Major problem for E90 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Seong393

Club Guest
Hi,Dear all master here, I'm newbie here.Plan to get a E90 325, Any major issue for this vehicle.Just get a 2006 BMW e90 today. Is CBU model. Before procede to the deposit, hope sifu here can give some opinion and sugestion. The 1st owner run about 75k km. He promise change 4pcs RF tyre and new battery for me. Also the car are with full service record under AB. Sell in 118k. It's worth for buy?Thanks in advance for the opinion and advice.Regards.

Take the car for a full inspection, accident, genuine mileage, service records etc all are rubbished until proven with facts/proof.

Siuloong, yes..check it no accident , genuine mileleage.

Just wonder the 6 years car service cost will cost me a bom?

Seong393;771311 said:
Siuloong, yes..check it no accident , genuine mileleage.

Just wonder the 6 years car service cost will cost me a bom?

It's a decent price for a 6 year old. Bomb or no bomb, when service is due its due. Wear and tear will be there no matter what. Once you own it, the price has to be paid. Not that the car was abused and may be broken, now that would be a different matter. Good thing is that the car has a proper service record and its with a BMW SC :)

My major problem for this 2006 e90 is their FRM module is different from 2007 onwards (2007 onwards using FRM2) and need to replace with the later edition when you upgrade or convert to LCI exterior....:rolleyes:

Pay some attention of the gaps for doors, bonnet, trunk, fuel cap, head/tail lights and look out for body cement stains in the boot, behind fuel cap lid and behind head light areas which are telltales for accident cars.

From the brake pedal rubber wear and tear, you can roughly gauge how "used" is the car to estimate the mileage of the car.

astroboy;772361 said:
Pay some attention of the gaps for doors, bonnet, trunk, fuel cap, head/tail lights and look out for body cement stains in the boot, behind fuel cap lid and behind head light areas which are telltales for accident cars.

From the brake pedal rubber wear and tear, you can roughly gauge how "used" is the car to estimate the mileage of the car.

Ab, what if they change the brake pedal ? Eg. AC brake pedal

Seong393;772351 said:
Any oil leaking issue for this e90?

Leaking issues is rare for N52 engine (325), compared to N46 engine (320). This is due to different engine design that contribute to leak issues eg. Vacuum pump, oil sump etc

Just changed the water pump and thermostat today...early symptom is overheating sign (red colour) came up...when i was driving at 180 km..such a scary thing during that speed, then slow the car down and i drove another 5km to standstill...check the engine..coolant and water inside the water tank was boiling... .then after cooling down, top up water, no leaking...water level ok, start the car back...no sign whatsoever..so i drive slow...then next day brought the car to quill, diagnosed it was the water pump...it will on and off before it totally failed..suggested change the pump and thermostat...

kama;773394 said:
Just changed the water pump and thermostat today...early symptom is overheating sign (red colour) came up...when i was driving at 180 km..such a scary thing during that speed, then slow the car down and i drove another 5km to standstill...check the engine..coolant and water inside the water tank was boiling... .then after cooling down, top up water, no leaking...water level ok, start the car back...no sign whatsoever..so i drive slow...then next day brought the car to quill, diagnosed it was the water pump...it will on and off before it totally failed..suggested change the pump and thermostat...

Bro so this 2 thing cost u rm2500 or more?

kama;773394 said:

bro kama,
can i know what year is your car? do you know whats the engine temp before overheat sign pops up? I always monitor the engine & radiator temp every time I drive to avoid overheating....

My ride can collect tomorrow....previous owner just do a full service in AB for me...I think this ride will serve me good...haha

Top Bottom