e36 328 ownership experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by vrulz@May 12 2005, 05:33 PM
hey guys !! juz wanna say hellow to E36 fanatics ... i'm new to E36 ... can i join u guys for TT too ?? :)
welcome, welcome.

of course u can join the TT.

tell us more abt ur ride.

what model e36 do u drive?

Originally posted by 535i@May 12 2005, 07:00 PM
Lee ..

U r officially ...

The King of E36 Racun !!! :yes:

everybody .... bow !! :eek:k:
Mana boleh.... :dunno:

Mine is one of the most stock standard e36 around... :p

How to racun people-la? :dunno:

:D :D :D

Originally posted by ccl68@May 12 2005, 05:23 PM
Good to hear there's a great response for a TT session.
I should be able to meet up except Tuesdays.
Monday's are interesting....
Okay guys,

we've got a proposal for a Monday TT for e36, and at least one opinion seconding it.... why Monday? Cause it takes the edge of starting the work week and allows u to ease into the rest of the week!

So, let's put up Monday for now...

I'd like to propose Sunway Extreme Park, since we already have one regular club TT at Shoru... unless there is violent objection...

So here is the proposal...

Agenda : e36 TT
Time : (every?) Monday 9:30
Venue : Sunway Extreme Park

Topic : anything remotely related to e36, including car mods, maintenance, new birds pulled w e36, upcoming divorce caused by e36 because u spend more time and money on ur car than ur wife...., anything! :D

And especially, for old hands to share their ownership experience w newbies.... B) B) B)

Let's start with this coming Monday, and see if the response warrants a weekly, biweekly, or even a monthly frequency, a'ight?

By the way, all e36 veteran, and NEWBIES especially are most most welcome.... other udm lovers are also welcome welcome, just don't hog the topic tokking aboutt e30, e90, etc.... a'ight? He he... :p

Let's do a quick roll call to gauge the response...and feel free to suggest alternate days/venue, as long as we get consensus...

e36 TT, Monday, 16th May, 9:30pm Sunway Extreme Park

1. Lee36328...

1. Lee36328...
2. WAFS328

hi all,
I like to read all ur comment regard to 328 but stil thinking can I afford to buy this car cos i,m not so rich like ur all.I admire this model since i saw tis model and always talk to myself "wen can i own tis car' but my heart taking deep inside may b next life"
But I observed the prices for year 95,96,98..getting lower and lower and I think I can buy one now wt my fc rite now but stil wondering can I afford the maintance cos money wise just nice for living..not so senang not so susah..hehe

Pls advise bro..

Full tank $$$
sparepart
wat year you recommended...

anybody wan to sell 328 with service record if possible so not so hard for me to maintain ...

Thanking u all in advance...

lee, I am back but may have to go outstation again on Monday... damn.

Originally posted by abb7997@May 13 2005, 03:06 PM
hi all,
I like to read all ur comment regard to 328 but stil thinking can I afford to buy this car cos i,m not so rich like ur all.I admire this model since i saw tis model and always talk to myself "wen can i own tis car' but my heart taking deep inside may b next life"
But I observed the prices for year 95,96,98..getting lower and lower and I think I can buy one now wt my fc rite now but stil wondering can I afford the maintance cos money wise just nice for living..not so senang not so susah..hehe

Pls advise bro..

Full tank $$$
sparepart

anybody wan to sell 328 with service record if possible so not so hard for me to maintain ...

The maintanence is definitely higher than a Jap car. There is a sticky thread on top indicating some of the maintanence cost of the car. Check that out. That will give you an idea of how much moolah is involved in maintaining a UDM.

Originally posted by abb7997@May 13 2005, 03:06 PM
hi all,

Pls advise bro..

Full tank $$$
sparepart

Bro,

what is ur budget for :
1. the car price
2. the monthly instalment
3. the petrol bill
4. the regular maintenance

can be quite expensive, so budget carefully...

cheap 328's are expensive to maintain, and cheap to maintain 328's are not cheap to buy...

1. Full tank $$$80+
2. sparepart - a few hundred RM for minor parts, 1-2k for major parts, 4-5k to rebuild major parts, 15k for new gearbox, just to give you an idea
3. wat year you recommended... as new as you can afford, year 98/99 is the latest, but rare, and still quite ex...

Good luck!

expensive parts can go like this

all the knock sensors 1) camshaft and crankshaft sensor RM280/= each
2) o2 sensor RM500++

3) abs pump RM4k++
4) fuel pump RM600++
5) fuel regulator RM 400++
6) Radiator RM600++
7) Cooling coil RM850++
8) wheel bearing rear RM 250++ incl labour each.

The above normally need to be changed as you hit 80 to 100k km mileage...

Last but not least RM1.6k++ for road tax...

Originally posted by dvng@May 14 2005, 06:01 PM
expensive parts can go like this

all the knock sensors 1) camshaft and crankshaft sensor RM280/= each
2) o2 sensor RM500++

3) abs pump RM4k++
4) fuel pump RM600++
5) fuel regulator RM 400++
6) Radiator RM600++
7) Cooling coil RM850++
8) wheel bearing rear RM 250++ incl labour each.

The above normally need to be changed as you hit 80 to 100k km mileage...

Last but not least RM1.6k++ for road tax...
dvng,

very detailed and very useful, esp for newbies...

thanks dude! :eek:k:

Originally posted by Lee36328@May 13 2005, 12:42 PM
1. Lee36328...
2. WAFS328
3. ccl68
4. vrulz
Ok guys,

this TT is ON...

anybody needing directions on how to get there can contact me at :

012 2306398

Cheers!

Originally posted by Lee36328@May 16 2005, 10:35 AM
e36 TT, Monday, 16th May, 9:30pm Sunway Extreme Park[/SIZE]
1. Lee36328...
2. WAFS328
3. ccl68
4. vrulz
5. three28 - a LOT we can learn from this sifu...

Ok guys,

this TT is ON...

anybody needing directions on how to get there can contact me at :

012 2306398

Cheers!
Three28 will join us...

This one really sifu on modding an e36 328....

Looks like we will have lotsa fun and lotsa interesting debate!

See you all there!

Top Bottom