Anyways, some latest updates :)
RSImpressive - Turbo Lim Dyno Chart..
Toyota Corolla 1.6 4AGE / Bolt on TD04L Turbo

Max Power
- 265BHP

Max Torque
(at 5000RPM)
- 303Nm

According to him, IF I spend another RM4k to tune up and some servicing the turbo.. it'll easily go way pass 300 ponies :eek: Something I'm not ready to do until the entire suspension, drive shaft, lower arm and brake system has been improved :rolleyes: By the way, its got an LSD gearbox :D

Awesome, bro!

StRat;210439 said:
Yeap.. 265 seems to be more than enough.. for the moment..

Zoggee sok-sok.. will you be giving me private lessons if I came around PNDC? :rolleyes:

HPC.. must sign up and bring your own car wan ah? :confused:

bring your toyota lah... It's for you to learn how to drive YOUR CAR on the track during HPC. Anyway, for RM170 halfday, you want a car to be provided??? Can arrange a trolley for you to push round the track... ;) However, if you pay EURO 170, maybe can arrange something for you... :D

Ohh RM170 izzit.. ok la like that drive my own car.. hehe..

How and where to sign up? July when ah? Definitely interested.. :D

StRat;210473 said:
Ohh RM170 izzit.. ok la like that drive my own car.. hehe..

How and where to sign up? July when ah? Definitely interested.. :D

Its not about racing...more of car control. What and not to do when you push your car to the limits.

An old unker Airtrek is faster then a Lancer Evo7...It's not abt power.:cool:

strat....wah the toyota now on the way to taking flight soon :D but 265hp on wheels tak cukup la frend. what u need, is to aim for 350hp on wheels for a start. :D with a LSD gearbox, u will have a nice time fighting with the wheels everytime u floor the throttle. :D going straight fight. taking corner fight. uphill fight. changing lanes fight+praying. overtaking fight+praying+praying extra hard. :D :D but when u pull from 3rd gear onwards on a straight, it goes like a bat outta hell! but be warned, its addictive. once u taste it, u can't go back :D

but you need to find out the LSD gearbox is from which model. if its an NA gearbox, the LSD might not last long due to the torque. so dun always floor like no tommorow :D

but AL is right. 265hp on a TD04 will send it to the grave quickly. reduce the boost. skip the TD05. aim for a TD06. look around, used one around +/- rm1k. then save up for a stand-alone ecu. best investment if you're thinking of long term with the car. with a good tuner, u can bring out almost max potential of the car. and good fuel savings too :D

my 2 cents ar....

The sad thing is without an external ECU management, the power delivery and fuel burning is not at its optimum level. The max power output may be 265BHP but the lag here and there causes it to feel less powerful than it should be :(

The driveshaft is finally fixed! :D Reconditioned and works like new. Topped up 2 and 1/2 liters of gear oil. The car will rest for now. My relative will be coming back and driving the car for a week before it rolls back into my porch end next week :eek:

Thanks to all who have helped with the initial restoration part of the project Phase 2 coming shortly. All donations still welcomed :D Hehe..

fabs.. how do I enrol for HPC July? :cool:
Zoggee.. when can I come to PNDC? :)

StRat;211168 said:
fabs.. how do I enrol for HPC July? :cool:
Zoggee.. when can I come to PNDC? :)

:D
cool...and please register early and pay early too to be able to secure a place.

Unlike a friend who said he can do better on open track day *sigh*:(....but I suggest you join us.Lot more to learn abt car control.:D Even the supercars owner are humble..they register for Group 1.

As for PNDC....anytime.:D pay homage..pay tax( in forms of Necafe Ping).:D

wahh now sang tikus is playing toyota ehhhh ...kewl spec you have there ...

Hi there..I also have LE turbo for my project car with my fren..I'm using a supercharge engine but change supercharge with RB25 turbine and management ECU...At the momment the dyno shows it has 280hp because still need to tune the ECU..I think that car using a TD04 garret twin blade ball bearing...do u check the ECU? what type of ECU the car used? by the way, the part u dont worry too much coz it easy since the engine "bersepah" at kedai potong..u just bring the sample and check the price from each of that cut shop..hahah..

wah like this then must plan for toyota TT at pndc ....

then can drift with our stuntman aka ZOngee master

Zoggee.. sir, yes sir! Will register within the week :D Group 1 it is..

PNDC TT ka? How to get there also one problem now. Which night to go ah? Every night? :eek:

ICEbulu.. dei.. StRat's my guitar laaaaa.. how many times must I stress on that! :p

laneza.. phwahh.. can give me your car plate ah? So next time I see, I won't tiong.. kekeke.. :D Giving the car a rest for now. It finally feels safe to drive it after RM3k. More performance later. Not too sure about the ECU. Maybe we can yum cha and you can teach me some.. cheers :)

hi strat..is it strat short form of stratocaster? heheh coz im a guitarist as well..last time I joined with orkestra perak...ar yum cha ar? emm can...but now im in united kingdom and finish my studies next month..Then im gonna deal with my E46 to send back to malaysia...after that can loh..hehe..Now my LE my fren using..coz this car has an investment of 2 people,..haha..I just bought a management megasquirt 2 standalone version from here ( UK) for my LE to be setting up by my fren ( partner investment ). he's electronic student and atm doing his UITM research project on tuning the megasquirt ECU to our LE...don't know it's gonna working or not just waiting from his news...hahahah...:p

Hey guys,

New problems with the Toyota.. Appreciate any feedback..

