7 seater MPV

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by 535i@Oct 26 2005, 09:04 PM
Sabah, negeri di bawah Bayu - the roads are quite hilly.
Diesel is KING over there.

Naza is a good buy - but dunno whether u brader wants to drive it from KK to Sandakan - maybe not ..

I hv tried new NAZA couple of weeks back. I covered 1,400km and the petrol was RM 220. Mind you, I did not travel on hilly areas.
KK to Ranau is enuf to swallow half the tank of petrol - me think.

Other choice - pls refer below - diesel powered !! :nyehehe:
haha.... a bus? well tyke has always told me to tell my bro to get one since he is quite productive... but my bro would probably go for a trailer head since he has always wanted to be like 'BJ & the bear' !!! ;)

Wut about the Stavic. Ugly, but eventually, can be endearing. Diesel 2.7, German engine from our nemesis. Good value for money. Doubt that there are many 2d hand ones. In MY, you get the 7-seater and luggage space. Max seating is 11 pax.

Alternatively, Rexton, if u can get the 2.7 - its common rail - more torque and power than the 2.9 (early version). Virtually no boot to talk about. Definitely need to get Thule box.

How about Renault Espace......better still is Grand Espace...enough space for 7 people with luggage area...

hey if you get the estima supercharger tyke will take the charger and put in his car! then your brothers car not so fast anymore. then you both will be happy

I've been with my Renault Grand Espace for 3 years now. My Mrs have been driving it most of the time. Nothing can beat it for the feeling of spaciousness inside except may be the Stavic. The luggage area is big for family trip of few days. Good fuel consumption - 2 litre engine. Maintenance not that expensive but my mileage not that high. It is about 42000km now. So far the most expensive part need replacement is the fuel tank leakage which cost about RM5k. Now, looking forward for the next generation of Grand Espace which I heard will be coming in by next year.

:) i second Mienoz's proposal..i think the Innova will fit the bill perfectly.toyotas are very reliable machines and its 2.0 VVTi engine is more than capable of doing its job.in KK getting toyota parts won't be a problem..

its a little tall though but Eibach already has the Pro-kit for the Innova..purrrfect.an uncle of mine just bought one and i think it looks fabulous with 17s and lowered.looks more expensive thanit really is..class.

though the chassis/frame is identical to the Hilux Vigo,the Innove uses coil springs at the rear as opposed to leaf springs giving better ride and handling.

for about rm100k new,u get plenty of toys in the car.cupholders galore,plenty of storage,optitron meters,trip computer,ceiling aircon vents etc.only problem now is getting the car as the waiting list i think is rather long..

good one though,i'll probably get one myself if i had many kids.

don't take the rexton. Feels floaty and no feel at all. My bro has it. Drove it for a few kms.
Urgggh.. I just hate it. This is the 2.7 Xdi model. not sure which variant.

My Naza Ria is now 4 days old. 300+ km.Everybody loves it, and kids are quiet watching a movie.
Paid rm70 to travel abt 200.Seems normal.
The van is very quiet inside, rides soft and gentle , ( like a bathtub) and i get alittle scared going over 110kmh.
It is really a great purchase for the price and it makes me appreciate a 525's inherent handling and it makes me not appreciate my 928's noise.Only problem was i nearly fell asleep driving the car to 1utama yesterday.( driving too sedately)

I still want my Alphard eventually but this ( Ria) was a sound purchase bearing in mind the price.If i ever decide to sell this car off next yr, perhaps it will be 80 k and i only lost 20k as opposed to a Rexton or any other new car . The Innova is really a compact MPV and cannot compare with a Ria.

Just remember that when we buy an MPV, its a car for the family.....for family trips when you have in-laws or cousins or kids' schoolmates.For sunday drives to Ikano/1utama and to dimsum restaurants.

On other more private times, i am sure the BMW will keep us all happy.

Hey Azfaz, Zul, the Renault Grand Espace is something that I haven't really thought of.. Sounds like a good candidate to put on the list. Thx.

Aaron, good to know the family likes the car and that it keeps the kids in their seats. You are rite... MPV is for the family and road trips...so the comfort and space becomes very important.

Ichiwan, I actually do like the Stavic, can't say much about the design but the ride was quite nice...a bit on the pricey side but definately spacious.

Skar, hehe... more power! But with the holes in the roads, driving fast can't help much...

Rexton, too expensive and Innova was on the list to my bro... He is still considering his options especially now since its Raya and everyone is cramming into his Perdana..hehe...

Thx again guys!

Pipa, in Sabah I would highly recommend the Innova. Toyota has established it's name there and ppl really understand the value of owning a Toyota. Easier to get spare parts as well. The same cannot be said for Rexton, Stavic, KIA and the other make. It may not be the best chioce for comfort and spaciousness but the price is affordable.

Hi Pied Piper,
I currently own a Kia Carnival 2.5, going strong for 5 years oredi. Yes, if you need to have one of these, get a CBU unit aound the same year. Mine was the 1st batch that landed here.
It is very spacious in its class, f.c though on heavy side in urban driving but otherwise excellent on long distance highway drives. I normally do qtr tank for a trip from KL - JB. The trick is to pussy foot the pedal!
Yes, I have heard gruesome stories about high maintenance and frequent trips to workshops but touch wood, I don't have those except for regular maintenance at their workshop in Puchong.
There you are...!

Roadrunner.

