Engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;305420 said:
Don't put la Cap Helang cooking oil... pick the cholesterol-free wan.. kekekekeeeee

Does your cholesterol-free cooking oil cheaper than the one sold by Auto Bavaria? If so might consider your type of cooking oil. What brand and where you get it? I dun want vegetarian oil as im not vegetarian....:wink:

DMeNS;305571 said:
hmm....i questioned Auto Bavaria everytime i toped up and they said tat's normal?? They said some of their customers with this new engine block faces the same problem. Does anyone with this problem really push them hard for answers? I think I have to top up between every 4000km to 6000km. Everytime i ask them, same answer given so i thought it should be normal???

My advice is this is absolutely abnormal and you should push them to rectify this. If it warrants a change of engine, by all means push for it. It's all up to you. Good luck bro.

David Yong;305604 said:
My advice is this is absolutely abnormal and you should push them to rectify this. If it warrants a change of engine, by all means push for it. It's all up to you. Good luck bro.

Thanks bro here, i'll ask them futher when i do have time. I did not question them further because im not a technical person, watever they said i just hmm,hmm,yea yea...but i'll send in for inspection this time. Cheers! :top:

You ask them why all your friend's E60, E90 also no such problem, how come u have to suffer such inconvenience? Then if they say "all like that wan", then u ask them for a black & white, u tell them u need the black & white so u can officially complain to BMW HQ in Germany... :D

most e90 or e60 tat using egin n52(2.3, 2.5) got tis problem not all car "may b luckey kot he he. tat has 2 prblm either the egn oil vanish or ur egin got sludge.

DMeNS;305571 said:
hmm....i questioned Auto Bavaria everytime i toped up and they said tat's normal?? They said some of their customers with this new engine block faces the same problem. Does anyone with this problem really push them hard for answers? I think I have to top up between every 4000km to 6000km. Everytime i ask them, same answer given so i thought it should be normal???

Bro, ANY engine that requires a top up of motor oil between 4k to 6k is NOT normal. Find the cause:39: and get it rectified asap. Good luck

Hi all again, finally i kenot take it anymore and insist auto bavaria to do a full engine test for my unusual engine oil consumption. Sent my car in on Monday and got it back today. Was being told the engine test report wasnt good and they have made a report to BMW hq in Germany. And also being told that my warrenty was expired a week ago but they will try to make a claim under warrenty since my milege is still low, 30k. Was told to wait for further instruction as they'll claim a new engine for me. Aiyah, why dun they change a new car for me instead...lol, i wish! yea yea, i know im dreaming. But anyway, for all other owners that have this same problem, plz insist Auto Bavaria to run a full engine test! So now, waiting for the approval to get my new engine. Anyway, does anyone here knows how long will it takes to swap a new engine for my car? Will Auto Bavaria loan me a car for the time being? Cheers!

I know u guys are talking about E60 & 90, I just wanna share my experience on my E46 1.9L M43 (8 years engine) with 120k+ mileage, engine oil will never drop a single mm till 10,000 service. guess old engine more reliable

Mouse;321757 said:
I know u guys are talking about E60 & 90, I just wanna share my experience on my E46 1.9L M43 (8 years engine) with 120k+ mileage, engine oil will never drop a single mm till 10,000 service. guess old engine more reliable

Good one, bro! I bet you are running on Q8 F1 10W/50 :top:

p/s: By the way, Carrefour is offering Mobil 1 5W/50 for RM 138 from 9th-11th May.

yeah just heard another story yesterday. it happen to a few months old 525 sport 2008 model. the owner went back to Sapura and complained. The owner said even his Lorries and big trucks dun have this kinda problem why E60?? Sapura said after first service they will monitor it. so just top up for him now and wait for the first service come~

