E90 newbie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
It's a universal engine start understanding that brake must be applied before hitting any start button or turning any start key, to prevent car from surging forward and accidentally hit something in front.

For the person who discover hitting start button first before applying brake, I offer my highest form of salutation to u.. :77: :77: :77:

astroboy;735704 said:
It's a universal engine start understanding that brake must be applied before hitting any start button or turning any start key, to prevent car from surging forward and accidentally hit something in front.

For the person who discover hitting start button first before applying brake, I offer my highest form of salutation to u.. :77: :77: :77:

The car WILL NEVER start by just pushing the START button alone. Also, remember ... The car will also never start when you are in gear and gear cannot be engaged without depressing the brake pedal.

Wonder why you never salute those who touch 200+ kmh on our highways? :0)

tIANcI;736174 said:
.. Wonder why you never salute those who touch 200+ kmh on our highways? :0)

Simple... Those are too common.. :4: above 270kph maybe.. We have few in the house.. :4:

astroboy;736251 said:
Simple... Those are too common.. :4: above 270kph maybe.. We have few in the house.. :4:

Wow ... Darn proud huh? Not bad at all ...

tIANcI;736287 said:
Wow ... Darn proud huh? Not bad at all ...

What is there to be pround about? Every BMW after the 90's and most of those built before 90's can do 200kph comfortably, including the 4 potters. Even the few ladies here are no stranger to these speed. U think this is something we should be proud about? Having said that, we are all law abiding citizen most of the time.. :4: now that is what I'm proud about..

Oh! U were the one who discover starting our car can press the start button first, release, then step brake. Kudos on the discovery, I tried on mine, seriously kenot. Can we hear from more owners just to confirm if there's a defect on ours?

What's the purpose of apply the brake if can start the engine just by push the start button?

Alxy,

E90 is more solid than E60 especially the steering feel. Even the body feel much more heavy & soild. I would say E90 has improve a lot compare to previous 3 silis in term of feeling & handling. More like 5 silis or E39 feel. I dun feel it in F30.

initialM;736304 said:
What's the purpose of apply the brake if can start the engine just by push the start button?

InitialM ... Mine has to apply brake no matter what before the engine starts. Can't start without depressing the brakes.

tIANcI;736312 said:
InitialM ... Mine has to apply brake no matter what before the engine starts. Can't start without depressing the brakes.

Thats is correct but why the post can start without apply the brake. I konpius liao

initialM;736314 said:
Thats is correct but why the post can start without apply the brake. I konpius liao

Sorry la ... It's because on page 1 the was mention of starting sequence. Hehehehe ...

initialM;736306 said:
Alxy,

E90 is more solid than E60 especially the steering feel. Even the body feel much more heavy & soild. I would say E90 has improve a lot compare to previous 3 silis in term of feeling & handling. More like 5 silis or E39 feel. I dun feel it in F30.

Steering feel definitely much heavier than E60. Though the E60 does stiffen up when you reach higher speeds. Forgetting about power for the moment, I do feel this E90 320i is much better in terms of handling than my old E46 325i. But then again, old 325i was having stock 205/55 R16 while E90 is on 225/45 R17. That probably makes a bit of difference too :)

In any case, whatever the reason, I feel more confident going round bends compared to old 325i.

Just to update: did my ATF change last Wed, along with the tranny program reset. So far the jerk from 2nd to 1st has gone. Gear changes also seem smoother than before. Will update if this is long term thing or just short lived joy

Hi everyone, i am a newbie to E90. Just receive my 325i two weeks ago and loving every moment with it. But i send it back to SC due to rattling sound on the back panel (behind the seat) when i have passenger on the back. Other than that i am still playing with the system and manage to get the internet work with iphone but not android as android does not support bluetooth internet tethering (any suggestion?). Anyway can our idrive system upgrade to the version that supports bmw apps?

tIANcI;749063 said:
magpie ... Mine also rattling from back. Suspect mine is the sunscreen.

erm... looks like i am not alone... i have the sunscreen up or down it still rattles when i have passenger at the backseat. If there is nobody at the backseat then the cabin is quiet.

According to the SA they need to open the back panel and re-foam it. i will only get my car back on Monday... so lets see if that is case.

magpie ... mine is click click sounds ... seems less when the sunscreen is up. Gonna send in for them to check on Monday along with my whining differential and hardly wanna work remote. Sucks big time.

oh icic. mine is a besi sound under the back panel behind the seats. Thats why it only sound when there is a weight on the back seat. Anyway hope you get yours rectified and i get mine rectified and don't have to go back anymore.

Hi Guys,

Been reading this thread and am learning more about the e90. Actually i plan to get a e46 325 but also having second thoughts on the e90 320i. I know for one the power difference is significant. Something you can't get with smaller displacement unless it has force induction.
1) Anyway anyone here can give some advice on the 320i 2005 first model?
2) Engine (N64B20) is the same as the e46 318 2.0 valvetronic engine right?

Thanks

Top Bottom