Originally posted by bmwky@Oct 31 2005, 05:39 PM
Pipa, in Sabah I would highly recommend the Innova. Toyota has established it's name there and ppl really understand the value of owning a Toyota. Easier to get spare parts as well. The same cannot be said for Rexton, Stavic, KIA and the other make. It may not be the best chioce for comfort and spaciousness but the price is affordable.
I totally agreed. U can't be wrong for getting a TOYOTA in this "Negeri Di Bawah Bayu" :yes: !

They had established so well until those rich people willing to pay above RM400K for a Landcruiser Cygnus than getting a X-3 or M-Class :blink: !

There are many choices of MPVs in the marketplace to choose from. Whilst all the comments/suggestions here are very valid, I think one very important consideration that should not be forgotten in your search for an "ideal" vehicle is whether or not there is adequate support in terms of servicing facilities, competencies of mechanics and spare parts in Sabah.
I may be wrong, but don't think Sabah has many service centre for "exotic" models like the Renault Espace, Stavic or even the Naza Ria. I was going to suggest the Hyundai Trajet, but then again I don't know how well supported it is in Sabah. I think the wisest choice would be the Toyota Innovar.

Agree with c-square, it all boils down to good service backups irrespective of makes unless you can afford longer down time in case of any eventuality.
But I gathered Naza Motors are going agressive in Sabah ?

Originally posted by roadrunner@Oct 31 2005, 01:05 PM
Agree with c-square, it all boils down to good service backups irrespective of makes unless you can afford longer down time in case of any eventuality.
But I gathered Naza Motors are going agressive in Sabah ?
OK then, Pipa... your choice seems to have narrowed down to Toyota and Naza. Just wandering, how's Nissan doing in Sabah. Might want to look into the Nissan Serena, though

I am really no fan of small toyotas and hondas but the Innova makes sense if its is going to be
the only car in the household and you have to rely on it ( ie the school taxi).Plus low depreciation

I have considered all kinds of 7 seaters from Alphard, Presage, Rexton,Fortuner , 307SW , Mazda5 , Serena but remember, only the Naza gives you really great value...ie i bought the cheapest one.

Buy this car and you will still have enough left over in the coffers for another car soon.

I have read thru the forums regarding Nazas and someone mentioned that buying a rm 140k MPV ( like
a Serena ) is like someone buying a Naza and then getting free petrol for 200,000 km!

But really folks, buy a Naza only as a second ( and if u can afford, third) and keep that BMW!!!

Most MPVs are great to sit in and being driven in..........not to drive.

MPV : THE ULTIMATE "BEING DRIVEN IN "MACHINE

Hahaha.... point taken guys. Check out the after service market first before making that purchase...I shall inform my bro.

As BMWKY says and agreed by CKLim, "Toyota has established it's name there and ppl really understand the value of owning a Toyota. Easier to get spare parts as well." So the Toyota has gone to the top of the list (although it is almost rm60k more than my bro intend to spend). :(

But what Roadrunner said "Kia Carnival 2.5, going strong for 5 years oredi. Yes, if you need to have one of these, get a CBU unit aound the same year" is also quite true, if only my bro can get a hand on the first batch. But then again, the previous owner may not have taken good care of the car...

And as C-square puts it "I may be wrong, but don't think Sabah has many service centre for "exotic" models like the Renault Espace, Stavic or even the Naza Ria. " so my bro will have to look into the service centre facilities that they have and if "Naza Motors are going agressive in Sabah" (roadrunner), the 'newer' Ria may also be a good option.

Aaron also pointed out another very important factor, "low depreciation" value of the car.

Sigh... big headache this is turning out to be, and I'm not even buying the MPV!!! :blink:

I have just updated my brother on the pros and cons that you guys gave me and I'm hoping that he makes the right choice... Will keep you guys updated. Again...MANY THANKS for your input and insights... Truly appreciate it!! :yes!: :D

Originally posted by PiedPiper@Nov 1 2005, 06:09 AM
Hahaha.... point taken guys. Check out the after service market first before making that purchase...I shall inform my bro.

As BMWKY says and agreed by CKLim, "Toyota has established it's name there and ppl really understand the value of owning a Toyota. Easier to get spare parts as well." So the Toyota has gone to the top of the list (although it is almost rm60k more than my bro intend to spend). :(

But what Roadrunner said "Kia Carnival 2.5, going strong for 5 years oredi. Yes, if you need to have one of these, get a CBU unit aound the same year" is also quite true, if only my bro can get a hand on the first batch. But then again, the previous owner may not have taken good care of the car...

And as C-square puts it "I may be wrong, but don't think Sabah has many service centre for "exotic" models like the Renault Espace, Stavic or even the Naza Ria. " so my bro will have to look into the service centre facilities that they have and if "Naza Motors are going agressive in Sabah" (roadrunner), the 'newer' Ria may also be a good option.

Aaron also pointed out another very important factor, "low depreciation" value of the car.

Sigh... big headache this is turning out to be, and I'm not even buying the MPV!!! :blink:

I have just updated my brother on the pros and cons that you guys gave me and I'm hoping that he makes the right choice... Will keep you guys updated. Again...MANY THANKS for your input and insights... Truly appreciate it!! :yes!: :D

Pah ...

Siap buat summary lagi tuuuuu ..... :rofl:

Beli Toyota Hiace ajelah ... Pas tu modified kau-kau .... (macam iklan Toyota F1 dlm TV tuu ..)

Kat Sabah, byk Hiace buat bas mini. Parts n serbis sure tak ada problem ...

Top Bottom