Embarking On A New Journey

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xstatic

Club Guest
Hi to all E60 sifus,Im about to begin this new journey. Have read most of the post regarding the pro/cons, good /bad on this beautiful machine. Basically i would like to get a simplified review on the e60 525/530 n53 engine, or should i say, whats the biggest headache that you have ever faced. (in terms of $$, or unsolved issues). Subject here is the 525/530 msport uk spec yr 2007 LCI with N53 engine. Would appreciate some honest feedback. Thanks

It's all about luck and even brand new AB cars isn't 100% problem free. You can expect the usual electronics and sensor failures which you then have to spend some money fixing them but nothing too expensive. If you get big problems like gearbox then you will screw up big time. N53 (direct injection) is not meant for our market because of our fuel quality (we are still on Euro 2M standards) but mine is doing fine so far. In the event that the injector fails, you will have to replace them, approximately RM1K each. Another normal component that will fail would be the HPFP.

Top Bottom