How is your f10's internet experience?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ashman55

Club Guest
I still can't connect to the internet ,though i was shown the function.So how is the experience? Is it good.I was told only 2011 car is internet enable.I don't seem be able to connect mine using bluetooth.my phone is nokia 3110(old junk) eventhough other functions like telephone and office working fine.

I think ur F10 internet is ok. Only thing is you'd need a wireless data connection line thru your handphone in order to have the incoming line to surf the net or u'd need a wifi nearby. I'm using my blackberryto connect my laptop to the net using their data line.

GMENG;627682 said:
I think ur F10 internet is ok. Only thing is you'd need a wireless data connection line thru your handphone in order to have the incoming line to surf the net or u'd need a wifi nearby. I'm using my blackberryto connect my laptop to the net using their data line.
The connection is thru blue tooth.I just got my 3G activated and i can use my phone now to surf the net.So i thought the car should be able to detect it as well.

You can only use internet while the car is stationary.

The things I have to do to get the browser working I might as well use the browser on my iPhone. Keying in addresses not so easy with the rotating knob also. But it's a cool novelty feature.

I think it's fairly dangerous to use the internet while on the move in the car unless we have our own driver. Like paultantk said use the phone to surf may be better. It's just my personal view.

I can imagine it being useful for checking favourite bookmarks when waiting at the lights or caught in a jam. A quick check of news headlines, KLSE quotes for the stocks I'm tracking, traffic advisories, etc. It's not really for surfing the internet, you're driving a car after all! I wonder whether it's integrated with the radio system so that you can set and play internet radio stations...

Solve my problem.after i change to new 3G sim card only i can use the internet.i have been using 2G all the while.Only can use when the car is stationary.Nice to have to impress your passangers but i think i am gonna stick to my ipad while waiting in the car.better wait for direct internet connection to the car like in europe.i read in paul tan's site mentioning that the function is coming to malaysia in not so distant future.i hope...

if i am not mistaken some of those cool features like calling a phone number to control car features like locking, unlocking etc are already available here, you just need to buy the BMW TPA (Telematics Platform Accessory) and you will get access to BMW Assist features.

Sorry i have got to ask paultantk this.Are you the editor of paul tan automotive's new?.It is one of my favourite site in the pulse application of my ipad.Sorry again if i am out of line..

Cool to have internet access in the iDrive. :top: I wish I had it for the occasional traffic jam crawls. Not really fun or safe to fiddle with my iPhone while driving.

ashman55;628005 said:
Sorry i have got to ask paultantk this.Are you the editor of paul tan automotive's new?.It is one of my favourite site in the pulse application of my ipad.Sorry again if i am out of line..
Of course he is!!! the one and only...the walking Malaysian motoring authority and living legend....the one and only....Paul Tan!! One of only 5 famous Malaysians whose names are recognised instantly worldwide .......Dato Jimmy Choo, Dato Tony Fernandez, Dato Nicol David, Zang Toi and PAUL TAN!!!

paultantk;628536 said:
yup i am! thanks for the support :)

To let u know your site dsplay beautifully together with all the awesome pictures in pulse at par with international motor sites.Its a must daily visit for my motor news and car pictures.Thanks for setting up the internationally standard motor site that Malaysian can relate to..Even Evo and BMW news do not display as nice as yours..

Just found out today,latest f10 has no more passanger's seat belt warning signal.Even the SA knew about it when i raised the issue.

docrayboy;628582 said:
Of course he is!!! the one and only...the walking Malaysian motoring authority and living legend....the one and only....Paul Tan!! One of only 5 famous Malaysians whose names are recognised instantly worldwide .......Dato Jimmy Choo, Dato Tony Fernandez, Dato Nicol David, Zang Toi and PAUL TAN!!!

wah lau, i think u can start a PR agency, haha! earn side income for an upcoming 535d!

ashman55;628703 said:
Just found out today,latest f10 has no more passanger's seat belt warning signal.Even the SA knew about it when i raised the issue.

my previous e60 msport 2009 model also doesn't come with this feature....good thing

Now I KNOW! I thought something wrong with my passenger seat belt warning signal also. Thanks for the info ashman55

ashman55;627982 said:
Solve my problem.after i change to new 3G sim card only i can use the internet.i have been using 2G all the while.Only can use when the car is stationary.Nice to have to impress your passangers but i think i am gonna stick to my ipad while waiting in the car.better wait for direct internet connection to the car like in europe.i read in paul tan's site mentioning that the function is coming to malaysia in not so distant future.i hope...

Tried but just couldnt' connect using iPhone 4. Said "not available in your country". Not sure what that means. Do I have to subscribe to any services? I am connected using bluetooth.

Top Bottom