E90 BMW 325i vs Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I parked the E90 right next to a A4 TFSI this morning, the A4 does look more aggressive especially viewed from the front.

Hello guys...

What ever it is...Both are still Made in Germany.
My heart still says Bavarian is the best though.

audi is just another ugly deutsche invention.

the engine is rough like dieselbut the handling is good with quattro.

i would say neither. keep your money

For once, I partly agree with selespeed, in that I don't find the Audi that attractive. Autocar UK has recently given the thumbs up on Audi's RS4 vs the new E92 M3!!! Now, that's news!

Yes, the same comparo is also published in the August edition of Autocar M'sia.

I do like to read Auto Mags, but at the end I really don't take their views as sound judegement if and when I want to get/buy a car. Cars to me to some point is a rather personal decision and there will never ever be a perfect car for everyone. All the competition I view as good, as it makes the auto guys work their arse off to give us consumers better products. So compete away.....

"One man's meat, is another one's poison."

Juan Powerblow;237446 said:
For once, I partly agree with selespeed, in that I don't find the Audi that attractive. Autocar UK has recently given the thumbs up on Audi's RS4 vs the new E92 M3!!! Now, that's news!

sorry to disapoint you bmw lover. the new m3 in many reviews are very disappointing. was in jusco on sunday and read the review on m3 and it is big time disappointing - gearbox, interior, driving, etc. other online auto mags also have disappointing things to say. i remember it says something like e46 m3 is better!

selespeed;237662 said:
sorry to disapoint you bmw lover. the new m3 in many reviews are very disappointing. was in jusco on sunday and read the review on m3 and it is big time disappointing - gearbox, interior, driving, etc. other online auto mags also have disappointing things to say. i remember it says something like e46 m3 is better!

That's what people used to say when the E90 was launched i.e E46 lines were better. Ride wise worst off then E46. Not a true 3 series like E30 etc etc etc etc. Bottomline, buy what turns you on :rock:

danc;237701 said:
That's what people used to say when the E90 was launched i.e E46 lines were better. Ride wise worst off then E46. Not a true 3 series like E30 etc etc etc etc. Bottomline, buy what turns you on :rock:

nothing and no models look good other than the older e36 or e30! they're all ugly:rolleyes: . BMW has to boot out chris bangle:thefinger: :stupid: for creating non-sensational machines, non lookers. 1, 3, 5 series, 7 series and 6 serires are all laughing stocks. only thing good is the engine and handling. period.

selespeed;237883 said:
nothing and no models look good other than the older e36 or e30! they're all ugly:rolleyes: . BMW has to boot out chris bangle:thefinger: :stupid: for creating non-sensational machines, non lookers. 1, 3, 5 series, 7 series and 6 serires are all laughing stocks. only thing good is the engine and handling. period.

true...true...boot out Bangle's design.:smokin:

selespeed;237883 said:

I might have agreed with you when these new Bangle inspired designs were first unveiled but strangely, I don't see it that way anymore. The Bangle designs have "grown" on me i.e. the pre-facelift 7 series to me was an absolute disaster, it made the word "ugly" look good. But, I now think the new facelifted 7er looks so much better than the old S-Class and even the new one. Same goes the 1, 3 and 5. In fact, BMW tried to curtail the Bangle influence on the E92 and Jeremy Clarkson found this to be booooring outwith the Bangle factor. BMW sales figures seem to agree with Bangle too. In the end, one man's meat is another man's poison. To each his own and we should learn to appreciate the differences rather than vouch too vehemently for one design over the other. One case in point, just the other day, my E92 was sandwiched next to a new gen modded CLK Brabus C4 and an Alfa Romeo... what's that lovely coupe called... Brera? Such a pleasant coincidence, 3 coupes parked side-by-side in my condo. Well, how I wished all 3 cars were mine....

selespeed;237883 said:

But the newer curvier designs works better with the ladies.... hence the better sales figure... ;)

Aiyoh...good la you guys, after reading all 8 pages, Ive got more info and opinions than all those car mags could give....and if you are still pondering which over which after all this....then do as I did.....somehow to me, I am not a 'ring' kinda guy la, some more got 4 rings intertwined side by side...reminds me of a cordial drink I used to have when I was a kid. Then the other choice was 'the propeller'. Ha, Propeller I like...reminds me of my grandmother's table fan (antique) ...so, I chose propeller loh.

I think Danny a.k.a. Okow was drink last nite! In terms of design, I like the Audi A6's design a lot more than E60 (no offense!). The former is such a hensem car.

fabianyee;237953 said:
But the newer curvier designs works better with the ladies.... hence the better sales figure... ;)

i'm not sure! females like bmw because it is associated with yuppieness or trendy. many females already like bmw since the e36 days. i remember many just wanted to own for the sake of wanting to own one ("die-die" must own one). because it is so desired, PML introudced balloon payment scheme to lure these buyers. now this was way back in mid 1990's when bmw introduced a "chopped-off" entry level coupe 316i. at that time it cost around S$110k for this 316i coupe.

it really iss the brand thing than anything else. a female friend of mine told me "what's so good about bmw? the grille looks like a barbecue grill":4:

as for the audi? the new front nose style looks like :eek: - jaws that get stuck unable to close! audi is trying to style their cars like the way volvo did with their "coffin-looking" body lines. nevertheless, it is bold attempt, unlike bmw that is so so bland, especially the front and the "one-look-you-get-bored" bland interior interior. the different models look so similar especially the front you can't tell the models apart, unlike mercedes benz it is instantly distinguishable.

look at the new m3 interior - it's the same as lesser ones. and the worst looking ones are the m6. it's like a piece of kuih or prata being pressed by mamak's palm. no wonder bmw can never compete in the sports segment compared with mercedes clr clk clk. and the e60 looks like tis eye brows stretched!

bmw sales actually fell lately.

Looks can be pretty subjective. However surveys done by BMW has revealed more than 60% of BMW owners thought the reason they bought a BMW is because of its looks. BMW sales figures in recent years have certainly proven Bangle's work to be in favour with the majority of the luxury car buyers. The new Lexus 460L certainly took some design cues from BMW, and the new camry is selling like hot cakes, again look at the rear boot, similarly the new S-class as well. As they always say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The new BMWs certainly made everything looks bland in comparison with the competitors' offerings, something even regular BMW-basher Jeremy Clarkson hates to admit (in last week's CBT).

Read the Me and My Car section in CBT and more often than not when some local celebrities were asked what would be their next car, the answer is always a BMW. Everyone aspires to own a BMW but not everyone can afford it!

I personally have seen many friends buying an e60 after years of driving a particular marque with a 3 pointed star. And I have recently asked my contractor whom bought a 523i on which part of the E60 he likes best....answer--> the eye brow!!:burnout: :rock:

Looks are pretty subjective. Different people will have different taste and there is no wrong or right.

Market share in the segment is a good yardstick of how successful a marque has been. There will always been differing opinions in a diverse world we live in, but the market share will determine who are the disillusioned ones :rolleyes:. Amongst its competitors in its class, I'd have to say I like the E90 look best... But then again I am biased heheh.

Top Bottom