e36 328 ownership experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
valvetronix said:
The vacuum valve is located at the exhaust tip, the right outlet to be exact assuming you're facing the exhaust. This is only applicable if you are still running the standard / factory 328i exhaust.

Google for 'E36 328i exhaust valve'
Noted with thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is mistakenly called a 'silencer flap' in the American forums. Should be called 'make your car run like a dream flap'.

I am glad I did not opt to replace the exhaust for after market parts for this reason. I would hate to lose this function.

I have this exhaust setup currently on my m50b25 but it does not function as it is not connected to anyhting.and the exhaust note does sound rather loud,which is effectively quietened when i stuff one side of the pipe with a rag.so perhaps it really is a silencer flap?

and no i don't intend to activate this setup coz i may have had a 328i exhaust system retrofitted on my 325i

Hi Lee. Glad to know you are still enjoying your E36 328i.

I sold my E36 525i to a friend 4 years ago and got myself a E90 325i.

Was considering a F10 528i.

I'm now considering the G30, still miss my E36 though.

Nothing beats the straight 6!

moots said:
I have this exhaust setup currently on my m50b25 but it does not function as it is not connected to anyhting.and the exhaust note does sound rather loud,which is effectively quietened when i stuff one side of the pipe with a rag.so perhaps it really is a silencer flap?

and no i don't intend to activate this setup coz i may have had a 328i exhaust system retrofitted on my 325i
Waa...abg moots pun ada e36 ka?

Top Bottom