and must make it a manual. Damn sweeet. :yahoo:

Noise level even when the hard top is on is quite unbearable compared to a BMW.So no long journeys with the Miata!

Originally posted by feisaldzul@Mar 1 2006, 05:00 PM
citroen zx 2.0 16v? very cheap these days
No offense but methinks Citroen makes the worlds ugliest cars. The DS and the weird but iconic 2CV was the only good looking Citroens. Nope. Don't want no Citroen. Besides, they're all FWD. No soul lah bro. :D

Originally posted by chairoger@Mar 1 2006, 07:03 PM
I was thinking like you last time,just the other way around. :lol: Bimmer for daily,and Miata for weekends. The first generation MX5 should be pretty cheap now like what you said.Try to buy one with soft AND hard top and must make it a manual. Damn sweeet. :yahoo:

Noise level even when the hard top is on is quite unbearable compared to a BMW.So no long journeys with the Miata!
Oooooh, Miatas are noisy huh? I was kinda hoping the hardtop would help a little. Hmmm..... coming from a library quiet E34, it would require some getting used to. :huh:

as mentioned earlier....

my fc isnt great my car being an auto and i am a floorer! :p getting 250km for rm40+.

i have driven my mx5 to penang and sg. no sweat. noise is not an issue. the drive is superb!

Originally posted by bimmerman@Mar 1 2006, 07:03 PM
NB NC models? :blink: Huh?

Anyway i've seen quite a few Miatas going for RM40+K. Just want a fuel saver car with soul and what better car than the Miata right? I won't bother too much about engine displacement. Auto is a soul sapper but preferable for city driving.
the rm40k+ is for the NA generation only (1989-1993)

NBs are closer to 100k and NC isnt out yet in malaysia.

NA are the ones with the flip flop lights years 1989-1999 (there are 1.6 and 1.8 variants).

Ahhh... I see... Thanks for the quickie. I'll take an NA with flip flop lights.

250KM for RM40 (I assume that was pre petrol hike) is very good indeed. Wait a minute, my E34 with my occasional led footedness manages 200KM for RM40 which isn't bad for a luxobarge. Hmmm...

Top Bottom