I'm relatively new to force induction and therefore, have A MILLION questions in my head that needs answers :eek: Please do bear with a newbie like me.. :) To make matters worst, the car recently had an accident and hence, I've decided to go all out in restoring it. Please help..

Here's an account of what the car has undergone so far..

Toyota 16 valve twin cam 1.6 4A-GE engine transplant
TD-04 Turbo Kit
Fuel regulator
Manual Boost Controller
HKS BOV
HKS Air Filter
HKS Piping Exhaust System
HKS Boost Meter
2 pot brake system
Tein Adjustables
DTM Light Alloy 16" rims
LSD gearbox
Hotwires

Dyno on wheels at RSImpresive
Max Power - 265BHP
Max Torque - 303Nm
*This car was running on 3 pistons as 1 wasn't firing :eek:

Here's what I'm doing after the accident which destroyed the front of the car. Luckily the engine and turbo was unharmed :)

Bonnet cover
Front headlights
Signal lights
Front grille
Radiator and fan
Air cond fan
Whole lower arm
Drive shaft

Welding of Intercooler
Whole set of valve seal and other seals
Perfomance spark plugs
Semi forged oversized pistons
Metal head gasket
A new cyclinder head
Boring of cylinder head
Top overhaul kit
Kings bearings (Full set)
Kings trust washer
New intake manifold with throttle body
Apexi RSM
Volt Meter

Now for the questions
a) Am I lacking in any parts? Would there be enough fuel? Fuel pump? Injectors? Price? How would I know?
b) If not, do I need something like an E-Manage or AFC? Price?
c) I'm currently boosting at 1.1bar. Is that too high? Too low?
d) With the new oversized pistons, my engine capacity would have increased right? To what? 1.8? 2.0?
e) Is it true that I would have to run in the engine for 5000km before I can actually step on it? Keep RPM at what range?
f) How much increase in HP and Torque would the above mods give me? Estimation?
g) Did I miss out anything?
h) Any set backs and disadvantages? Any chance of me being in danger? :eek:

PLEASE ADVISE! Thanking all in advance.. Car will be ready in 10 days. Fingers crossed.

Turbo Dummy,
StRat ;)

P/S
- Fabian, sorry I didn't get to stay and grab a cup of coffee with you the other day. Was rushing off to somewhere.
- Uncle Zoggee, can help keep an eye on Wah Chai for me ah? Kekeke.. :D

StRat;218815 said:
No turbo kaki here ka? Woooiiii.. help laaaa :p

:Dok la...I help la.
Nextt time you are here ,you definately buying me BKT at 14th Mile.:D

Just wanna let you know that I've been disturbing your mechanic ? I say you are very the owner very fussy and why is his car still paork here...???:D

wah zoggee sifu, since u can tunjuk ajar our brother StRat, can u teach me also ah? i buy BKT, Kopi PING, roast pork, BBQ pork any pork u name... i'll get it as long as u teach me how to drift n learn bout toyota :)

StRat when can u bring me for a spin in ur project car ? need to learn from u guys la...

Hachiroku;218996 said:
wah zoggee sifu, since u can tunjuk ajar our brother StRat, can u teach me also ah? i buy BKT, Kopi PING, roast pork, BBQ pork any pork u name... i'll get it as long as u teach me how to drift n learn bout toyota :)

StRat when can u bring me for a spin in ur project car ? need to learn from u guys la...

:pcheh...you are the real Sifu of toyota ma.;)
Gonna poison him to get the petrol baffles that supposed to be install in your project car la.:D

StRat;218587 said:
Hey guys,

New problems with the Toyota.. Appreciate any feedback..

I'm relatively new to force induction and therefore, have A MILLION questions in my head that needs answers :eek: Please do bear with a newbie like me.. :) To make matters worst, the car recently had an accident and hence, I've decided to go all out in restoring it. Please help..

Here's an account of what the car has undergone so far..

