E90 newbie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
1. no comment.
2. N46B20 (150~156hp), descendant of N42B20 (143hp), mostly common parts.

astroboy;758394 said:
1. no comment.
2. N46B20 (150~156hp), descendant of N42B20 (143hp), mostly common parts.

Hi bro...your 2007 should also be similar to the 2005 right but newer....Any advise on the car/engine upkeep? any well know problems like oil leaks or engine oil consumption? Tx

integramania;758405 said:
Hi bro...your 2007 should also be similar to the 2005 right but newer....Any advise on the car/engine upkeep? any well know problems like oil leaks or engine oil consumption? Tx

My N46B20 is seldom used with low mileage, so not reflective as a gauge to the general population.

What I'm experiencing are the usual rocker cover gasket oil leak, vacuum pump oil gasket leak, oil sump gasket leak, rear engine cover coolant leak.. E46 also similar issue. If your looking for used unit, make sure it sludge free lor.

yeah the e46 318 with the same engine...

sludge free meaning no leaks on the engine bay right?

Tx

integramania;758422 said:
yeah the e46 318 with the same engine...

sludge free meaning no leaks on the engine bay right?

Tx

Sludge free means don't have this..

sludge_2.jpg

Ok...but this one you need to open up the engine to see....yeah i heard abt this being a major issue...

Any of u try press the engine start/stop button while the car is running?

I tried once at low rolling speed and it really shut everything down. Scary. Imagine u drive at 80-100 kmh and your kid accidentally press it!

feelgood;758737 said:
Any of u try press the engine start/stop button while the car is running?

I tried once at low rolling speed and it really shut everything down. Scary. Imagine u drive at 80-100 kmh and your kid accidentally press it!

Thanks for the advice bro....

One more observation. Not sure if just my car or same for everyone else. Compared to my E60, the auto rain sensor wiper doesn't seem to be working so well when rain is a moderate drizzle, despite having it at highest/fastest setting. Every now and then I have to manually swipe the wipers to clear the windscreen. E60 is fine though, even at 2nd highest setting. I hardly have to manually engage the wipers. Or is there any more settings (OBC programmable?) that I can do?

Just booked a 323i 2011 pre-owned (demo car it seems) at Quill for 196k incl Llumnar 4 mil tint, warranty till June 2013, BSRI till 2014 with a mileage of 17k km.... is it a good deal?

There's another similar unit registered at Glenmarie white selling at 200k with 11400km with free Wingard security tint and std 3 yrs BSRI.

Cheers!

Top Bottom