DMens,
I have exactly the same problem as your car, also a 523i. Only difference mine is still under warranty. Like you I never got a satisfactory answer from AB re the problem, always some rubbish about engine oil used being too thin and that the problem shud go away with time and mileage. Instead my problem got worse over time! Now at barely 30k, if I'm not wrong, have topped up at least 5x already.
Actually they did some test on my car late last year and told me to come back 1k later for them to measure the amount of oil consumed. But of course everything seemed fine at that mileage. Less than another 2k later the light came on, asking to top up 1 litre. And they just did that without telling me the result of the earlier test. I got fed up and contacted BMW directly. So they arranged for another test for me in Mar but like before, never came back to me with the result. Meanwhile engine oil kept disappearing! So I contacted BMW directly again and had to send in my car to AB again last week. This time they admitted that there was something wrong and my engine block (not whole engine) need to be replaced!
As of now, I'm still waiting for them to call me when the necessary parts arrive. And yes, do insist on a courtesy car when you send yours in for the same replacement. Seems it's going to take them 7-9 days to do it, meaning a good 2 weeks including weekends!
We should exchange notes, man.
BTW forummers, wouldn't a change of engine (requiring change of engine no) affect my resale value or make it difficult for me to sell the car next time?
Cheers
Pete

my friend who drives 525i m sport 2006 havin this problem . ps he has sued them wit a law suit.he is trying to make AB buy it back from him. then he plans to take x5. my 2 cent. thanks

Reply Yellow Manta,

Seems like 30k for 5 times top-up is better than mine. I have done total top-up of 7 times for 30k!!! Maybe our car really have some problems. I did the test but was not given any black and white, no feedback form no nothing. Just told me to wait and will ring me in 10 days time to arrage for engine swapping. Im not sure if he means the WHOLE ENGINE or just some parts. I was shocked when he said" we will claim a new engine for you." and i asked if its the whole engine? Answer orally given is a YES. So i assume is a new one then. Still waiting for their call but seems quiet still...I already mentioned to them regarding this problem from the early stages and as u said, all sort of rubbish was given until my warrenty is over and they said, let's make a full engine test and the results came out @$%#^!!! Sigh, maybe i'll just trade in and get a new car if unable to get me a new engine. Wonder what car should i get next??

it's the oil. 10/40 will ideal. nowadays the lubricant manufactures make the oil thinner so that we will buy the 1 liter pack of the rack. Yes the oil vapourises but it is normal for it to diappear a little. It never happen to my E39 previously as i was using 10/40 shell helix. Now the have dicontinued the 10/40 with 5/30. So when your yellow engine oil indicator lights up it is pretty normal. My mechanic was suprise that this happens to BMW. But after research it is clear the new fully syntetic oil is much thinner. It will increacse the sale of the 1 liter pack.

my 2 cents

astroboy;305420 said:
Don't put la Cap Helang cooking oil... pick the cholesterol-free wan.. kekekekeeeee

u really luv to joke around when others having problems with their ride?

keeekeee;322915 said:
u really luv to joke around when others having problems with their ride?

Poor keeekeee, I know u facing a lot of problem as well, a lot worse than ours. I wonder if BMW is really that unrealiable? Seems like so many problems by just reading this forum....:eek:

Btw, bro astroboy means no harm lar...just fooling around to destress us a bit...:burnout:

Hi DMens & Yellowmanta,
I have been reading your posts with interest. I own a E90 325, and have been having the exact same problems. My engine requires a 1 litre top-up every 3,000km+, and I have done this 4 times now.

AB has finally admitted that this is an issue and have filed an application for a new engine block.

Since your last post was a bout a month ago, I was wondering if you could share with me the process that you went thru with AB? I hope your cars are now up and running again. Thanks very much in advance.

once the engine changed ...won't they endorse it on the REG card ... if yes then this is BAD when you try to sell it off later ....

a new buyer will not be pleased with such answer ... first thing that would play on ones mind is ....1 ) The owner trashed the engine 2 ) Accident and so on ....

why not try putting some slick 50....

Top Bottom