Toyota 16 valve twin cam 1.6 4A-GE engine transplant
TD-04 Turbo Kit
Fuel regulator
Manual Boost Controller
HKS BOV
HKS Air Filter
HKS Piping Exhaust System
HKS Boost Meter
2 pot brake system
Tein Adjustables
DTM Light Alloy 16" rims
LSD gearbox
Hotwires

Dyno on wheels at RSImpresive
Max Power - 265BHP
Max Torque - 303Nm
*This car was running on 3 pistons as 1 wasn't firing :eek:

Here's what I'm doing after the accident which destroyed the front of the car. Luckily the engine and turbo was unharmed :)

Bonnet cover
Front headlights
Signal lights
Front grille
Radiator and fan
Air cond fan
Whole lower arm
Drive shaft

Welding of Intercooler
Whole set of valve seal and other seals
Perfomance spark plugs
Semi forged oversized pistons
Metal head gasket
A new cyclinder head
Boring of cylinder head
Top overhaul kit
Kings bearings (Full set)
Kings trust washer
New intake manifold with throttle body
Apexi RSM
Volt Meter

Now for the questions
a) Am I lacking in any parts? Would there be enough fuel? Fuel pump? Injectors? Price? How would I know?

Firstly, i think you are running a little lean for a 1.1bar boost.
Yes, you need a fuel pump and if you can, injectors as well. Im not so sure bout the lbs/cc injectors you need for your Levin. Do check out forums and stuff for the best suited cc for your car/application. If you are looking for new injectors, i might be able to help you find the injectors you need. Sard injectors are quite reasonable though. I bought 550cc Sard injectors new for less than RM300 a piece. You can check out SS Racing in PJ. Or you can source out for other brands in Ebay if you want.
Guess the only way to know when u need bigger and more fuel is by buying or testing out with a Air/Fuel Ratio Meter, Innovate LM-1, Dyno or when you feel a slight pull back when you are boosting then u r in need of more fuel...=)

b) If not, do I need something like an E-Manage or AFC? Price?

To opt for more power, you definitely need a piggyback or better, a standalone.
You need those to tune your air/fuel at least with a piggyback. For a standalone you are able to have more control over your air,fuel, injector duty, ignition timing, air flow and much more. The Emanage and the AFC/SAFC is only a piggyback.

c) I'm currently boosting at 1.1bar. Is that too high? Too low?

Yes, without proper tuning and fueling or a thicker HG you are running on a peak boost.

d) With the new oversized pistons, my engine capacity would have increased right? To what? 1.8? 2.0?

Yes. Your engine cc will increase with the overbore pistons. To what?, that depends on the piston bore size.

e) Is it true that I would have to run in the engine for 5000km before I can actually step on it? Keep RPM at what range?

To run in, i suggest to keep increasing your RPM level by 1000k every 1000km.
Start off with something around 3k-3.5k rpm then slowly raise it by 1000k every 800-1000km.

f) How much increase in HP and Torque would the above mods give me? Estimation?

It depends on how you manage your mods.. you can have all the power in your engine but whats the point when you dont have a LSD to put all the power to the ground? Its something like that.. Hope you get what i mean here..

Maybe with the ECU, Fuel pump, injectors, thicker HG, forged pistons...maybe you should be able to raise up to 1.4bar? It really depends.. but dont forget your connecting rods, and valve springs and retainers if you are going for higher RPMs.

g) Did I miss out anything?

Not really..Actually many many many more =) .. But at the end it depends on how far you wanna go.. =)

h) Any set backs and disadvantages? Any chance of me being in danger? :eek:

Get your car tune in proper hands and you'll be fine.. =)

Goodluck.. Anyway, im impress by your numbers... good hp and torque reading! Dont just look at the numbers..always keep an eye of your air/fuel reading.. =)

* For the above answers are all from my past and present experiences. Pls dont flame me if any of the above information is non acceptable by any forumers.. Im just here to help...Cheers ppl!:)

Zoggee;219011 said:
:pcheh...you are the real Sifu of toyota ma.;)
Gonna poison him to get the petrol baffles that supposed to be install in your project car la.:D

Dei.. ini macam panggil help ka?! Disturbing the mech.. aiyoh.. you deserve only 1 plate of char siew rice :p Apa itu petrol baffles? From Smart shop wan ah? Hehe.. :D I'll call you when I'm there later today or tomorrow..

Hachiroku;218996 said:

Fulamak, AE Drift King Yap.. don't peli me la.. :p So did you see Wah Chai start work on the engine or not? Aiyoh.. it feels like ages since I last heard a blow off valve.. Ask him faster la!

GT35R_BMW;219187 said:
Goodluck.. Anyway, im impress by your numbers... good hp and torque reading! Dont just look at the numbers..always keep an eye of your air/fuel reading.. =)

* For the above answers are all from my past and present experiences. Pls dont flame me if any of the above information is non acceptable by any forumers.. Im just here to help...Cheers ppl!:)

And help you have.. indeed.. Thanks bro..

Will definitely take into consideration the things that you mentioned. Problem is, from the mods above, my budget has blown sky high.. :eek: So the only option now is to actually wait for it to come out and see how to go from there :eek:

The gearbox IS an LSD.. anyway, I was told the readings vary from place to place. Will dyno it at GT Sunway this time as soon as the car is properly ran in. Will keep it posted.. Thanks again.. Cheers! :)

Top Bottom